Oxygen

Kinharia

Oxygen and I have a love/hate relationship going right now, and it's because it helps things burn.

On one side of the coin, it helps us shoot things up so high they orbit the Earth, but on the other side, it kinda'-sorta' makes trees in a forest burn down all at once and makes fires big enough to be named, generate their own weather, and march toward civilization.

You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?

Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

Just call me Tyler Durden

• Like 3

Just now, DrDingo said:

Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

why can't it just be helium to take the painful crash away?

34 minutes ago, willow said:

because not only would you be screaming, but you'd sound like a chipmunk too while you spiral downward in a fiery crash :u

that too, but supposedly if your oxygen supply is replaced with helium, you won't notice but it can make you drift unconcious and then suffocate whilst out

On 3/30/2016 at 6:09 AM, DrDingo said:

Your chemistry recipe for making homemade incendaries is bullshit, Tyler!

16 hours ago, 6tails said:

This is why I smoke, to retain my youthful appearance by letting carbon monoxide bind to my cells instead of regular oxygen.

And by depriving your brain cells of oxygen, we get to determine your consumption rate by the quality of your posts. :V

10 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I've always found passing out to be a really scary experience.

I passed out and convulsed for unknown reasons about a year ago. Its incipience felt very strange and I thought that I was dying, but after that it really wasn't that bad. 

I had some tests done, but didn't find any reason for it. 

Just now, Saxon said:

I passed out and convulsed for unknown reasons about a year ago. Its incipience felt very strange and I thought that I was dying, but after that it really wasn't that bad. 

I had some tests done, but didn't find any reason for it. 

Just a couple months ago I collapsed. I remember walking to my girlfriend and then suddenly I was on the ground and everyone was huddled around me worried. It was a pretty panic-filled moment.

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Just a couple months ago I collapsed. I remember walking to my girlfriend and then suddenly I was on the ground and everyone was huddled around me worried. It was a pretty panic-filled moment.

Did you ever find out why? 

Just now, Lucyfish said:

Never found out exactly why but signs point to dehydration.

Low blood sugar could also be to blame, if you hadn't eaten for a while. 

My doctor first assumed that my convulsions were indicative of a congenital deformity in the brain, but I had a scan, which showed my brain to be anatomically normal.