Donald Trump Is Going To Save America

PastryOfApathy

3 hours ago, Derin Darkpaw said:

Maybe if you don't want people to generalize your own political movement you should extend the same courtesy and avoid generalizations about the other side too.

To be fair, his was straight up "Ur racist fer trump", whereas mine, I gave a lovely demonstration of where I seen these idiots, where I've debated them and essentially where the general conscientious lies with "young voters", specifically with Feel Teh Bern. And seeing how they seem to be the deadweight of the democratic party, I think my assessment was fair given my examples, no? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Calemeyr said:

Trump doesn't scare me, some of his supporters do. Now, Ted Cruz on the other hand...that man fucking scares me.

I don't see why. He has an approximately zero chance ever becoming president and he's hated by the GOP almost as much as Trump. Keyword "almost".

5 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

That said I know very well that he's in no way qualified for the presidency, that he as a person and an entrepreneur is horrific, and that he's full of more shit than an Indian septic tank, but for the first time in modern political history he's an actual, honest-to-god political outsider who has a shot at the presidency. Not to mention the fact that he and his campaign has single-handedly thrown the entire GOP establishment into one of the biggest (and hilarious) existential crisis's I've ever seen from such a major political entity, and one that quite it frankly needs.

If he's an outsider then why is he a part of one of two parties with almost identical backers? It's not like the Republicans were forced for accept him into their ranks.

2 hours ago, WileyWarWeasel said:

If he's an outsider then why is he a part of one of two parties with almost identical backers? It's not like the Republicans were forced for accept him into their ranks.

He's a registered republican and ran as one. I could theoretically do the exact same thing.

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

He's a registered republican and ran as one. I could theoretically do the exact same thing.

So there's no way to get thrown out of a party in US?

With all of his business connections I still wouldn't say he's an outsider, at least to the business establishment which ultimately has more say in politics than voters do.

I daresay that even if he gets in he won't go against the grain too much (apart from being loudmouthed); he's probably learned the lesson of JFK ;)

Just now, WileyWarWeasel said:

So there's no way to get thrown out of a party in US?

With all of his business connections I still wouldn't say he's an outsider, at least to the business establishment which ultimately has more say in politics than voters do.

I daresay that even if he gets in he won't go against the grain too much (apart from being loudmouthed); he's probably learned the lesson of JFK ;)

I don't know the exact specifics of Republican party's rules, but Trump is the kind of person who would run as a third-party out of pure spite if the GOP literally just kicked him out because they didn't like him. Seeing as how he would effectively steal half of the Republican party's voter base and more or less guarantee a Democrat presidency, that's not really an option. Also it would set a horrific precedent that would fuck up things all around.

That's why the GOP has been panicking trying to kick him out of the race as "legitimately" as they can, even if it's pretty much too late outside of a miracle in the Republican convention.

44 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I don't know the exact specifics of Republican party's rules, but Trump is the kind of person who would run as a third-party out of pure spite if the GOP literally just kicked him out because they didn't like him. Seeing as how he would effectively steal half of the Republican party's voter base and more or less guarantee a Democrat presidency, that's not really an option. Also it would set a horrific precedent that would fuck up things all around.

That's why the GOP has been panicking trying to kick him out of the race as "legitimately" as they can, even if it's pretty much too late outside of a miracle in the Republican convention.

Sounds like it'd make more sense to get him to play ball through his business connections. No smart businessman would turn their back on their associates as a politician (eg raise minimum wage / worker's conditions significantly, cancel TPP/TTIP, close business tax loopholes, etc).

Personally I wouldn't mind him getting in, he appears to be quite the comedian.

On March 20, 2016 at 2:59 AM, PastryOfApathy said:

I don't see why. He has an approximately zero chance ever becoming president and he's hated by the GOP almost as much as Trump. Keyword "almost".

We'll see when the time comes. 

However,  think it is time that the GOP looks at itself and does some self-reflection. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2016 at 2:38 PM, Strongbob said:

It's hard to watch the current political discourse and not fear that we are heading towards Idiocracy.

To be fair, President Camacho  was a great leader.

He saw the problems the country was having, realized he wasn't able to fix it, and so, searched the entire population and found the man who could.

That's a pretty good quality in a leader!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cingal said:

To be fair, President Camacho  was a great leader.

He saw the problems the country was having, realized he wasn't able to fix it, and so, searched the entire population and found the man who could.

That's a pretty good quality in a leader!

Yeah they were running out of burrito covers and the crops were all messed up. 

I chose to stop getting involved in politics. Kasich is the only reasonable guy, but his ideas aren't popular, so he doesn't stand a chance. Everyone either wants Sanders because free college, or Trump because Trump. Cruz is so focused on bashing Trump, half the time he doesn't even say anything useful. 

Clinton...should be in prison. She was handing out secrets like a horny college student does with herpies.tumblr_mm8s7kuIuo1snsjmyo1_250.gif

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

...There are states you can't own chickens or bees in? 

There are states that ban the international importation of certain chicken and bee varieties - which is redundant because the federal government already does that - but there are no states that outright ban the ownership of all bees and chickens to all people that I can discover. Counties usually don't ban bees or chickens, either. They usually require permits or registration to legally own chickens or bees, though.

Zoning districts sometimes ban chickens, but they rarely ban bees.

As an interesting addition, I believe my state does ban the importation of all bee semen. The federal government allows some, but my state would have no part in the bee semen trade.

17 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I think they only allowed bees in Maryland a few years ago, after the whole "colony collapse will mean no more food!!!" thing happened.

Since the Central Maryland Beekeepers Association and the Maryland State Beekeepers Association have been around longer than that, I doubt it. The notion of underground beekeeping societies is an interesting thought, though.

You may be thinking of the origin of movements to change zoning laws that too easily allow bees and to outlaw pesticides that harm bees.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...