Stuff that's edgy but damn good

Tsuujou

Edge factor gets shit on a lot, but it's a style none the less and I think like most styles, there's something within that's very likeable. We all know something that's turbo edgy as fuck, but is actually cool as shit regardless. Here's some stuff I like a lot.

Spawn

Reaper

reaper-screenshot-005.jpg

Disturbed

• Like 3

The comic series Kill or Be Killed. It walks the line as far as edgy goes, and when the whole story is all said and done, it might very well not be edgy in retrospect, but right now it kinda is.

Wonderful so far though. Def worth checking out if you like comics. About a college kid who tries to kill himself, fails, and is told by the devil that second chances don't come cheap. He has to kill one person a month to stay alive.

On 2/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, Socketosis said:

Maddox - Unfortunately his stuff hasn't aged well. It just sounds like something you'd find from the typical edgy 4channer types when you read it these days. Some of it still gets me though, like this, this, and this.

I used to fiend on Maddox. His article on onions is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

• Like 1

Everything within the "emocore boy band" genre

Black veiled brides, pierce the veil, sleeping with sirens, mayday parade, bless the fall, Falling in reverse, etc.

I watched a music video for beartooth the other day

Hm...and I like the song, I think its catchy but cleeeearly its about discrimination in the gay community, I looked at an interview about it and yeah sure enough, the interview itself was very bland and didnt have any striking message, as with the song. TBH I think bands like this play on the pop culture of whats popular with kids these days and what will sell, not necessarilly something they actually feel strongly about. I mean this song screams "Yes I am an angsty teenager and this is how I feel"

So yes, all these bands suck. Theyre edgy teenage boybands that goth and emo chicks and dudes listen to to feel better about themselves not listeming to prep/pop music.

That said...do I still listen to them? Yes, I do. I like their instrumental sound and screamy, angsty rage, so hey.