What's This?

Wrecker

2 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Somebody's been spamming FAF all day with ads for a fake ID service.

56e62b85cb90e_ScreenShot2016-03-13at10.0

So far he has 7 separate threads across several subforms. He has been posting these for 10 hours; a report was supposedly filed 5 hours ago. He is still posting.

56e62b7f4322e_ScreenShot2016-03-13at10.0

They have such great moderation

Time to move

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry, kickbanning spammers was a highlight of my FAF admin tenure.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry, kickbanning spammers was a highlight of my FAF admin tenure.

I remember them fondy...black magic bots, tantric sex bots from Bangladesh, gucci bots...

I even banned a horde of Bitcoin bots on FAF

• Like 2

I find it fitting that FAF2.0 is being infected by scams and spambots, when they willingly subjected their users to malware-laden, sketchy as fuck advertising on the mainsite.

Call it karma.

• Like 2

Even better, it's quarter to Noon Eastern on Monday as I write, and not one of the staffers who could do anything about it has even logged in since the wee hours of Friday morning.

Ever since coming back online, the entirety of staff has taken every weekend off from even checking up on the forums, let alone maintaining and moderating them.

Edit: Except for everyone's favorite admin who loves to "chase v rocket" and the curiously similar moderator-dragon, both of whom have their forum profiles set off-limits to all but friends despite being presumably transparent and importantly accessible members of staff.  Naturally, no one can tell if they've ever logged in, but moderator-dragon's zero counts across the board suggests not.

Edited by ArielMT

Capture 'em now, because I couldn't wait another 20 hours to say something.

BTW, I'm not exaggerating about the length of time.  Not to single anyone out, but this timestamp (time zone GMT) is the most recent of staff check-ins I could find.

faf-last-mod-checkin.png.c0705a5b7d52195

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

They fired me (and rightly so, just to be clear) for consistently going as long between check-ins as the entire staff has now gone: 83 hours and counting, still no mods.

are there like conventions goin' on or something...I mean even the mods of FAF visited the site rather off and on even when you guys went conventioning.

30 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

They fired me (and rightly so, just to be clear) for consistently going as long between check-ins as the entire staff has now gone: 83 hours and counting, still no mods.

Well you're not Faganeer's personal fuck buddy so you don't get any leniency. Maybe if you fucked more dogs that would have changed hmm?

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 3

Just now, Deskai said:

are there like conventions goin' on or something...I mean even the mods of FAF visited the site rather off and on even when you guys went conventioning.

I think there was one this past weekend, but I doubt every single staff member went to Texas Furry Fiesta..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deskai said:

I mostly checked FAF on my tablet when I could, and on my phone when I was doing nothing else. I think I also checked it between breaks of having sex too. 

I have no life. 

3 hours ago, BlitzCo said:

Oh hey I can sign in with my old account.

I'm assuming that all the people at the new FAF are a bunch of over sensitive, hug-boxers so I may go on a trolling spree there.

Oh

so many spambots 

A few people are, I wouldn't say all of them. I recognize a few people that left after making 1 thread, and made another thread an hour later  announcing their departure due to trolls, people not agreeing with them, or no one likes them.  

I find FAF having a new community with a few familiar faces somewhat refreshing, personally.

Its a shame the mods aren't as active as they need to be there though. Bots are annoying and for some reason REALLY like to target FAF. I wonder how long it'll be before this place starts getting bots.

3 hours ago, ArielMT said:

>implying Dragoneer understands the concept of consistency

6 hours ago, ArielMT said:

Capture 'em now, because I couldn't wait another 20 hours to say something.

BTW, I'm not exaggerating about the length of time.  Not to single anyone out, but this timestamp (time zone GMT) is the most recent of staff check-ins I could find.

faf-last-mod-checkin.png.c0705a5b7d52195

Probably saw all of the bots and thought "nope" and never returned. I don't blame them. FAF is going to hugbox hell.

31 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I wonder how long it'll be before this place starts getting bots.

We're not noteworthy enough for the Chinese slave laborers who make these things to notice us. Ultimately we're just a giant circlejerk hidden away in a dark corner that no one except us gives two shits about so we're safe from just about everything but ourselves.

That said would anyone like to buy some patented herbal male enhancement pills? Just follow this link for amazing deals! ONLY $19.99!!!

Edited by PastryOfApathy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Are you sure those were bots or just multiple Rassah accounts?

Unless Rassah lives in China...

Xenoforo allows you to make additional security prompts to prevent bots or Chnese spammers from creating accounts. the fact that there are spammers shows that there's a level of incompetence with the software, or they do not give a fuck. 

To which I say Know these seven tricks to learn how to speak any language for free!!!!

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Unless Rassah lives in China...

Xenoforo allows you to make additional security prompts to prevent bots or Chnese spammers from creating accounts. the fact that there are spammers shows that there's a level of incompetence with the software, or they do not give a fuck. 

To which I say Know these seven tricks to learn how to speak any language for free!!!!

