So Long Pants!

DrGravitas

The 'big news' has come down from The Company: effective immediately, casual Friday is now the dress code for everyday! No more dress pants, I get to wear jeans everyday! No more tie, either (might kinda miss that.)

As much as I do enjoy dressing up all fancy and nice, it can get to be a bit if a pain and cost (those pants don't last as long as jeans) so it'll be a nice change of pace. Hrm... my nice winter coat is going to look a bit awkward now...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Saxon said:

What about fursuit fridays?

Hmm! Well, logically we do need some new special Friday attire!

I suggested tracksuit Friday (coworkers like to joke about me being an 'eastern european mobster' because of my trip to Latvia xD )

Ah, if only I worked from home!

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

At first I thought this thread was going to be about sitting around and/or foing to work in your underwear

Edited by DrGravitas
Mobile merge quote divider

Just now, DrGravitas said:

Hmm! Well, logically we do need some new special Friday attire!

I suggested tracksuit Friday (coworkers like to joke about me being an 'eastern european mobster' because of my trip to Latvia xD )

Tracksuits? Fursuits?

CwnNR7DW8AAokII.jpg

Why not both?

(This is a furry called sammy stowes)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Conker said:

Going from dress code to no dress code truly is magical. Band tshirts all day every day!

I dress like a teenager :(

Hehe, they haven't released the complete details yet but we're betting they're still not allowing T-shirts (even though so many people get away with band T-Shirts on Fridays already.) I'm so confident they won't that allow T-Shirts that I'd put up a bet and if I were wrong, then I'd go to work in that Fur Reality souvenir shirt I have hidden away in the back of my closet :P

It'll be a while until the release the details, though, probably. It took them 3 days to put out this email and in the intermittent time, they still didn't put together the actual code (despite having a formal casual Friday code already specified). I guess they were too busy making up the hype emails :V

When I saw this, I figured Gravitas had up and joined a nudist colony.

Well, that is a nice improvement, though...luckily, we can wear pretty much whatever at the library, which is nice. I'm not good at wearing dress clothes and ties. In fact, I don;t even own a tie or dress pants, or a suit...have not had to go to a wedding or funeral in a while, but I have thought maybe I should get some dressy clothes, for job interviews, and in case somebody dies, or something. I mean, the dead person will not know what I'm wearing, but the others at the funeral would look at me funny.

• Like 2

This reminds of my last office job. It was business casual, but everyone pretty much wore whatever they wanted. One person honestly asked if they could take off their pants while they worked! Good times.

I occasionally liked to dress up and wear a tie. I kinda miss that. There's not much of a dress code working at a factory, as long as nothing is a safety hazard they don't care what we look like.

• Like 1

Man, I can't wait until I get a cool job involving welding. Jeans would be almost a requirement, and I would never have to dress up because I would get dirty anyway.

Until then, my theater job requires black dress pants and a blue polo with the company logo on it.

I guess you could say jeans are the working man's dress pants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In call centers where I used to work, dress codes truly suck because the customers you interact with won't see you anyway

The manager excused the dress code with

"The CEO might pay a surprise visit and I want you to look good"

The CEO never came during my time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snagged Cub said:

In call centers where I used to work, dress codes truly suck because the customers you interact with won't see you anyway

The manager excused the dress code with

"The CEO might pay a surprise visit and I want you to look good"

The CEO never came during my time

Yeah, our company was all about "gotta dress nice in case we bring a prospective client through." Nevermind that our project's in a restricted area and would never have a tour group, can anyone honestly say there's anything more suspicious than trying to pass off a well-dressed man as a good programmer? :V

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

BRING IN THE KILTS

Oddly enough, my coworkers have debated whether HR would allow kilts, in the past. The inevitable conclusion was 'probably, but only if your Scottish' afterwhich the conversation inevitably turned towards whether HR was justified in enforcing cultural norms, and later gender norms.

It will be perfect after-holiday entertainment to bring the kilt-topic up again now that the policy has changed :3

29 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

Oddly enough, my coworkers have debated whether HR would allow kilts, in the past. The inevitable conclusion was 'probably, but only if your Scottish' afterwhich the conversation inevitably turned towards whether HR was justified in enforcing cultural norms, and later gender norms.

It will be perfect after-holiday entertainment to bring the kilt-topic up again now that the policy has changed :3

Do it. Also, highland dresses, i think should be counted as suits anyway.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 5:38 PM, DrGravitas said:

Yeah, our company was all about "gotta dress nice in case we bring a prospective client through." Nevermind that our project's in a restricted area and would never have a tour group, can anyone honestly say there's anything more suspicious than trying to pass off a well-dressed man as a good programmer? :V

PROGRAMMER'S TOOLKIT: PICK 2 OF 3

1. Talent for coding (something not resembling pasta)

2. The ability or will to dress professionally

3. Social skills/snarky "humor" ("I'm a really funny guy!")

• Like 1