What's This?

Wrecker

2 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

lol I STILL can't go on it.

I don't think FAF likes me anymore

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache for the site and connecting again?
It might be trying to redirect you with an old cookie.
Or the one who set up the forums has failed horribly at making the redirection rules work.

2 minutes ago, george99g said:

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache for the site and connecting again?
It might be trying to redirect you with an old cookie.
Or the one who set up the forums has failed horribly at making the redirection rules work.

Probably the latter, because the former had no effect.

15 minutes ago, willow said:

this is more like returning to the site of a warzone or a nuclear explosion. at least that's what it feels like

It is interesting to see the remnants of it, though.

I am bothered that certain threads and posts are gone, but random crap appears to still exist, like the "LOOKING FOR HOT SYLOX MACRO YIFF" thread.

Edited by MalletFace

Just now, MalletFace said:

It is interesting to see the remnants of it, though.

I am bothered that certain threads and posts are gone, but random crap appears to still exist, like the "LOOKING FOR HOT SYLOX MACRO YIFF" thread.

that one was obviously a treasure :v

Just now, axelthefox said:

Don't go there. fuck that site and what they did to me. I sure hope that forum shuts down for good for it.

I don't think anybody from FAF who has two brain cells to rub together is gonna go back to FAF, lol. I mostly just wanted to see if I could still log in for shits and giggles.

Just now, Saxon said:

I was busy undertaking a mapping project in Newfoundland for that entire duration. 

I was only there for part of it to be honest. mostly for the dissolution of the mod team and the night of 1000 shitposts, but I wasn't there when the forums were actually taken offline

1 minute ago, axelthefox said:

Don't go there. fuck that site and what they did to me. I sure hope that forum shuts down for good for it.

No one is seriously going back so don't worry. We're not goldfish, we remember what happened and why we're here. I thought of of going through memory lane and checking out random posts, but ultimately I think it's better for me to simply move on and forget about this...thing.

The FAF I knew and loved (or at least tolerated) is dead and I've long since accepted that. I mean there's a reason this place is called "Phoenixed" after all.

10 minutes ago, Saxon said:

I'm going back. I wanted to return as soon as it closed and I'm not going to be pressured into not doing so because of bitter melodrama. It's none of Axel's fucking business what I do, so he can keep his nose out of it. 

You're free to do whatever you wish, I mean like @malibu said it's not like you're forced to pick one or the other. However, regardless of how this new forum turns out I stayed for the community and ultimately that community is here. No drama or any other type of dumb bullshit changes that simple fact.

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

Oh God I remember that thread , I almost stumbled on the largest vore website because of it. I avoided it luckily.

Also I think I'm gonna sit back and see how long it takes for the new faf to become either a hugbox or the glorious piece of shitpost it was. Either way it'll be pretty entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Rukh Whitefang said:

Website won't load for me. Either I get a 502 error, continuous loop error, or it just loads indefinitely.

Same for me, it just loads forever in Firefox, but it works just fine in Chrome.  I tried clearing cookies and cache to no avail.

8 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Same for me, it just loads forever in Firefox, but it works just fine in Chrome.  I tried clearing cookies and cache to no avail.

Tried in MS Edge, site loads but then says cookies are not turned on yet they are on. Logged in using Chrome and lol still banned. Ahh the memories. Won't allow me to log out nor delete my old account.

Edited by Rukh Whitefang

I was never on FAF, but I went and made account for the fun of it. Maybe I'll annoy some folks or something. Honestly can't see myself hanging there much anyway; I've barely glanced at anything yet and I'm already filled with a sense of cringe and darkness. 

But, here's the thing I'm a little worried about... A big reason why people were coming here was because they were finding us while looking for FAF... Now that it's back, and will have much greater visibility due to the FA connection, will this forum be able to stay relevant? Will we get any new faces, or will it stagnate? Will people know why to come here? It might be time to start working out a fuller site identity than just "the old FAF"....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I was never on FAF, but I went and made account for the fun of it. Maybe I'll annoy some folks or something. Honestly can't see myself hanging there much anyway; I've barely glanced at anything yet and I'm already filled with a sense of cringe and darkness. 

But, here's the thing I'm a little worried about... A big reason why people were coming here was because they were finding us while looking for FAF... Now that it's back, and will have much greater visibility due to the FA connection, will this forum be able to stay relevant? Will we get any new faces, or will it stagnate? Will people know why to come here? It might be time to start working out a fuller site identity than just "the old FAF"....

That is really a concern. I'd suggest we make a FA group page and link the icon on our FA profile or something.

• Like 1

Still broken in Firefox, even after nuking FA cookies as well, but it loads in Internet Exploder.

6 minutes ago, Rukh Whitefang said:

Won't allow me to log out nor delete my old account.

I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed it up so bad they couldn't unban you if they tried.

• Like 1

Just now, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

That is really a concern. I'd suggest we make a FA group page and link the icon on our FA profile or something.

But I think the point is to try to separate ourselves from FA and find our own way to be relevant? But admittedly, I don't know what else we could do to get new users, considering our target demographic.

• Like 1

it's working fine for me and I use Firefox. my only problem is that it sometimes causes Flash to momentarily freeze or crash

3 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

honestly the only way we'd be able to move past the "old FAF" mentality is if we got people that were never really affiliated with FAF to begin with or we actually tried existing as a separate entity which is significantly harder since you know, we're not affiliated with any art site or community, and the main reason why most of us are here is because we wanted to keep the community and weren't sure if FAF would ever return

3 minutes ago, willow said:

it's working fine for me and I use Firefox. my only problem is that it sometimes causes Flash to momentarily freeze or crash

honestly the only way we'd be able to move past the "old FAF" mentality is if we got people that were never really affiliated with FAF to begin with or we actually tried existing as a separate entity which is significantly harder since you know, we're not affiliated with any art site or community, and the main reason why most of us are here is because we wanted to keep the community and weren't sure if FAF would ever return

I'd say this place is a haven for furs who're just fed up with all the shit. People will find their way here.

• Like 1