I'm inclined to say the latter although it could potentially be both. it really does look like they kind of slapped some stuff together with little thought to how it's actually gonna function.

also currently the number of bots outweighs the number of users and that's funny

48 minutes ago, willow said:

I'm inclined to say the latter although it could potentially be both. it really does look like they kind of slapped some stuff together with little thought to how it's actually gonna function.

also currently the number of bots outweighs the number of users and that's funny

FAF 1.0 had about 500 bots registering a day with about 25% of them posting as soon as they created an account.

banning all those bots...

1 hour ago, willow said:

Those are recognized bots, though, mainly search engine spiders, but all of which use user-agent strings announcing themselves as bots.  Those aren't spammer bots, which pretend to be regular users.

That noted, more spiders than users online is still a laughably bad statistic.  :3c

Also, 91 hours (five hours shy of four whole days) without a single mod checking in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

Those are recognized bots, though, mainly search engine spiders, but all of which use user-agent strings announcing themselves as bots.  Those aren't spammer bots, which pretend to be regular users.

That noted, more spiders than users online is still a laughably bad statistic.  :3c

Also, 91 hours (five hours shy of four whole days) without a single mod checking in.

see I wasn't sure what they were, only that they weren't actual users

The mighty Dragoneer himself finally showed up. 

I quote: 

"The spammers were wiped. If/when you see threads with that report it, and we can get it knocked out!"

Oh wow, it's so simple!! Just file a report!!! WHY DIDNT WE THINK OF THAT BEFORE!!!!! IT'S ALL OUR FAULT!!!!!!! :V :V :V

• Like 2

Way late, but just like FA.  Dragoneer himself broke the streak at 95 hours, and probably by accident.  Completely ignoring the severity of mod absence, he said, "The spammers were wiped. If/when you see threads with that report it, and we can get it knocked out!" [emphasis mine]

Unrelated, the only way I could disable the "allow Flash Player plugin?" bar from randomly pushing pages down every single time I load any new-FAF page (because XenForo needs Flash applets running as common buttons for who-knows-why) is to disable JavaScript across all of FA.

When you try to "like" a post with JavaScript disabled, you get asked a stupid question no one gets asked when JavaScript is enabled:

sure-you-want-to-like.thumb.png.104c9036

51 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

Way late, but just like FA.  Dragoneer himself broke the streak at 95 hours, and probably by accident.  Completely ignoring the severity of mod absence, he said, "The spammers were wiped. If/when you see threads with that report it, and we can get it knocked out!" [emphasis mine]

Unrelated, the only way I could disable the "allow Flash Player plugin?" bar from randomly pushing pages down every single time I load any new-FAF page (because XenForo needs Flash applets running as common buttons for who-knows-why) is to disable JavaScript across all of FA.

When you try to "like" a post with JavaScript disabled, you get asked a stupid question no one gets asked when JavaScript is enabled:

sure-you-want-to-like.thumb.png.104c9036

But do you want to like this post? After all, likes are serious business.

• Like 1

Apparently they did just a few minutes ago.  They changed the captcha to one that's probably easier to defeat (Funcaptcha), and they said they added a spam list.  To their credit, the spam list looks like a good one.  Edit: https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/forum-spammers.1527343/

None of this is helped by their staffing issue, however.  They still have a bunch of inactive admins/mods there, along with two exceptionally unprofessional profile configurations.

• Asia Neko, Main Site AUP Admin: No record of last visit, and rarely posts.
  • He Who Must Not Be Named, Director of Operations: Profile is set to friends-only.  Signed-in users are greeted with an error message, seems only to be active whenever anyone mentions the meaning he once assigned to his own chosen name.
  • Dragoneer, Administrator: Surprisingly active since the "mods are Rip Van Winkle, post spam!" stint.
  • Moderator-Dragon, Forum Moderator: Profile is set to friends-only.  Signed-in users are greeted with an error message.  Never posted, never received a like, never received a trophy point.  Trophy points seem to be awarded on first login.  Highly inactive, probably so inactive as to have never once logged in.
  • Moderator-Gazelle, Forum Moderator: The lone active CSR grunt who, like virtually all low-level mods throughout FAF's history, has the most excellent performance record of all current staff.
  • net-cat, Infernal Kitty: Has gone more than 400 days since the last login and has gone so deliberately inactive that his forum signature is, "I don't use FAF anymore."
  • quoting_mungo, Administrator: Less active than Dragoneer, much less active than Moderator-Gazelle, but still reasonably active enough.
  • Sciggles, Administrator: Has gone over seven months without logging in and over 10 without posting, has never logged in to the new FAF.
  • SSJ3Mewtwo, Administrator: Checks in frequently enough.
  • yak, Administrator: Checks in frequently enough.

Of these 10 active staffers, only five are actually active and presentable: Dragoneer, Moderator-Gazelle, quoting_mungo, SSJ3Mewtwo, and yak.  If they had any single-standard consistency at the top, the other five would be demoted for going inactive.

Edited by ArielMT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArielMT said:

[she said lotsa stuff here]

Aside from Dragoneer and Gazelle, I don't believe I've yet seen any of the other staff do anything more than simply be logged in.

It's quite enjoyable to watch, but I feel bad for those who are actually trying to have a good time there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saxon said:

I am fed up with this shit. 

The anonymous moderator logs on in order to remove all commission threads asking for NSFW content, but evidently cannot be faffed to confront spam. ._. 

maybe they can't do anything about the spam..or they don't know how