Rant: Cancer

Rukh Whitefang

Ive lost so many people to this horrible disease over the years. Friends, grandparents, friends family members. And now its finally touched home. Yesterday mid morning my father died in my arms from cancer. I cannot begin to properly articulate the pain and grief that I and my family are going through, and I am certain that I myself haven't fully processed that he is actually gone. I won't go into details on his passing, I'll just say it wasn't peaceful nor pain free.

So now begins a new journey for myself and my family, a new path that nobody wanted to walk down. So many questions, some may never be answered. Now its just one step at a time, one day at a time.

Edit: I'm not writing this looking for a false sense of comfort or sympathy. Writing this I guess is a way for me to process what has happened as I don't even know how to explain my thoughts or emotions.

• Like 1

I couldn't possibly understand what it's like to lose your father that way, but I know the pain of watching a loved one suffer and losing them to cancer, and it is pretty damn awful. You have my condolences, and if you need somebody or talk to or vent to I am only a PM away.

I lost my grandmother and aunt to this disease, with my grandmother she survived 3 separate bouts of cancer and then the fourth one claimed her, she fought so hard to keep going that she even managed to hold on to say goodbye to all her family, it wasn't until the last family member from Canada to arrive did she finally just pass, thankfully it was peacefully.

Same can't be said for my Aunt though, one minute she was fine and the next she was in severe pain and then 2 weeks later, just...gone.

My condolences for your loss.

May your dad be in a better place now and at peace.

Yeah, today was hard. Went back over to the parents house tonight and walked into the living room wondering why my dad wasn't sitting in his chair. Then I remembered. Family and I were talking about where to go to eat in between visitation hours later this week and it started with us talking about the usual places my dad did or didn't like. It took us all a moment to remember that he wouldn't be eating with us. I am glad that for the most part people are letting my family and I grieve in peace. Now its just having to go back to work and dealing with all that...