charlotte riots

Gator

So, I'm struggling to get this one.

A black person, who was probably in the process of committing a crime, was shot by a black officer, in a black community, which lead to a riot by black people, in which a black person shot another black person.

And it's white people's fault?

• Like 3

Just now, Glowing Glass said:

Somewhere in the world

To someone

Thats their fetish.

Well it's not mine.

54 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I like how you think she's the only good one in this thread because she's the only person here who's opinion lines up with your own personal ones.

That's because some people are right and some people are wrong.

Just now, #00Buck said:

Take your sick trash to your disgusting red lantern you perv.

I'm far too pure and virtuous to talk to someone like you.

You need to change your ways and repent for your sins. 

You're in a furry community

Thats all the sin you need to say fuck God

Your connection with Jesus has been lost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cingal said:

So, I'm struggling to get this one.

A black person, who was probably in the process of committing a crime, was shot by a black officer, in a black community, which lead to a riot by black people, in which a black person shot another black person.

And it's white people's fault?

A disabled black man who was sitting under a tree reading a book while waiting for his kid to get off the bus was approached by multiple undercover cops. There was a conversation. One of them shouted "he's got a gun" and he was shot

You're looking at a riot inspired by the extrajudicial killing of an unarmed black man. Just because they're saying "black lives matter" doesn't mean the intended target of anger over every dead black person is white ppl. There are black people who have been killed by police officers of every race, even fellow black ppl. That doesn't make police violence and extra-judiciary killing any less endemic

idk I feel like framing this as "ugh and they blame white ppl for it" is derailing in a way that misconstrues the situation

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toboe said:

No. The opinion that Pineapple on Pizza is anything but a disgrace is obviously wrong!

You're literally asking me to come to your house irl and slap you with that statement.

You can insult me, my friends, and my pet dog

but when you insult a pineapple pizza

thats when you've gone too far.

• Like 4

I have heard literally three wildly different stories across about 7-8 articles.

• A) He was disabled and under a tree reading a book when several officers approached and shot him for no reason
  • B) He was in his car waiting for his kid to come out of school and when asked to step out of the vehicle he held a gun to the (lone) officer while the officer demanded several times for him to drop the weapon after which he was shot when he didn't comply
  • C) Same as B but he had his back turned to the officer with his gun at his side and was explaining his situation then was shot.

Which. Fucking. One. Is it? 
I am not even looking to argue, play any blame game, whatever because either way I don't really think lethal force was necessary (maybe shooting him in the leg if something like B is true). But seriously, this one is absolutely all over the place more than any other case like this. Someone confirm what's what for me.

I need to know, my kids are crying.

• Like 4

On September 23, 2016 at 0:10 AM, Victor-933 said:

except maybe in that hippie shithole austin

Or Houston, one of those two. I'm rather confident that a BLM riot won't happen in my town because it's mostly white and Hispanic and there isn't a big crime rate either.

The news reported a gun found at the scene of the crime with the man's fingerprints on it. According to police there was no book.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/24/us/charlotte-keith-scott-shooting-video.html

It also notes that the man in question has a criminal history, charges include aggravated assault and carrying a concealed weapon. 

Regardless of whatever the case is. There is no justification for the rioting going on. People rioted before all the facts were out, people rioted to rob stores. They ignored repeated calls from community leaders to end the violence and one of the protesters even fatally shot another protester. This isn't the black community coming together to protest violence this is groups of thugs running around looking for opportunities to steal/destroy shit and hurt people.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

From the look of it he was in his car and the police thought he had a gun. Whether he did or not remains to be seen.

I fucking love how indignant she gets. Not anything dramatic or grief-stricken like collapsing to the ground in an incoherent screaming wreck, no, just..

"DID YOU FUCKING SHOOT HIM? HE BETTER NOT BE DEAD, I KNOW THAT MUCH." You can literally hear the sassy head-sway.

• Like 1

remember guys, there's very few absolutes in this world.

not all cops are smart. but not all are dumb either.
the news isn't always accurate, but it's not always far off.
democrats aren't wrong all the time, and neither are republicans.
not all people of any race are delinquents, but not all are that smart either.
not all summers are sunny, not all winters are snowy. 

all hangs in the balance, and all will come to even.

In other words, stay at home, live your lives, don't play with guns.

2 hours ago, XoPachi said:

I have heard literally three wildly different stories across about 7-8 articles.

• A) He was disabled and under a tree reading a book when several officers approached and shot him for no reason
  • B) He was in his car waiting for his kid to come out of school and when asked to step out of the vehicle he held a gun to the (lone) officer while the officer demanded several times for him to drop the weapon after which he was shot when he didn't comply
  • C) Same as B but he had his back turned to the officer with his gun at his side and was explaining his situation then was shot.

Which. Fucking. One. Is it? 
I am not even looking to argue, play any blame game, whatever because either way I don't really think lethal force was necessary (maybe shooting him in the leg if something like B is true). But seriously, this one is absolutely all over the place more than any other case like this. Someone confirm what's what for me.

I need to know, my kids are crying.

I've even heard some reports say he was tased before being shot.

so from what I've read, sources are pretty consistent that he was sitting in his car and the police were on their way to serve a warrant to someone else. they saw Scott and engaged him. they thought he had a weapon of some sort after several demands to drop said weapon, which he did not comply with, so he was shot several times

the things that aren't very consistent are whether he had a book or a gun, and if he was holding a weapon, if he was pointing it at police

also this: http://ijr.com/2016/09/699825-one-major-question-after-watching-the-keith-lamont-scott-video-wheres-the-gun/

it obviously shows the crime scene photo as well as the video of the crime scene, jysk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

From the look of it he was in his car and the police thought he had a gun. Whether he did or not remains to be seen.

I'm confused about what she's talking about when she keeps saying "Keith don't do it! Keith don't you do it!" right before they shoot him. Don't let them break the windows? Don't drop the weapon/book? Don't be intimidating? Don't shoot?

I feel like a butthead for laughing when she said "amber lamps"

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

What if somebody holds the opinion that there is? :V

As long as it's not stated as fact? :P

8 hours ago, GarthTheWereWolf said:

But... But...

He was sitting under a tree peacefully reading a book when they came up and shot him for no reason.

That's why they looted and burned the city. 

Right?

• Like 7