I Think Taco Bell Almost Killed Me

Lucyfish

So last night for me was an... experience. My girlfriend and I went out like we always do, and I got some Taco Bell because I hadn't eaten all day. Quite a bit of Taco Bell, honestly.

So I eat all the Taco Bell and we go to a friend's house to smoke a couple bowls, nothing new and nothing that's ever given me a problem before. Suddenly about thirty minutes to an hour later as I'm sitting at the table, I feel myself feeling really loopy and out of it. So I excuse myself to go to the restroom, which goes just fine, except for the fact that as I'm sitting on the toilet I start to feel like I am tripping DICK. Then I finish up and I come back to the table. As I'm asking my girlfriend June to scoot passed her to get back to my seat, suddenly everything goes wrong. I slumped against her, all the color completely left my face, and suddenly I was on the ground with everyone huddled around me asking if I was alright.

Apparently I had just gone completely pale and collapsed. I have utterly no clue what had happened, but the signs seem to point to dehydration. For the entire rest of the night I got incredibly sick. I huddled up in the bathroom and while I was purging I could barely even move my body. From the looks of it, that Taco Bell had not only given me food poisoning but it had just sapped all the water from my body completely. I had to force myself to breathe and my heartbeat was through the roof. I only had one coherent thought in my mind: sleep. If it wasn't for my girlfriend June I would have collapsed again in that bathroom and totally passed out. I couldn't keep one coherent thought in my head and I could hardly move, at the time I legitimately thought I was going to die.

Anyway, June managed to get me into the car and she took me home. We got a lot of water in my system and she kept her eye on me until I was able to get my wits about me again. I'm doing better now, although I feel very physically weak and very emotionally shook up. I'm gonna go see my new doctor soon hopefully and get myself checked out to see what happened. It was a very terrifying experience.

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

So last night for me was an... experience. My girlfriend and I went out like we always do, and I got some Taco Bell because I hadn't eaten all day. Quite a bit of Taco Bell, honestly.

So I eat all the Taco Bell and we go to a friend's house to smoke a couple bowls, nothing new and nothing that's ever given me a problem before. Suddenly about thirty minutes to an hour later as I'm sitting at the table, I feel myself feeling really loopy and out of it. So I excuse myself to go to the restroom, which goes just fine, except for the fact that as I'm sitting on the toilet I start to feel like I am tripping DICK. Then I finish up and I come back to the table. As I'm asking my girlfriend June to scoot passed her to get back to my seat, suddenly everything goes wrong. I slumped against her, all the color completely left my face, and suddenly I was on the ground with everyone huddled around me asking if I was alright.

A couple of issues here:

1) You wouldn't be dehydrated and then have diarrhea.  Diarrhea causes dehydration, one is the result of the other, it can't be inverted.

2) If you got sick within 30-60mins after eating and nothing was coming out of your mouth, the food you ate most certainly didn't make you sick.  It wasn't past the stomach.  You're pegging the wrong cause.  Also, your time frame is in general, way to short.  Any kind of food born pathogen needs a lot more time than 60mins to kick in and cause an immune system response.  So any cause actually happened hours before hand.  Assuming there even is a cause, sometimes the body is just like 'Fuck it!' and digestively flips the table over just because it hates you.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 1

Usually food poisoning involves diarrhea. Your body tries to expell it from both ends. So what happened to you sounds like it was something even more extreme than plain old bacterial food poisoning - like some sort of bacteria made toxin that got into the food - or maybe the bowl of stuff you were smoking wasn't exactly pure and you had a reaction to it.

Fast foods in general are horrible. Better stay away from that altogether, not just Taco Bell. Last time I ate chips at McDonalds they tasted like absolute garbage, like if they were made out of cardboard or something, not to mention the McToast I used to eat along with 'em. Is this fucking snot supposed to be cheese?!?

I suggest looking up some recipes on the internet and cooking your own food. It may not be the most cost or time efficient option, but seeing what happened it's better to start avoiding chain restaurants of the sort like the plague. You may even make a new hobby outta cooking, who knows

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I thought you were politely implying it by mentioning the toilet so much. 

