I Can't Do Anything

PastryOfApathy

Like nothing.

No matter how hard I try I can't do a single fucking thing. I can't finish drawing anything, I can't leave my fucking house, I can't talk to people on the fucking internet, and I can't even play fucking video games. Like I'm just a...thing that's just existing and nothing more. I feel like a fucking walking corpse more than a person and that sucks dick. Like I just want to be able to fucking do anything but I just can't. Fuck, I can't even talk to someone irl or anything like all I can do is just go to sleep and hope shit changes but I know it won't. It never fucking does.

Like nothing.

No matter how hard I try I can't do a single fucking thing. I can't finish drawing anything, I can't leave my fucking house, I can't talk to people on the fucking internet, and I can't even play fucking video games. Like I'm just a...thing that's just existing and nothing more. I feel like a fucking walking corpse more than a person and that sucks dick. Like I just want to be able to fucking do anything but I just can't. Fuck, I can't even talk to someone irl or anything like all I can do is just go to sleep and hope shit changes but I know it won't. It never fucking does.

You need actual professional therapy from a trained psychologist or similar. Anything you get here will basically be platitude.

• Like 7

You need actual professional therapy from a trained psychologist or similar. Anything you get here will basically be platitude.

That's right! I have felt like this for over ten years and now am finally getting help. Trust me, no one should have to wait that long.

I'm sorry to hear that Pastry. You're on my ok list and it sucks to see you like this. We all have our ups and downs, I go through these phases too. Wish I could help but I'm a sucker at giving advice so I can only wish you for it to pass soon. You're a better person that you may think, seen it in the things you say which they often make a lotta sense to me. Be well mate and good luck

Honestly, I get this all the time, and what it is, is depression.

You might need to see a doctor about getting on some anti-depressants.
At least to get you back on your feet again, so everything doesn't feel like an impossibility.

This sounds very familiar

I get like this as well occasionally, even with anti-depressants. It's very rare for a game or task to completely hold my attention, but when it does, I feel great. I'm accomplishing something, even if it's relatively minor and fictitious. I want to draw, I want to produce audio tracks, I want to attempt to create music, but my attention span is so short that I'll give up before I've even given it a decent attempt. Some days it works well, and I'll pump out a lot of work, but most days it's a struggle to keep myself happily occupied. It's all too familiar with me.

Maybe you have ADHD as well? I know I do. That, coupled with depression is not a good mix.

Get an appointment to see a doctor or a phyciatrist as soon as you can. After that find small things to do, force yourself to walk around the park (if there is one), walk around your street, walk around town. Trust me you need to force yourself to do these things.

Would it be right to assume that this topic goes into the "rant"-category...?

Like others have already suggested, I too think you should get in touch with a doctor to get an appointment with a psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist, depending on if you want a diagnosis, better understanding of your issues or resolvement of your issues, respectively.

I've been seeing a therapist on a regular basis since September-ish, and lemme' tell you, things are a lot better. Anger issues aren't as recurring as they used to be, I actually dare talking to strangers to a certain extent in real life. I still work on that, but it goes a lot better, and I'm more open about myself now. I actually have an ever-building shrivel of confidence and trust in myself and others, something I've never really had before.

Of course it doesn't work everyone, but I urge you to give it a try. Change will take time. Lots of it, but if you give it enough, you might see things turning for the better. I know I am, according to both my therapist and long-term friends.

Just agreeing with everyone here that you should seriously try to find some form of therapy, be it free on campus kind or just a payment-to-payment system. Depression really fucks a person up. You cannot do it alone- it'll very realistically kill a person if left untreated. 

Yeah, sometimes it is. Anyone that has ever been manic would know that...

Except the whole point of being manic is that you do not have full control of your thought and emotions and therefor cannot will yourself to just "suck it up."

Mania is literally the complete inability to "suck it up." If you can just suck it up, that means you're not manic. :U

Except the whole point of being manic is that you do not have full control of your thought and emotions and therefor cannot will yourself to just "suck it up."

Mania is literally the complete inability to "suck it up." If you can just suck it up, that means you're not manic. :U

Except, being manic does not affect every individual in the exact same way, like with most other mental illnesses. :U Plus we're not even sure that's what we're dealing with here, only a doctor can diagnose what is actually wrong. 

