Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

They call themselves otherkin.

Religion and spirituality go hand in hand but are still very different. Last I checked the Otherkin belief system revolves more around the ladder but incorporates religious elements. Still heavily based on spirituality though, not actually a religion. 

Here you go, educate yourself: http://www.wrs.vcu.edu/profiles/Otherkin.htm

40 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Why does it feel like atheists that respect others' beliefs seem so far and few? Atheism as a whole is full of neckbeards that get off to bashing people's religions. Atheists make me more ashamed to not believe than any religious person can.

I think it sort of comes with the package. A lot of us view theists as sheep unwilling to challenge the religion to which they are subscribed to, regardless of how much it's explained how illogical the aspects of their beliefs are. It's also quite frustrating to see how deep seated religious brainwashing has embedded itself into society and how much it has held us back. So there's some sense of righteous superiority among atheists. Which is what causes a lot of them to hurt our cause by being dicks instead of engaging in civil debates.

4 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Why does it feel like atheists that respect others' beliefs seem so far and few? Atheism as a whole is full of neckbeards that get off to bashing people's religions. Atheists make me more ashamed to not believe than any religious person can.

As always, it is easiest to notice the loudest people in a quiet room.

I've personally never taken issue with religion so long as I'm not told what to do, and I support religious friends with whatever they need up to that point. There's even a Jehovah's Witness that I know - a friend - that I am quite worried about getting disfellowshiped with some of the stuff he does. That mess is not good for anybody.

Now that I think about it, avoiding any 'bashing' and just being a decent friend has probably made more religious individuals agree with me on more issues than any argument ever has. Arguing with somebody over what they feel may be a threat to their life is only rarely going to change their position in an instant.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Bazillions of people are atheists nowadays. It's just difficult to tell because the resounding majority don't say shit about it

I don't believe in a God but I've never said so before on here

• Like 1

Just now, Gator said:

why people are whining about being required to show ID when voting. 

The argument (and by that I mean this isn't necessarily my opinion) is that it's a means of combating an issue that doesn't really exist in an attempt to prevent historically left-leaning demographics (ie. poor people, minorities, etc.) from voting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

The argument (and by that I mean this isn't necessarily my opinion) is that it's a means of combating an issue that doesn't really exist in an attempt to prevent historically left-leaning demographics (ie. poor people, minorities, etc.) from voting.

so i've heard, except that it's literally free (at least here in NC, i dunno about other states) to get a voter ID if you don't already have a photo ID.  and a non-driver photo ID is 13$, a fee which can also be waived if you're disabled, elderly, or homeless.

awful fishy, democrats.

I learned about "sparkle dogs" last night.

I only learned about "knotting" a few weeks ago.

There's so much to this fandom. Always something new around the next corner.

On May 16, 2016 at 8:55 AM, LazerMaster5 said:

I never shat in the woods, but I did urinate on the side of a building in downtown Cleveland once.

Did it steam?

On May 16, 2016 at 8:21 AM, root said:

I don't think I can recall ever pooping in the woods.

I took a shit in a graveyard once. 

1 hour ago, Gator said:

so i've heard, except that it's literally free (at least here in NC, i dunno about other states) to get a voter ID if you don't already have a photo ID.  and a non-driver photo ID is 13$, a fee which can also be waived if you're disabled, elderly, or homeless.

awful fishy, democrats.

Considering the fact that I think there were only like 1 or 2 reported cases of ID fraud in the US every electoral cycle, I think it's a dumb thing to give a shit about all around.

Although considering the only people pushing for such laws are all republicans, the dems may have a point for once.

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

I learned about "sparkle dogs" last night.

I only learned about "knotting" a few weeks ago.

There's so much to this fandom. Always something new around the next corner.

Considering the amount of "knot" jokes the go around this fandom, I'm surprised it took this long tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

My wildly conflicting views on drug use and why bringing up the topic makes me feel awful

I'm not an advocate for it, but I won't judge you as long as you don't rub it in my face

And I'd legalise it only for a business and economic perspective.

Legalize gay weed.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Why the thing I lost for ages turned out to be in my locker the entire time when I assumed it was lost

One time I found my old pair of earbuds literally minutes after I got home from buying new ones.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

How so many people at my office could have grown up without a dishwasher and/or still don't have one in this day and age.

I never had a dishwasher until this apartment, that I got when I was like 26.

It's just usually not an imperative expense when you can, you know, wash stuff by hand.
Which you have to do to some extent even with a dishwasher, anyway.