House Size!

Revates

How big would you like your house?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How big would you like your house?

• Rediculously large
    • Large
    • Medium
    • Small
    • I want a disgusting furrydungeon/ I want the polls to end.

Okay what is your dream houses size? And tell us some stuff about it.

Personally I'd like a small 1 bedroom sort of place somewhere near the mountains with plenty of forrests.

Edited by Revates
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Revates said:

Personally I'd like a small 1 bedroom sort of place somewhere near the mountains with plenty of forrests.

Honestly, same.

One reason I've been aiming for Washington. Forest, mountains, and rain. Everything I want.

• Like 1

I want a house in proportion to market desires and futures, such that (when coupled with other factors such as taxes, mortgage interest rates, area, schools, etc) it serves as an effective wealth vehicle and retains or grows in value (or hell, at least loses me less money than throwing it into the money pit that is apartment living, don't even get me started about impossible-to-sell condos/townhomes) until I choose to sell it.

This will generally require a home much larger than what fits my other personal needs.

Edited by DrGravitas
Corrected townhome placement

I'd like a medium sized home, since we are planning on having kids some time. We both want to live out in the country or in the woods. Somewhere we don't have to see our neighbors, but isn't a 30+ minute drive to work. Our current plan is to buy some land, around 5 or so acres, and buy a double wide home. We can always add on to it. I know we want a basement to have out of the way storage and laundry area.

On December 10, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Revates said:

Okay what is your dream houses size? And tell us some stuff about it.

Sooo... You want our house? ;)

It's taken many years and the help and inspiration of my amazing mate Mitha to make it happen but we finally have our little cabin in the woods out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees forever...  Now if only it would snow again. It's almost Christmas in bumfuk Alaska and there's no snow. WTF. 

Edited by Nordo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nordo said:

Sooo... You want our house? ;)

It's taken many years and the help and inspiration of my amazing mate Mitha to make it happen but we finally have our little cabin in the woods out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees forever...  Now if only it would snow again. It's almost Christmas in bumfuk Alaska and there's no snow. WTF. 

YES, I want your house. That sounds absolutely amazing to live in, do you get to see much wildlife there? Also I've never actually seen snow so that would be pretty amazing to see.

17 minutes ago, Revates said:

YES, I want your house. That sounds absolutely amazing to live in, do you get to see much wildlife there? Also I've never actually seen snow so that would be pretty amazing to see.

You're going to think I'm full of shit but yeah, we see tons of wildlife. There's lots of moose around here and earlier this fall we had a mother and her two calves spend the night in our yard. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Revates said:

It's all melted now though...

image.jpg

Edited by Mitha
  • Like 1

Honestly i couldn't care less, a roof is a roof and as long as i'm warm at night everything else is irrelevant. Having said that finding a place with the right conditions to set up a small forge and finally try my hand at bladesmithing would be fantastic.

Fairly small to medium cozy house. I'd like one with an extra room dedicated to drawing/art/design stuff. Complete with pegboards/whitboards, shelves of notebooks/books, drawings pinned on the wall, plans laid out, a desk with computers and art programs.

Anything else is fairly up in the air. Buuuut I do like the idea of it nestled in some trees or woodsy area, I dont mind living in a suburb and would prefer it but I did see this one house nestled in and surrounded by trees and I almost felt like I was gonna live there...

A cute victorian inspired single floor home with a porch and a nice backyard surrounded by trees. ~20 minutes to shopping and the city, but a view of the mountains. 

So, colorado. 

My house is a single story ranch, and it has a floor plan that is about 1,630 ft2. I can say it is just about big enough for my tastes and the needs of the pack of rabid velociraptors girlfriend and 4 cats that I also share the home with.. The bedrooms are all decently sized. The two bathrooms are a bit cramped but meet our needs, the kitchen is pretty much fine (even if it needs a refresh on the cabinets), the den and living room are adequately sized to entertain folks and be cozy when it's just us. I do wish the bathrooms were a little bigger, I really wish I had a bit more closet space (clothes and linens are impossible to manage with the early-1970s idea of "just enough closet space") and I wish I had one more room to make into a library/study/office so that I didn't have to sacrifice a bedroom to that purpose. Otherwise, this space is fine.

The problem after that isn't one of square footage, but of raw clutter. Too. Much. Shit.

Edit after posting and reflecting on things: The real problem is copper-clad aluminum wiring and circuits that are far, far too long. One 15 amp circuit should not be expected to service three bedrooms! Fuck the contractors that did the wiring for this place. Pure laziness.

Edited by Ginpanther
They know what they did