Furry Beware List

Crazy Lee

So this popped up in my news feed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V-hFEm05hP7ZdJNwNjGpoz1fCg9v-HAxvRUKDUb8iVY/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Have no idea who made it, have no idea why I should care, honestly. From some of the reasons to avoid it sounds like a bunch of tumblr SJWs made it. For example, under Mousemod: "Sexist, has wished death on others, abusive, general rudeness." And those are legit reasons to put someone on a list? Really?
"OMG This guy wished death on me I better blog it on tumblr and then go to my safe space...." How many times I have wished someone would die, or I'm sure people have wished I would die, if I had a dollar for each I would have paid off my student loans by now.

And strange the number of people I don't recognize on this list as opposed to people that should be on list list like Zaush or Chase.

Where's the evidence of any of these being bad people though? Just names on a list.

Only a few of the names I recognize. Don't Hug Cacti, the fursuit maker, spazzykoneko. Oh, and at the very bottom, 2griffon. I don't know enough about the first two but 2 has gotten a lot of hate. I don't hate him myself but I've noticed what comedy I've seen him try to do is mostly angry and edgelord stuff, try to say the edgiest things to be cool and funny, get all pissy and angry about life and stuff because boy that's hilarious *yawn*. Eh.

Just now, Kosha said:

A lot of the entries are warning about Scammers or Thieves. I'm okay with this

Yea, but that's what Artist Beware is for, if you're one of the 5 non-russian people out there that still use LJ.

A lot of the entries are also about the person just being an asshole if that warrants them being on a list. For example:
"General rudeness, horribly abusive, sexist, manipulative behavior."
"Abusive, sent death threats, general rudeness."
"Hateful, uses horribly abusive language towards those they don’t like."
"Immature and hateful. Fetish-bashing. IMMEDIATELY started drama with us on tumblr when they made the blog."

Sounds like most of the people in this forum, really.

Some of the reasons for people being on this list are really dumb in my opinion. Not all of them, but a few. Plus I don't really like the idea of a list of people to watch out for. I'm sure in some ways this is done with the intention of helping others, but it has the effect of creating an incriminating list of people who are "bad" under the values of the person who created it as well as just in general hurts the privacy of some of some of these people while encouraging user attacks against these people. People on this list for instance may never be allowed peace from random strangers.

• Like 2

The minimum requirement for a list like this is that it cites why someone is being included. Even then, such a list is likely to just be an enumeration of furry grudges, but without evidence it's completely meaningless.

• Like 1

I understand outting scammers and a thieves (with proof of course) but why "hateful" people? Who cares if they're an asshole, just block them. Someone could be put on there as hateful for simply disagreeing with them.

Also I love how they put Mousemod on there, a person who made a shitty list just like this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Some of the reasons for people being on this list are really dumb in my opinion. Not all of them, but a few. Plus I don't really like the idea of a list of people to watch out for. I'm sure in some ways this is done with the intention of helping others, but it has the effect of creating an incriminating list of people who are "bad" under the values of the person who created it as well as just in general hurts the privacy of some of some of these people while encouraging user attacks against these people. People on this list for instance may never be allowed peace from random strangers.

I kind of agree. While it can be damaging long-term, people still deserve to know if it's worth investing their time into someone. 

Good friendships take a long time to develope and if you're against something like animal abuse and have wasted years of your life only to make friends with a known animal rapist, you'd wish you had known that beforehand.

But it's understandable how vindictive and unforgiving the furry fandom can be, despite its initial "bubbly" and "carefree" nature.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Saxon said:

It makes me sad that people would compile lists of everyone they didn't like, in the hope of persuading everybody else to dislike them too

"You have been denounced"

• Like 1

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

See the first mistake you made was opening tumblr.

Actually i use tumblr for art related stuff as well as tutorials. There's a lot more to the site than just furry related stuff. That's where i find a lot of the helpful artist advice.

These are definitely quality and totally legit reasons. See if you ever become angry at someone you are clearly a bad person for showing emotion. The only legitimate people on that list would be the pedo/zooaphiles. Rest should be on Artist Beware or not at all. Many don't have proof. It is a case of "he said she said" for many. 

Also if you realize  a list will mean they will be targeted, why did you make the damn list? No matter that you say you shouldn't go after them, people will go after them. There are better ways to warn people.

On 11/05/2016 at 0:18 PM, Saxon said:

It makes me sad that people would compile lists of everyone they didn't like, in the hope of persuading everybody else to dislike them too.

Thankfully everybody who has posted so far indicated they would ignore them.

Unfortunately, an overwhelming number of furries are stupid enough to believe it

Just look towards FA, FAF, SoFurry and the like and you have the cuddly impressionable demographic

3 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Unfortunately, an overwhelming number of furries are stupid enough to believe it

Just look towards FA, FAF, SoFurry and the like and you have the cuddly impressionable demographic

I would hope that most furries have better things to do than be conceit about being better than people who have been arbitrarily put on a list; the yiff isn't going to draw itself.

Whenever you compile a list of "bad people," you inevitably invite bias, even if you began with the best intentions.

Personally, it annoys me when legitimate and informative posts about confirmed rapists, creepers, scammers, shit-disturbers, convention-destroyers, and violent criminals are mixed in with "This person made fun of trigger warnings!" or "This airheaded young douchebag acts like an airheaded young douchebag on their Twitter feed!" or even, "This person owns a murrsuit!"

There also tends to be a lot of he-said she-said that makes me very skeptical of many of the claims being made about people.

• Like 2