Warning discussion

Ayattar

If you can't deal with people being straightforward and honest, it's your problem. Congratulations on living in a mendacious world. I'm sorry that you can't deal with people having different opinions than yours, especially since they're doing nothing else than annunciating them. Because so far, apart from this topic I haven't engaged in a single discussion here. Doing just that - annunciating. In most of the cases being asked.

For those few people who I like here and who like me. What, you wanted a hugbox? Sorry, it's not a couch, I'm not getting paid for it.

Also, I'd like you to stop derailing the thread. Because, you know, it's against the rules.

I think we've made it clear that we don't like you.

So, just to be clear here;  You believe that you have been wronged because a mod shut down your dick pic thread?

You see, that was a thread made purely for shits and giggles, in the section of the forum which was designed especially for it. And strangely the first poster caught on it, posting excellent content.But I understand your agitation. After all it was your topic, together with flavoured fursonas and glowing genitalias, which gave me an inspiration. Although, my topic wasn't intended to troll yours.

And about the picture of the dick itself. It's another thing connected with interpretation. As for the mod it was NSFW but for me, and several other people, it was fully kosher. And no, it wasn't about the picture of the dick itself. It was about arbitrarity of the moderators willing to swing warnings here and there, on an absolutely harmless content. First case (art thread) being the perfect example, of the moderator issuing a warning for a post saying nothing else than "I'm done".

And I don't like you too. Your point?

[things]

I think I'm not a native speaker and that in vocabulary I'm using it's the closest to local counterpart, being a synonyme of "informing", still having slightly different meaning.

Edited by Ayattar

You see, that was a thread made purely for shits and giggles, in the section of the forum which was designed especially for it. And strangely the first poster caught on it, posting excellent content.But I understand your agitation. After all it was your topic, together with flavoured fursonas and glowing genitalias, which gave me an inspiration. Although, my topic wasn't intended to troll yours.

And about the picture of the dick itself. It's another thing connected with interpretation. As for the mod it was NSFW but for me, and several other people, it was fully kosher. And no, it wasn't about the picture of the dick itself. It was about arbitrarity of the moderators willing to swing warnings here and there, on an absolutely harmless content. First instance being perfect example, of the moderator issuing a warning for a post saying nothing else than "I'm done".

And I don't like you too. Your point?

I think I'm not a native speaker and that in vocabulary I'm using it's the closest to local counterpart, being a synonyme of "informing", still having slightly different meaning.

You are fucking retarded

This is getting serious! 

I'm gonna be 100% honest. I think you're cool. I'd like to KEEP thinking you're cool. But you need to cut these uncalled for frankly no-content attacks like this and telling Toshabi to shut the fuck up because he's expressing a grievance. You're only adding oil to the fire. You would get distressed when we were shitposting on FAF, but you're attacking others for having a discussion albeit heated one.

I'm not trying to get in your face, but relax and consider what you're saying before you hit enter. Please?

• Like 3

This is getting serious! 

I'm gonna be 100% honest. I think you're cool. I'd like to KEEP thinking you're cool. But you need to cut these uncalled for frankly no-content attacks like this and telling Toshabi to shut the fuck up because he's expressing a grievance. You're only adding oil to the fire. You would get distressed when we were shitposting on FAF, but you're attacking others for having a discussion albeit heated one.

I'm not trying to get in your face, but relax and consider what you're saying before you hit enter. Please?

I'm trying. It's just that OP is being super stupid and all this drama is pissing me off. Posting a pic of your dick on a forum with users under the age of 18 on it is not completely harmless. He SHOULD have been banned.

I'm trying. It's just that OP is being super stupid and all this drama is pissing me off. Posting a pic of your dick on a forum with users under the age of 18 on it is not completely harmless. He SHOULD have been banned.

To be fair, it was a drawing. And while the drama may be pissing you off, approaching it calmly to diffuse the situation works better than to start hurling expletives. Basically, what Pachi said but better. 

Maybe take a step back, go get some tea, coffee or another drink to your choice and then post? It can help to take a breather.

Edited by Ansitru

According to european standards it is, especially if the penis is stylised and largely censored, hardly even resembling real one. To back it, I even posted a video for children from Sweden. Also, by the time I was posting it, there were no rules on the forum. And as I said before, lex retro non agit.

