Armello!

Hewge

Armello! Anyone here play Armello? I love playing Armello! You would love playing Armello, too! Go buy Armello! Armello! !

Armello is a virtual board game, themed in a fantasy world filled with animal peoples. It's original, it's strategic, it has a great art style, and it's totally fun to play!

The 'goal' of the game, is that the big buff lion of a king must die and you need to take the throne for yourself, so that you may rule over Armello! ...or one of the other 3 people you'll be fighting it for will, instead.

http://armello.com/ http://armello.com/ http://armello.com/ 

Still not convinced by the promise of cartoon animal people?! Go watch these cool animated trailers then:

• Like 2

I have played Armello when it first came out but the game play was a little too slow for my taste. I haven't played with people though and I bet conversation could help with that. I might need to give it a second chance.

Armello's one of those games where you can just pick it up anytime to play a round, so convenient. :P Amber definitely tops the list for my favourite to play! Kinda wish multiplayer had more people within it though, sitting in queue for almost 10mins can be a bit of a pain.

Aww, snap. So many players! And bandit backers! I totally wanted to back Armello when it was in kickstarter, but I wasn't able to at the time! I am eternally sad...

My favourites are Thane, Brun, and Barnaby! If I owned the bandits, I'd be all over the badger and the otter.

Edited by Hewge

Oh man, talk about hoisted by their own petard! I just had an amazing scenario play out.

I blocked Scarlet's path to an open palace square with wall of thorns. She turned around and spited me by placing a wall of thorns on my story objective! Then, it came to her turn and she moved to a dungeon square next to the palace to sidestep my torns and was teleported INSIDE her own wall of Thorns! xD

This happened in the morning, so she had to spend the entire night turn sitting there thinking about what she did!

2015-09-27_00001.thumb.jpg.fb59739fea678

• Like 1

I played a nice game today with my friends Atokada and Stray, who brought in one of her friends as well. Her friend got FIVE spirit stones, but we would not let him anywhere near the King. Stray got geared up for a king slayer victory with tons of armor and positioned next to the king on the second to last turn, but Atokada lightning bolted her away. Which basically gave me the win, because I was sitting on 15 Prestige.  ;3

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Pignog said:

one day i will have the ability to play this again

have they said when theyre making the bandits available to everybody?

Yes! They said they're going to release the Bandits as DLC "next year".

Ima take a guess and say that it will be within the first few months of 2016.

• 8 months later...

necroin this thread because armello still owns and all TRUE FURRIES should play it. It's on sale this weekend and some new DLC w/ 4 new characters is available.

Reminder the art is beautiful:

New Characters:

There are a bunch of people on the forums who play it already, including: @Pignog@Zerig@Eggdodger@Revates@evan@Luca@Moogle@Falaffel@DrGravitas@Hewge@Feelwell the Rabbit

Maybe others I'm forgetting?

• Like 2

I have had this game on my wishlist for some time, but have never been certain I will like like the gameplay...

As you play a lot of board games (I think?), what tabletop game would you say it most closely compares to? To me it looks a lot like Mage Knight: The Board Game, but the core mechanic appears to be different (dice vs. cards), so I am not sure how apt a comparison this is...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Osrik said:

I have had this game on my wishlist for some time, but have never been certain I will like like the gameplay...

As you play a lot of board games (I think?), what tabletop game would you say it most closely compares to? To me it looks a lot like Mage Knight: The Board Game, but the core mechanic appears to be different (dice vs. cards), so I am not sure how apt a comparison this is...

I've been trying to place it in terms of board games since I got it last year. I haven't played Mage Knight but from what I've seen Armello borrows from it at least a bit. Here's a quick run-down:

There is a randomly generated hex-based map with 4 players (either human or AI) beginning at each corner. In the center of the map is a castle with the king and some Kingsguard. The basic plot is this king is slowly dying of "rot" and the major animal clans are fighting over who's going to be the next king. You can win in a few different ways: 1) collecting the most prestige and become the most popufur, 2) collecting all the dragon balls and banishing the king to hell, 3) kicking in the door to the castle and murdering the king, declaring yourself successor, or 4) becoming corrupted by rot yourself, kicking in the door and murdering the king, then declaring yourself hell king I guess.

There's a mix of cards and dice used in the game and it works really well. If I want a game where there's no random chance I usually play chess. Right now there are 12 playable characters (16 if you were a backer and these backer-only ones are allegedly being released at some point) and each character has a different set of stats (Fight, Body, Spirit, Wits) as well as a special ability. Before the game starts you can also customize them with a ring and amulet to boost them in different ways.