You can use a toilet for puking tooooooo.

And no, a quick 24 hour food poisoning bug does NOT need a lot of time to get into your system. 30 minutes is absolutely enough time for one of those to come into effect. And no, only from specific bugs does diarrhea come into effect. There are tons and tons of types of food poisoning, including bugs that come on quick, last one night, and then start leaving you alone.

You know, there is a tendency for people working in fast food to not be entirely on the up-and-up.  I'm honestly wondering if someone accidentally dropped some of their... ah... 'recreational' stash in your food.  I've heard of all kinds of stories from Taco Bell food, but nothing quite that extreme.  Then again, maybe you did eat far too much and your body went 'NOPE.'  As mentioned above, fast food has WAY more salt in it than is healthy; it's the only way to make that 'fit for human consumption' meat palatable. xD

5 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Honestly, what the fuck is going on in USA where you guys get sick every time you eat Taco Bell?
I've eaten Taco Bell my whole life and not once have I ever felt sick after eating it.

Crunchwraps = best

I've never gotten sick from eating Taco Bell and I eat there kind of frequently.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

Well I'm doing better today, but my whole body feels sore. Particularly my shoulder and chest muscles.

yeah heavy vomiting will do that

13 minutes ago, Pignog said:

i had a friend back in hs who used to brag about how he jerked off into the taco bell meat. youre playing russian roulette every time you eat there

??????????????????????

what the fuck??????????????????????

??????????????????????

58 minutes ago, Pignog said:

i had a friend back in hs who used to brag about how he jerked off into the taco bell meat. youre playing russian roulette every time you eat there

We have cameras all over the back in our Taco Bell, so nothing like that is likely to happen here. Though I have heard stories about some of the other fast food places. Don't eat Arby's after 8.

5 minutes ago, Catilda Lily said:

We have cameras all over the back in our Taco Bell, so nothing like that is likely to happen here. Though I have heard stories about some of the other fast food places. Don't eat Arby's after 8.

this was back in the wild west of fast food, when men were men, cameras were non-existent, and jerking off in meat sauce was strongly encouraged/mandatory.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pignog said:

this was back in the wild west of fast food, when men were men, cameras were non-existent, and jerking off in meat sauce was strongly encouraged/mandatory.

So this reminded me of when my brother used to work for Taco Bell, he'd tell us how they used to pick out cow teeth and hides from the beef.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Catilda Lily said:

So this reminded me of when my brother used to work for Taco Bell, he'd tell us how they used to pick out cow teeth and hides from the beef.

Gotta call bullshit on that one. Filler that isn't beef like oats and soy? Yeah. Cow teeth in the taco meat. No. It's the lowest shit tier of beef that the USDA allows, but you won't find any cow hides unless they throw the whole cow into a grinder.

• Like 4

Just now, Zeke said:

Gotta call bullshit on that one. Filler that isn't beef like oats and soy? Yeah. Cow teeth in the taco meat. No.

Well, to be fair, I do sometimes pick out small bone pieces. Of course you can find those in the steak and chicken as well. But yes, our beef is not gluten free, as weird as that is to say.

2 minutes ago, Catilda Lily said:

Well, to be fair, I do sometimes pick out small bone pieces. Of course you can find those in the steak and chicken as well. But yes, our beef is not gluten free, as weird as that is to say.

You can also find bone pieces in the raw ground meat you find at grocery stores, and usually it's bone shards from the legs, ribs, hips, and shoulders. 

Pretty sure it was the weed. Similar thing happened to a friend whom i partied with. Color escaped, heavy vomiting and all that fun stuff. He passed out at a friend's couch and we looked after him. And no, he wasn't alco drunk as that was a pre-bar thingy.

And he does that shit often too. Guess he found his limits to that stuff the hard way.

Tim Hortons is open 24hrs

8 hours ago, Catilda Lily said:

bull (hahaha)

the way meat is processed, there would be no chance of teeth being in ground beef

bits of bone? sure

hide? MAYBE if someone did a horrible job on the initial skinning cut, but highly unlikely.

• Like 1