And if you have a problem with this topic, you're free to walk away. I don't remember inviting you here, and, as you said it yourself, by being here you're only inflicting a damage upon yourself. It isn't very bright isn't it?

Edited by Ayattar

According to european standards it is, especially if the penis is stylised and largely censored, hardly even resembling real one. To back it, I even posted a video for children from Sweden. Also, by the time I was posting it, there were no rules on the forum. And as I said before, lex retro non agit.

And if you have a problem with this topic, you're free to walk away. I don't remember inviting you here, and, as you said it yourself, by being here you're only inflicting a damage upon yourself. It isn't very bright isn't it?

These forums don't follow European standards, now, do they? We have our own set of rules and you are expected to follow them.

These forums don't follow European standards, now, do they? We have our own set of rules and you are expected to follow them.

Untill 2 hours ago they were following no rules.

And since the domain is .org, we could expect, that they're following international rules, as the community is international.

I posted an ASCII penis in a black hole thread won't someone think of the children???

Exactly. And at the same time discussions about glowing dicks and other private parts as well as vore-themed discussion about flavoured fursonas is allowed. Way to go, moderators. Or even a pseudo-RPing topic with very... strong sexual remarks.

I can't tell if you're trolling or actually this stupid...

Why would I be trolling?

Org, net, and com aren't indicating any specific country, for your information. And informations indicating otherwise are not provided. Even staff is international. Also, please be respectfull towards other users... We wouldn't want to see you banned, by a chance.

Am I in a thread where the original complaint is "Why cant I post dick pics"?

Goddamn this fucking forum is magical.

Correction: You are in a thread where a furry feels that he is being oppressed by a draconian administration because he can't post dick pics and that he is disappointed that the other furries are not circling around to pat his butt until he feels better.

Ayatar has literally become every dumbass furfag ever.

Am I in a thread where the original complaint is "Why cant I post dick pics"?

why CANT i post dick pics

I didn't spend months in the trenches at FA fighting Dragoneer for freedom to come home and be told I can't post my goddamn dick where I want to

its unconstitutional

• Like 3

frankly if I'm to worry myself with posting about the subject matter at all

I think this whole situation was exacerbated by the previous history of the users involved on a previous forum. I think a moderator or admin specific to this new entity with not much history with the old FAFers should defuse the issue. 

All I know is that if I were a moderator that existed prior to this forum and my status was carried over, I'd have no trouble removing a number of problematic posters that were previously punished on FAF. We need a fresh perspective to deal with any issues justly.

Edited by hectichusky
formatting!
  • Like 3

Quite otherwise. I have great fun seeing you running and barking around, at the same being unable to reason with any of the given arguments, lex retro non agit being the most important. Especially since, as I stated before, 2 hours ago there were no rules posted, just as there were no indicators pointing towards any substitute of rules, neither even PEGI indicator visible anywhere.

Neither any of you (well, excuse me, actually few of you did) have grasped my real issue here, issue which is having nothing in common with dicks per se, but rather about with how it was handled by the moderators. But what else could I expect from you?

Neither any of you (well, excuse me, actually few of you did) have grasped my real issue here, issue which is having nothing in common with dicks per se, but rather about with how it was handled by the moderators. But what else could I expect from you?

It seems no one actually takes issue with how it was handled.  You posted dicks, you got punished, stop feigning horror at the situation.

Quite otherwise. I have great fun seeing you running and barking around, at the same being unable to reason with any of the given arguments, lex retro non agit being the most important. Especially since, as I stated before, 2 hours ago there were no rules posted, just as there were no indicators pointing towards any substitute of rules, neither even PEGI indicator visible anywhere.

I -personally- feel you were dealt with appropriately in the case of the dick pic. But I fully understand you're point. 

Kalmor, you are most definitely heavy handed when modding, Ayattar's recent posts notwithstanding. I have honestly never seen a mod even on Weasyl give as many infractions, thread deletions, and post deletions, as you have. Not even the super strict mods like Arshes, Corto, or Term. It's genuinely ridiculous. I'm not salty about any disciplinary action you have taken on me either because frankly I'm a good boy so it's rare. It just gets tiring to see you stomping around over fairly trivial "offenses" because Da Rules is all.