In game, you draw a hand from 3 card decks (trickery, magic, items), the size of which is based on your Wits stat. Trickery allows you to lay traps and mess with other players, magic cards are self-explanatory and based on your Spirit stat, and items are usually either consumable one-use things or equipable stuff like armour and weapons. When you get into a fight you roll dice (the number can be influenced by a lot of variables) that will show different symbols (sword, shield, moon, sun, tree, rot). A sword is a hit, a shield is a parry, a sun is a hit during day, a moon is a hit during night, a tree is a hit + extra die if you're uncorrupted, a rot is a hit + extra die if you're corrupted. Here you can affect how much random chance actually affects the outcome by burning cards in your hand (each card has one of these symbols on it and will turn a die into that symbol instead of having to roll).

The rest of the game is mostly wandering the map, completing quests for sweet loot and stat increases, claiming settlements for income, exploring dungeons, using terrain to your advantage, fighting other players/kingsguard/monsters, and eventually making an attempt on the king or trying to protect him if you're the prestige leader.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pignog said:

I've been trying to place it in terms of board games since I got it last year. I haven't played Mage Knight but from what I've seen Armello borrows from it at least a bit. Here's a quick run-down:

There is a randomly generated hex-based map with 4 players (either human or AI) beginning at each corner. In the center of the map is a castle with the king and some Kingsguard. The basic plot is this king is slowly dying of "rot" and the major animal clans are fighting over who's going to be the next king. You can win in a few different ways: 1) collecting the most prestige and become the most popufur, 2) collecting all the dragon balls and banishing the king to hell, 3) kicking in the door to the castle and murdering the king, declaring yourself successor, or 4) becoming corrupted by rot yourself, kicking in the door and murdering the king, then declaring yourself hell king I guess.

There's a mix of cards and dice used in the game and it works really well. If I want a game where there's no random chance I usually play chess. Right now there are 12 playable characters (16 if you were a backer and these backer-only ones are allegedly being released at some point) and each character has a different set of stats (Fight, Body, Spirit, Wits) as well as a special ability. Before the game starts you can also customize them with a ring and amulet to boost them in different ways.

In game, you draw a hand from 3 card decks (trickery, magic, items), the size of which is based on your Wits stat. Trickery allows you to lay traps and mess with other players, magic cards are self-explanatory and based on your Spirit stat, and items are usually either consumable one-use things or equipable stuff like armour and weapons. When you get into a fight you roll dice (the number can be influenced by a lot of variables) that will show different symbols (sword, shield, moon, sun, tree, rot). A sword is a hit, a shield is a parry, a sun is a hit during day, a moon is a hit during night, a tree is a hit + extra die if you're uncorrupted, a rot is a hit + extra die if you're corrupted. Here you can affect how much random chance actually affects the outcome by burning cards in your hand (each card has one of these symbols on it and will turn a die into that symbol instead of having to roll).

The rest of the game is mostly wandering the map, claiming settlements for income, exploring dungeons, using terrain to your advantage, fighting other players/kingsguard/monsters, and eventually making an attempt on the king or trying to protect him if you're the prestige leader.

It does actually sound quite a lot like Mage Knight (Almost every aspect you mentioned except for the dice, actually, even the day/night cycle and random hex-map), which is a good thing, as it is one of my favorite board games. It also sounds like it manages the dice randomness well with modifies, which is good, as I find many board games suffer from high levels of randomness because of poorly implemented dice mechanics.

I will probably be getting it then, especially since it seems like there are quite a few people to play it with here...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Osrik said:

It does actually sound quite a lot like Mage Knight (Almost every aspect you mentioned except for the dice, actually, even the day/night cycle and random hex-map), which is a good thing, as it is one of my favorite board games. It also sounds like it manages the dice randomness well with modifies, which is good, as I find many board games suffer from high levels of randomness because of poorly implemented dice mechanics.

I will probably be getting it then, especially since it seems like there are quite a few people to play it with here...

I'd play it with you. If you queue up for a public multiplayer game you can get a chest or a key at the end. You unlock chests with keys to get special die. It's a neat way to give a sense of progression in a game that otherwise has no progression between games. You can actually queue up with 1 or 2 friends, fill the rest of the slots with people you don't know and still get a chest or key at the end.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...