Edited by Mr. Fox

Where are you guys getting this manic thing at all? Manic people are high on life with racing thoughts, high sex drive, and generally feel pretty damned good.

What OP is describing sounds more like dysthymia. A constant mild form of depression. Think Eeyore.

Like others have said is that OP should go to a doctor and possibly get a referral to therapy. Most insurance companies will cover therapy since its considered preventative treatment. Pastry, go get some sunlight, exercise, and maybe a nice prescription of Zoloft.

Hope you feel better.

I made this thread because I was feeling super shit at like 4 in the morning because I'm fucking stupid. I haven't taken any adderall for like over a month now since Boston public transportation can suck my asshole. Shit's like the kinda thing you'd write in a diary to vent...but in a public forum since I'm stupid.

God bless the 21st century!

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I made this thread because I was feeling super shit at like 4 in the morning because I'm fucking stupid. I haven't taken any adderall for like over a month now since Boston public transportation can suck my asshole. Shit's like the kinda thing you'd write in a diary to vent...but in a public forum since I'm stupid.

Lol don't worry, I do it all the time. Worst thing that can happen is people think less of you. Everyone does something they regret on the internet at least a couple times. Unless it's a piss bottle I doubt anyone will remember in a couple  months.

7 minutes ago, MissFleece said:

Lol don't worry, I do it all the time. Worst thing that can happen is people think less of you. Everyone does something they regret on the internet at least a couple times. Unless it's a piss bottle I doubt anyone will remember in a couple  months.

What the fuck that shit beeped.

I'm not seriously worried though. Everyone does dumb shit and so long as I don't keep bringing it up it'll die and no one will remember it since it's quite frankly not at all interesting.

Edit: Now Just got like a beep and a notification on like a completely different tab. WHAT THE FUCK IS MADNESS!?!

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

Obviously the best way to handle depression. Man, I didn't know it was that easy! :U

/end sarcasm

Toshabi Protip: Don't waste your time on the tryhard trolls that suck dildos. Mr. Fox is over compensating and trying too hard to give off this intawebz badazz image when everyone knows he's teh fag o' Penix. Waste your time on the quality ones that make you giggle like a 14 year old cheer leader that got a text from the varsity football QB. Like Toshabi!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

It's alright. You can

6 minutes ago, Toshabi said:

Toshabi Protip: Don't waste your time on the tryhard trolls that suck dildos. Mr. Fox is over compensating and trying too hard to give off this intawebz badazz image when everyone knows he's teh fag o' Penix. Waste your time on the quality ones that make you giggle like a 14 year old cheer leader that got a text from the varsity football QB. Like Toshabi!

''This''

Ran out of reputation to give, bear with me

1 hour ago, Toshabi said:

I agree with ya' there. I thought the point of trolling was to be funny!

I've been having a similar problem with school. I just can't bring myself to work, even though I know I need to, even if I want to. I always do things at the last minute and make a rush job of it. Shit, I have a final in an hour and I'm on here right now FFS. Its been especially bad since I ran out of adderall. 

Bloobloobloo someone called me out on muh sorry attemptz at teh trollz and now ahm butthurt fuuck u mang fuck u LOLZ BTE OP GROW UP CUZ LAWL EMOSHUNS R FUR FAGGOTZ BE MANZ LIKE ME xD I AM RELEVANT MEMBER I AM BEING TEH COOL TROLLZ xD 

HOI!!!! BLOK ME OR I WILL DEFEET U!!!!!!!!

It's fucking depression, what are you going to do about it?

The best fucking thing, is to seize those moments that you can handle, and no matter how shitty the result may be, just keep on fucking doing it. Just kidding.

It'll eat you up from the inside out if you don't deal with it, and then where are you going to be? You are you, and depression is another figure altogether, it's not like you woke up one day and figured that was something you probably should have as a part of your own being... Nobody wants that bullshit.

Fucking nobody.

I know the feeling, this huge desire to be so much as half-ass sociable, but some bullshit lingering pile of shit is keeping you away from it. What do you do?

Seek help. It's hard, but that's what you do.

It's not a problem that will take care of itself. Simple. The worst part is trying to be independent, but it's like an ultimatum over being reclusive or an adept member of society.

Trust me on that, I know the feeling way too well.