• Like 2

While I obviously disagree with your interpretation of these events, I agree that the subject which should be discussed is whether I was right or wrong (and if wrong, why) in how this specific incident was handled.

Most of the thread was instead spent by yourself in a tangent with another mod on another set of issues.

• Like 4

While I obviously disagree with your interpretation of these events, I agree that the subject which should be discussed is whether I was right or wrong (and if wrong, why) in how this specific incident was handled.

Most of the thread was instead spent by yourself in a tangent with another mod on another set of issues.

Well, what can I say, sorry for that. I lost my nerve after what Kalmor said in his first post, so the discussion derailed.

Still, even if you decide to ignore those issues, I'd like to see the pillory thread one day.

Edited by Ayattar

I -personally- feel you were dealt with appropriately in the case of the dick pic. But I fully understand you're point. 

Kalmor, you are most definitely heavy handed when modding, Ayattar's recent posts notwithstanding. I have honestly never seen a mod even on Weasyl give as many infractions, thread deletions, and post deletions, as you have. Not even the super strict mods like Arshes, Corto, or Term. It's genuinely ridiculous. I'm not salty about any disciplinary action you have taken on me either because frankly I'm a good boy so it's rare. It just gets tiring to see you stomping around over fairly trivial "offenses" because Da Rules is all.

On FAF I basically had the reports subforum open constantly on a tab while I was browsing other stuff, stopping to refresh it every once in a while. It usually meant I was one of the first people to see a report and hence act on it (if the report was super obvious and didn't need discussing with another mod). That may be what you're seeing. 

Here on IPB, the reports come in at pretty much real time via the notifications system.

Edited by Kalmor

Maybe I'm missing something, but OP, you're complaining about being warned about something because the rules weren't posted? Just because the rules aren't readily available doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want.

But as far as Kalmor or any of the mods are concerned, I pretty much deserved everything I got on FAF, I have a short temper but that doesn't mean I can throw insults around.

Maybe I'm missing something, but OP, you're complaining about being warned about something because the rules weren't posted? Just because the rules aren't readily available doesn't mean you can do whatever the hell you want.

But as far as Kalmor or any of the mods are concerned, I pretty much deserved everything I got on FAF, I have a short temper but that doesn't mean I can throw insults around.

You cannot break rules that do not exists so yes he can complain. 

• Like 1

Out of 12 warnings I recieved on FAF, 6 were questionable and 2 were plainly retarded.

There's a little human resources trick us Sr. management types like to use. Its called "using past performance as a predictor of future potential."  And it works for forum admins and related forum staff as equally well as for recruiting managers.

So by your own admission, a minimum of 4 and possibly as many as 10 warnings were warranted and defensible.  That's a rather damning resume.

I'm not suggesting that anyone be blackballed, the past is the past. Yet I appreciate that a mod team with more experience with your forum antics than I (and I've modded some rather large forums) , may have moved expeditiously to nip something in the bud; based on previous demonstrated behaviors. 

Rather than just stamping feet and gnashing teeth, what positive constructive criticism or solution do you propose to remedy the perceived gap?  Hint: moderation is a one-size fits all compromise, lest it devolve into special cases, exceptions to the rule and allegations of favoritism.  Its best to employ the KISS method.

• Like 4

Y'know... If anything you guys going on about "Technically there were no rules yet" are the ones reminding me of FA staff going "Well techically we did not send a DMCA". Rules were implied and are now explicitly posted. 

Get used to them, I suppose?

• Like 4

Still, even if you decide to ignore those issues, I'd like to see the pillory thread one day.

Would you believe me if I said I will not ignore those issues if they're well-argued, and by anyone, not just yourself?

I don't know how soon precisely we will propose a new set of rules, but it will be soon.  It's among the many things we're trying to get done to establish our identity and shed ourselves of specific affiliation of or dependence on FA.

Regarding the past, we existed for a long enough stretch of time at this current spot with rules posted that we could reasonably expect them to be understood well enough to be presumed still in effect when neither they nor a formal placeholder are posted in the current database.

Y'know... If anything you guys going on about "Technically there were no rules yet" are the ones reminding me of FA staff going "Well techically we did not send a DMCA". Rules were implied and are now explicitly posted. 

get used to a dick in yer ass ya checkyy cunt

Thank you, explained it better than I ever could. Rules are implied. This is not an anarchist forum.