TrishaCat

Yep. This is also hinted at by one of the Froggit NPCs you can encounter along the way.

Hidden Content

That's the Froggit that explains the yellow names and that sometimes you can spare enemies who don't have a yellow name. 

So there are Undertale let's plays popping up all over the place now. But I noticed a trend! They are incredibly boring when the player doesn't know what they are doing and lock themselves in on the neutral route by killing randomly. 

Well fuck me. Welp, looks like we're restarting boys.

If only resolving your sins were that simple....Well, it works. You can do a successful pacifist run that way, although

the game will laugh at you.

Oh I was talking about the fight with

Hidden Content

Oh okay. A lot of people do this. You just have to

keep sparing her. Her dialogue will change every time you spare her and eventually you'll see results
Edited by Battlechili

Double post because fuck you I'm special.

Just marathoned the entire game over again and didn't kill a single fucking thing.

And apparently according to douche-flower, I got denied the "true ending" because I skipped a lot of the shit with Papyrus on my re-playthrough that I had already seen and didn't figure it would matter since everyone just said don't kill anyone. I'm salty but thankfully god invented Youtube so I'm gonna go pretend everything's fine and go watch that and probably feel bad.

Oh and that last fight with Mettatron was horseshit. Seriously only having 1 health potion for the king was fucking awful.

Also "Execution Points" are the stupidest, most hamfisted 2deep4u indie shit I've seen.

0/10 This game is literally worse than Hitler.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

Just marathoned the entire game over again and didn't kill a single fucking thing.

Hidden Content

You can actually still get the complete ending without much trouble. All you have to do is backtrack to Papyrus's house next to Napstablook's. Take care of that, do what the game tells you, and then go back to Asgore and everything will go a lot differently. It doesn't take resetting the game or anything to get, and shouldn't take you more than another hour or so. The game also puts a lot of shortcuts up to make backtracking easier. Its worth it. There's a shit ton of story stuff you're missing currently, and a Youtube video doesn't really capture the feel of it. By the way, why didn't you just go back and buy some more health items? There are elevators for that. Also, its actually a good thing you did this because once you complete all the perfect ending requirements

the game doesn't let you fight Asgore and skips ahead instead.
Edited by Battlechili

Hidden Content

Fighting Asgore was a complete pain in the cock. I had to backtrack multiple times to get the worn dagger, and another time later to get some Cinnabuns.

I wish to put my wee-wee into the shop lady at snowdin

Hidden Content

Can't you still get true ending...

from no-friends paci run, if you just continue on after completion, do your friendship dates, and complete True Lab, though?

I've seen speedrunners use that tech, and it saves you from rerunning the entire game. 

Edited by Vae

Hidden Content

I've seen speedrunners use that tech, and it saves you from rerunning the entire game. 

I think as long as

you didn't go full genocide and get a genocide ending you can still try for the true ending. When I did the game it gave me a neutral ending even though I went full pacifist and didn't get a single EXP. Didn't even kill Toriel. I had to fight Giga-Flowey and also didn't kill him. There's a number of variations of the neutral ending and you HAVE to get one before you can get the true ending. I went for a true ending by continuing rather than resetting, and I did e.g. the cooking with Undyne, the letter, and the lab as if it were a post-game and got the true end.

I want to try for the genocide ending but apparently it intentionally fucks up your save so you're stuck with not being able to get the true ending at all unless you delete the file or whatever. Also I'm too attached to the characters now.

I think as long as

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

You can actually still get the "true ending"...

after completing a geno run. But, as far as I understand it, some characters make comments about it. Flowey, for certain, and I think Sans does too?

The biggest difference is what it does to the ending sequence. 

Both true ending sequences (sleeping in Toriel's house / the picture you get) involve the Fallen Child.
Since you sold your soul to them to get the game back in geno ending.
So it implies they're still alive in Frisk, and they're going to kill everyone. Even if it doesn't directly show that. 

You can actually still get the "true ending"...

