Obsessions through dreams?

Jerry

Annoying. It happened again last night.

That damn instrument keeps coming back in my dreams

model-d.png

Not every night, but easily once a month. There's a piano in the place I happen to be. I want to play things on it. And I usually do.

Did this kind of thing ever happen to you? Ever found a message or meaning through it?

On 8/2/2016 at 9:48 PM, Jerry said:

Annoying. It happened again last night.

That damn instrument keeps coming back in my dreams

model-d.png

Not every night, but easily once a month. There's a piano in the place I happen to be. I want to play things on it. And I usually do.

Did this kind of thing ever happen to you? Ever found a message or meaning through it?

You might be slipping into madness.

giphy.gif

I don't dream often, but when I do it makes no fucking sense.

The last dream I had, I was Junkrat killing a Reinhardt and another Junkrat.

• Like 1

My dreams tend to be about things that are bothering me or worrying me at that time.

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I went for a run on the moors close to where I live and my flatmate from last year (who was a complete jerk) was there and asked what the fuck I was doing there, to which I said I lived there, and we had a big fight and tried to kill each other basically. It makes me wonder why I have to dream about the things that are on my mind in a bad way, and never the things that are on my mind in a good way.

nope, my dreams are just your standard jumbles of random bullshit mixed with vague interpretations of boring everyday life, with the usual recurring nightmare elements thrown in.  ye olde crumbling teeth, living with mom again, realizing you've missed months' worth of class but you can't find the classroom because the school is a maze, something spooky is coming up behind you and you can't move, etc etc
  i have the same old recurring stereotypical dream things so often, they don't even bother me in the dream.  they're just normal experiences that i recognize as things that happen all the time.    all the more reason to wish sleep wasn't necessary imo. 

the closest my dreams have ever come to meaning anything is the one or two times i dreamed about doing a thing that i was anxious over irl, which in turn helped me not feel so anxious about it after i woke up. 

I occasionally have dreams about murdering people and thinking through it all that it's real. So I am trapped, believing that my life is over as I feel this soul crushing regret. I've had this kind of nightmare a couple of times now and can't make any sense of 'em

I often had dreams of me going back to school and being with friends whom I haven't seen in years. These were consistent dreams, about 2 - 3 per week. School was always on my mind because I've been wanting to go back for years now, so it's no surprise that's what I'd dream about.

Dreams have been a bit empty lately, though I'll occasionally have dreams of traveling.... which I also kinda obsess over. "Getting away," so to speak.

My dreams usually don't directly relate to anything happening to me, though they often follow a narrative plot rather instead of being largely random (though often the plot only really makes since within the dream).

Also weird or surreal architecture is a staple of almost all of my dreams, though i don't really know why.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

My dreams recently have either been nonsensical and unpredicatable or involve my body falling apart while I look in the mirror. Latest nightmare was teeth falling out of my mouth

apparently, teeth falling out is super common in people's dreams. not mine though
also i've never seen a mirror in my dreams before

I have a publishing house looking at a novel of mine (they requested to see the full thing) and it's been six weeks. At least once a week I have some kind of dream about it, and it's driving me fucking batshit. Have to wait at least two more weeks before I can ask how things are on their end.

The wait is killing me D:

The last dream I remember was about Hagrid going Rambo on Lucius Malfoy from inside a toilet cubicle

It does clearly reflect my horribly geeky obsession with things. I know too much about Star Wars for my own good

My head is leaking

4 hours ago, Gnarl said:

Well, keep your fingers crossed! The longer it takes the more likely it is!

Hope so. Granted, the six month wait from Penguin only to be met with rejection stung pretty bad, especially since they published Armada that same year.

But yeah. Technically no news is good news since news is almost always a "go away please" in this business.