My toe nail

Nova

Ew, reminds me of the time I crushed my big toe and it swelled up so big that the toenail fell off...

I didn't see a doctor and It grew back more or less in tact, though, so lucky me. I don't know the details, but I would think if this is something that has been bothering you for a long time, you might want to see a doctor before the nail falls off or gets worse as there may be a more serious cause behind it.

Aaaaah this remind me of my ingrown to nails.... such fond memories of extreme pain that you can feel up to your waist with every heartbeat, of almost passing out in pain when someone stepped on one of my feet. of becoming addicted to the codeine I was given to be able to actually walk more than 100 meters. Thos times when I really considered severing them off myself on a cutting board to be relieved of the pain.That time wen the surgeon told me that if he had seen me a week ater he would have amputated me...

My piece of advice? GO SEE DOCTOR ASAP!  You don't want those things getting bad, and I don't wnt you to live through what I did.

Edited by KookyFox

Yeah go see a doctor about that definitely, it could get even worse if you leave it. I had ingrown toenails on both my big toes (about 1 and a half years apart) and shit, they fucking hurt. Thankfully I went and got them checked out pretty quickly in both instances, and then they were removed a few weeks later. It's kinda weird having no big toenails.

Anyway, go get your toenail looked at by a doctor immediately because it could get really nasty if you just leave it (as KookyFox above said).

I would also recommend getting checked by a doctor. My cousin had problems with toe pain (and even infections, I think) for a long time, until he finally went to see a doctor about it. They had his ingrown toenail removed, and I haven't heard any complaints from him about his toe since then.

• Like 1

Hello guys, i have big problems with my big toenails. IT HURTS, so often stepped people on it or i crashed with it against object that its sensible against pain. Today it hurt extremly like its gonna fall of.

Should i go to a doctor and let it ripp of.

And really mean it seriously

Recommend for toenail hurt. Crashed objects for sensible pain. Make doctor for ripp of toe. 

You what

I think Nova means he kicked a rock in Africa which cause part of his big toenail to fall off, and the nail that's grown back in place of the bit that fell off has grown back in a "dumb"/stupid/inconvenient way (i.e. rather than going straight it's decided to grow into the toe instead).

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

Yeah go see a doctor about that definitely, it could get even worse if you leave it. I had ingrown toenails on both my big toes (about 1 and a half years apart) and shit, they fucking hurt. Thankfully I went and got them checked out pretty quickly in both instances, and then they were removed a few weeks later. It's kinda weird having no big toenails.

Anyway, go get your toenail looked at by a doctor immediately because it could get really nasty if you just leave it (as KookyFox above said).

They took the whole thing off? I had ingrown toenails myself but I still have most of the toenail.

They took the whole thing off? I had ingrown toenails myself but I still have most of the toenail.

Yeah, they tried cutting up the side of both nails to cut out the ingrowing bit but it kept growing back in afterwards so they just removed it. They injected the toe with local anaesthetic, pulled it out and then put a sort of liquid on the nail bed (some sort of acid I think) that destroyed the nail bed to stop the nail growing back whilst it's still healing. Getting the anaesthetic was horrible though because they need to inject it twice directly into two nerves on the top of the toe, and I'm really squeamish so I nearly fainted both times I to have them removed.

After that it was fine though, it was just a slight tugging feeling whilst I was reading a magazine and not looking. The nail will never grow back because of the liquid they used to destroy the nailbed, but I guess that's better than having the nail grow back during the healing process and fucking everything up. I mean it's only a toenail, doesn't really matter if I don't have two of them.

Yeah, they tried cutting up the side of both nails to cut out the ingrowing bit but it kept growing back in afterwards so they just removed it. They injected the toe with local anaesthetic, pulled it out and then put a sort of liquid on the nail bed (some sort of acid I think) that destroyed the nail bed to stop the nail growing back whilst it's still healing. Getting the anaesthetic was horrible though because they need to inject it twice directly into two nerves on the top of the toe, and I'm really squeamish so I nearly fainted both times I to have them removed.

After that it was fine though, it was just a slight tugging feeling whilst I was reading a magazine and not looking. The nail will never grow back because of the liquid they used to destroy the nailbed, but I guess that's better than having the nail grow back during the healing process and fucking everything up. I mean it's only a toenail, doesn't really matter if I don't have two of them.

I sat and stared at it when he was cutting my nail, wasn't pretty but I was pretty calm after the anesthetic was administered.

Ew, reminds me of the time I crushed my big toe and it swelled up so big that the toenail fell off...

I didn't see a doctor and It grew back more or less in tact, though, so lucky me. I don't know the details, but I would think if this is something that has been bothering you for a long time, you might want to see a doctor before the nail falls off or gets worse as there may be a more serious cause behind it.

and this just reminded me off how my big tonail just fell off because off no reason right after my family and i got back from the beach on vacation and i was still wet... oh baby that saltwater...

anyways i agree to the statements wich came before me and say if it really hurts that bad go to a doc.