Hidden Content

I'll have to give it a shot then, but I kinda wanna see what else I can do/find without having done a geno run first.

The biggest difference is what it does to the ending sequence. 

Hidden Content

I think I saw that on youtube after I did my pacifist run.

where the kid has flowey's smile after Toriel leaves a butterscotch pie

Hidden Content

Yes. That's what I did. I didn't make friends with some of them and just went back after beating the game to do what I missed. I didn't have to start over or anything.

My friend gifted me this game last night. Can't say I'm hooked, but the patterns are fun to dodge mostly. I appreciate that they mix and match them depending on the enemy combinations you encounter. Makes prioritizing your "attacks" more of an ingrained feature in "combat". Especially if there's a specific method to sparing enemies (if you're about that life).

I'll have to give it a shot then, but I kinda wanna see what else I can do/find without having done a geno run first.

I think I saw that on youtube after I did my pacifist run.

Hidden Content

That's not Flowey's smile. The flashing red eyes show that the first fallen human still owns you. (If you choose not to stay with Toriel you will see a group photo with all your friend's faces crossed out, reminding you that you killed them on the genocide route.)

The first human that Asriel befriended is pretty much a demon. Pure evil that wrecks timelines. He fell into the mountain and befriended Asriel. He then planned to commit suicide so Asriel can absorb his soul and cross the barrier. But he also wanted to take over Asriel's body so he could use that power for himself. He probably planned to enter the Underground to begin with so he could fuse with a monster and become more powerful.

When they cross the barrier they get themselves killed, go back to Asgore's castle and die. They bring the seeds for the golden flowers with them. The first of these flowers got their ash on it, that flower later gets injected with "determination" and turns into Flowey, who is a soulless reborn Asriel with all his memories but no compassion or emotions.

But the first human comes back when you say his name, as in when you type in their name when you start the game! He attatches himself to Frisk.

On a pacifist run nothing really happens with the first human. Since you don't kill anyone your level of violence won't increase so the demon seems to stay dormant.

But on a genocide run he becomes stronger as Frisk's level of violence increases. This goes so far that he starts to control Frisk (killing bosses in one blow, moving Frisk when you don't make him move). And at the very end he becomes strong enough to fully manifest again. Stronger than Frisk even! Strong enough to either wipe out the whole timeline or to annihilate Frisk if you choose not to destroy the world.

So, I've been interested in the game for a few weeks, but watching the tutorial episode on Game Grumps officially hooked me. Haven't spoiled the game at all for myself, and I'm actually interested in trying the genocide route first (much as I feel bad about that idea) because the attitude people have towards that story route very much intrigues me. If it gets too feelsy and I cry, I'll start over and do pacifism.

I doubt it will take long

Edited by Eggdodger

the demo isnt on steam i think

the official website has it though

Yesyes, found it!

Thanks <3 Although I'm pretty sure that I'll like this game (and the steam refund system essentially gives you a <2 hour demo anyways)

Has a very MOTHER 1 feel to it

y-you could have just played the free demo

Sometimes I forget Steam games have demos

I usually just buy them on impulse

the demo isnt on steam i think

the official website has it though

To be fair, it's pretty easy to miss that it has a demo. I think anyone making a video of it, at least of the start of the game, should mention it so people don't spoil the game for themselves.

To be fair, it's pretty easy to miss that it has a demo. I think anyone making a video of it, at least of the start of the game, should mention it so people don't spoil the game for themselves.

Oh yeah, I hate spoilers. I only watched the first episode since they said the developer told them, "Tell people if they like the game, feel free to stop watching and try it for yourself!" I plan on doing that sometime this week.

Passive run with the two royal guards... d'awwwwwwwwww

Also I just love the way different enemy attacks work and the inventiveness of the boss fights (particularly Muffet, even if she is a huge pain in the ass) 

Edit: During Mettaton's colour puzzle, try not stepping on any tiles except the first one

Edited by Xaerun

I was just thinking...

