Fallout 4 Thread

DevilishlyHandsome49

I spent forever making my characters look really fucking weird, and now my save has gone and fucking glitched or corrupted or something. When I get out of the decontamination/freeze chamber thing in the vault at the start of the game I can't move or do anything. 

I reloaded it another 2 or 3 times and it just kept happening. This kinda sucks.

I spent forever making my characters look really fucking weird, and now my save has gone and fucking glitched or corrupted or something. When I get out of the decontamination/freeze chamber thing in the vault at the start of the game I can't move or do anything. 

I reloaded it another 2 or 3 times and it just kept happening. This kinda sucks.

What platform are you playing it on?

Hmm, didn't encounter that bug. Are a lot of other PS4 people getting this glitch as well?

No idea. My brother has been playing it all day (up to level 13 now) and he's said it's buggy, but he hasn't had any glitches like that. According to this, just switching the console off and on again should work so I'll just try again tomorrow and hope for the best.

• Like 1

Console interface. I've had to use Autohotkey to properly remap keyboard controls in all Bethesda games since Oblivion. 

I hate it more for the primitive "yes" "no" "maybe" "question" / "Good" "Netural" "Bad" "Unsure" setup than for it's looks. Plus, don't even get me started on how you can't go back in a conversation to listen to something again in case you accidentally clicked or something.

Edited by Recel

I've only gotten to the part where you kill the first Deathclaw you encounter. The voice acting is pretty good compared to previous Bethesda games

thats the part i got to try it.

my sister wasted all her gatling ammo and then ask me for trying to kill it with a shawn off shotgun, some semi carbine and a laserrifle. tried to do it tactical by running over the roofs until i was so pissed that i just jumped into its face with the shotgun and wasted the 12 bullets she had. lucky for me that workd cuz it was already at 15%health left or so.

what a feeling. just took us an hour or so...

Finally got my new GTX 970 installed last night, after spending way to long trying to get old drivers off and new drivers on without breaking everything. Now I've got it running on Ultra (well, mostly Ultra) without any hiccups.

Still can't figure out why the load times are so long, though. I have everything installed on an SSD so the obvious bottleneck shouldn't be that bad.

Finally installing this thing. Only five gigabytes of a 23 gigabyte game included on the disk? Why didn't they at least give me multiple discs? Thank goodness I have decent internet speeds.

Also my Pipboy stand came broken and I have to find a way to fix it.

2015-11-19_00001.thumb.jpg.1fe3c3c6bd661

Finally found out a look for my guy I like and since I joined the brotherhood it is very fitting.2015-11-20_00002.thumb.jpg.e42190ab40f5e

Also bless the mod makers, especially the guy who made those planters available that Greygarden have, so no having to try and plant crops in the horrible terrain, red marks my ass, there is no obstructions here! let me plant my bloody carrots!!! *intense breathing and hyperventilating*

So I beat Fallout 4's main story...but that was just a test playthrough to see what ending I'd like. Now its time for the 2 real playthroughs I want to do...on survival mode! >:3

I've not been able to decide whether to play on Very Hard or Survival.

The first fight against the Deathclaw on V.Hard was just T__T ran out of bullets on the minigun, resorted to my shotgun, he destroyed the helmet on the power armour and I panicked In case he tore off my head, but managed to build up one final crit to end him xD

I even got to level 8 before leaving sanctuary cause I decided to do some building before going towards Concord

Edited by Naesaki
Forgot to add not into my initial sentence :v

I've not been able to decide whether to play on Very Hard or Survival.

The first fight against the Deathclaw on V.Hard was just T__T ran out of bullets on the minigun, resorted to my shotgun, he destroyed the helmet on the power armour and I panicked In case he tore off my head, but managed to build up one final crit to end him xD

I even got to level 8 before leaving sanctuary cause I decided to do some building before going towards Concord

On second thought...I'll just play it on hard

I've put so much time into this game and I can't even really recall any super cool moments right now. This is the most boring game I'm fine with playing all year. It's a good, mindless, time sink to sit down with. I kinda got what I expected...

Watching a friend play:

*Turn on noclip*

*walk off cliff*

*walk on air to the ground*

*physics engine still calculates the fall damage, die upon gently setting foot on ground below.*

My fucking sides are in orbit.

"Think you can cheat gravity, bitch? Try harder."

Watching a friend play:

*Turn on noclip*

*walk off cliff*

*walk on air to the ground*

*physics engine still calculates the fall damage, die upon gently setting foot on ground below.*

My fucking sides are in orbit.

And that's why you activate god mode too when pulling off this stunt

I've put so much time into this game and I can't even really recall any super cool moments right now. This is the most boring game I'm fine with playing all year. It's a good, mindless, time sink to sit down with. I kinda got what I expected...

See, that is my problem with the Fallout games. They are massive and there are tons of things to do and explore, but it all just sorta blends together in a very mediocre and forgettable way.

The glitchy world constantly kills any sort of immersion, the characters are all pretty flat and lack any real emotions and Bethesda simply can't animate people properly, it is always so obvious that they just follow a strict script. And the plot is always forgettable. 

It's a weird world with wacky weapons to dick around with, that is all the series has going for it in my opinion.

See, that is my problem with the Fallout games. They are massive and there are tons of things to do and explore, but it all just sorta blends together in a very mediocre and forgettable way.

The glitchy world constantly kills any sort of immersion, the characters are all pretty flat and lack any real emotions and Bethesda simply can't animate people properly, it is always so obvious that they just follow a strict script. And the plot is always forgettable. 

It's a weird world with wacky weapons to dick around with, that is all the series has going for it in my opinion.

One million quests and all of them give you worthless loot you have to just carry around until you can sell it but you can't buy anything worthwhile with money so what's the point

but you'll keep going. just because you think you can. and because you "can"... ... you "have to".

Its not really left a bad taste in my mouth its very enjoyable to me but alot of my faith is in the what the modders will do, they've done some seriously great things for FO3, FNV, Oblivion and Skyrim and I can't wait to see what they do.

I am genuinely interested to see what Bethesda do in regards to DLC / Expansions, hopefully they are at least decent length DLC like in previous and of course when the G.E.C.K comes out the modders will be making their own expansions and additions.

I mean yeah Bethesda shouldn't have to rely on the modders to make their game the best it can be, they should be doing that anyway but the modders will carry the game forward in 6 months time for me. So while it is indeed a flawed game it will have plenty of longevity for me.

My 1000+ hours in Skyrim, Fallout 3 and FNV will vouch for this xD, oh and Oblivion and Morrowind too but that would be pushing it into 2000 hour territory :P

Edited by Naesaki