Papyrus thinks he is the greatest, in truth he is the biggest idiot you come across in the game and he has no issues with using physical force to achieve his goals, even when he wants to get on a date with that person. At the same time he is completely harmless and pretty much a pushover.

Papyrus is Chris-Chan.

• Like 1

I was just thinking...

Papyrus thinks he is the greatest, in truth he is the biggest idiot you come across in the game and he has no issues with using physical force to achieve his goals, even when he wants to get on a date with that person. At the same time he is completely harmless and pretty much a pushover.

Hidden Content

How dare.

• Like 1

I know I'm using a lot of spoilers but

███████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████████
██████████░░███░░░░░░██░░░░░░██░░██████████
█████████
░░░░░████████████████░░░░█████████
████████
░░░░░█████████████████░░░░░████████
█████████
░░██████░░░░░░░░░██████░░█████████
██████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████
████
░░░░█████░░░░███░░░███░░░░█████░░░░████
███
░░░░░░███░░░░██████████░░░░███░░░░░░███
██
░░░░░░░██░░░░██████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██
░░░███████░░░░█████░░░█████░░░░███████░░░
░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██░░█████░░░░░░░░████░░██░░░░░░░░
███
░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░░██░░░░░░███
████
░░░░░███░░░░░███████░░░░░███░░░░░████
█████
░░░░░██░░░░░░████░░░░░██░░░░░█████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░█████████████
██████████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
████████
░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░████████
███████
░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░███████
██████
░░░░░░█████████████████░░░░░░██████
██████
░░░░░░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
████████
░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░████████
███████████████████████████████████████████

V E RY    C L EV E R

Edited by ChaosCalix
  • Like 1

I watched an whole lp of the game and everything and its very cool and interresting.

Because you dont need to kill. Also  i cried because of the game because it has so many feels and sad moments.

The soundtracks of the game are just epic.

Sadly my laptop doesnt work and i cant play it myself.

Decided to pick it up today. This game seems to switch between being dark and emotional, and making me laugh because of the outrageous characters. It's fantastic.

Be sure to earn as much LOVE as possible. It's the only way to get the best ending.

Also since we've officially reached meme game status, here's some of the freshest and dankest memes. No spoilers I swear. :^) fo real do'

Edited by PastryOfApathy
Now this is meme racing!
  • Like 2

I'm already getting tired of this game because all I've seen about it is arguing about the characters.

will someone please tell me in laymans terms what the hell this game is about

Basically it's an RPG with an emphasis on puzzles where you're a kid who falls into a world of monsters which have been sealed underground because people are dicks. At first it seems kinda cliche, but then shit gets fuckin' weird, fourth wall breaking, and extremely mind-fucky. The main distinguishing mechanics are the "mercy" system where the game encourages you to not kill enemies and instead find peaceful means of ending fights, turning each fight into a kind of puzzle where you find out what you need to do to spare them (an early example is a monster who you can find out is an aspiring comedian, and when he makes a bad pun before attacking you have the option to laugh at his joke allowing you to "win" the fight). The other one is the way monsters attack where you control a heart (your soul) and have to avoid projectiles similar to a bullet hell game like Touhou or something to avoid taking damage.

It's one of those games that's extremely hard to describe without spoiling everything since it really does get fucking weird and experiencing these things blind is part of the experience. All I can say is it's quickly become one of my favorite games of all time, the characters are all amazing and fucking hilarious, the story is truly remarkable and feelsy, the music is god-tier and most importantly, you get to date a skeleton. Play it quick before the horrible memers and fandom people take complete control.

• Like 4

they are

i Saw actual fights over which characters werw asexual and autistic

Tumblrites aren't people. They're simply people who've transcended the mere mortal realms of memery to a higher plane of memeing.where the terms "omnisexual" and "zer" are used unironically.

Seriously why do skeletons have like glowy dicks all of a sudden? Where the fuck did that even come from?