The Confessional Box

root

i'd like to confess that i always forget usernames on forums. i usually remember avatars though so if you change it you might as well have gotten a whole new face. Unless i chat with you specifically and you change up your avatar, there's a 90% chance i will NOT remember who the hell you are. Even if i recognize your name, it screws with my head if the username and avatar don't match. My brain just chimes back with a "DOES NOT COMPUTE!". Samey or similarly colored avatars or similar usernames have this same effect. Because of this, i have confused two or more users as the same person or confused one user as multiple accounts. i've done this on more than one occasion; FAF and this forum included.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rabbit Head said:

*sweat pours down my face as I shake and tremble all over*

That sounds like me on most days, looking at the thousands of dollars of Benzedrex I've eaten since I got here (and the zero dollars I've had in my name the whole time). This probably explains my rampant hypersexuality, too *whistles*

44 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

Forgive me Father, for I have been a meathead. My last confession was 18 days ago. This is my sin:

I believe The Phantom Menace was a good film for the wrong audience.

I wasn't sure why people hated the prequels until it was explained to me, tbh.

Then again I didn't see a single Star Wars film until my early teens, and Revenge of the Sith was on the verge of release.
(I watched the originals first)

I confess to not liking Superhero movies. There's something about seeing them as live action films that just feels clunky and off to me, despite all the special effects, which often seem to occlude the plot and action. With extremely rare exceptions, I'd rather they made them as animated films instead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hux said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yep, it's true. And I'll bet there's furies standing by, to show you how to gain this amazing power, right this very moment!

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

I wasn't just making that up. You don't think I've done this before O.o?

(well, with a guy not with a girl of course.. but I'm quite sure that won't make a difference)

The bunny speaks the truth!

I rest my case :)

7 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Yep, it's true. And I'll bet there's furies standing by, to show you how to gain this amazing power, right this very moment!

The bunny speaks the truth!

I rest my case :)

Teach me, senpai!

5 hours ago, Sir Gibby said:

I wasn't sure why people hated the prequels until it was explained to me, tbh.

Then again I didn't see a single Star Wars film until my early teens, and Revenge of the Sith was on the verge of release.
(I watched the originals first)

I saw Phantom Menace first, in the theatre at the age of 4. It rocked my frickn world.

In recent years I've lost 90% of interest in the series though.

I don't really know what failure is like. Everything I've ever done I've either been successful at, or got bored with and abandoned before it could even have a chance to fail. I feel I've missed out on learning life lessons prior typically learn from failure, and thus fear I may be way inexperienced.

6 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I don't really know what failure is like. Everything I've ever done I've either been successful at, or got bored with and abandoned before it could even have a chance to fail. I feel I've missed out on learning life lessons prior typically learn from failure, and thus fear I may be way inexperienced.

This would explain why you seem to panic and lose your shit when you find yourself unable to 'win' an internet argument, going so far as to dedicate a disturbing amount of hours of a trip to Aruba to continuing an attempt to 'win' an online argument.  ...The best part was how you first declared that you would be unable to continue the argument due to your impending trip to Aruba in a forum of humble brag and THEN you basically spent a good chunk of the trip continuing to engage in the argument anyway.

13 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Would you rather fail at every step?

You have learned what is necessary for you, which is not how to deal with mistakes,  but how to avoid them (or not make them at all).

Learn from success -- stop ignoring its value. You're taking those moments for granted. 

Not referencing the above, but for me... the failures just make the successes so much sweeter. Right now I'm in a deep fuckin hole of failure but I'm tryin to go up, so.. even the little victories really mater a lot to me,right now. 

I'm going to kill myself on a sugar overdose...

Since Ive been given free reign of my own finances and space to put my own things, food included, that essentially means "fuck you I do what I want"

Which involves copious amounts of sugary food, it seems.

In the past something-or-other week Ive purchases ice cream, m&m's, twinkies, ho hos, candy bars

I bought three boxes of 12 pack soda thats seemed to lasted me awhile. I think Ive been at one a day but since my sugar fixation.....I think I had three cans today

Oh man is this what an addiction is?

Send help

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Since Ive been given free reign of my own finances and space to put my own things, food included, that essentially means "fuck you I do what I want

Which involves copious amounts of sugary food, it seems.

I know that feel

Its addicting

stoppit :V

(but then again, it's nice to enjoy a little freedom/money)

I have stubbornly kept the same pillowcase for close to ten years (although I do wash it regularly and replace the actual pillow when needed).. my dad is convinced it's something akin to a "security blanket" because I've been doing this sort of thing since I was a toddler, but I really just think a well-worn pillowcase provides a level of comfort beyond what's available at the store.

5 hours ago, Rassah said:

Time to break a few mirrors, walk by a few black cats and step on every crack you see.

49 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Giving up rather than failing still seems like failing to me =p

That's probably the closest thing, but it feels more like I just got bored and decided to do something else, not failed. Maybe my failure is not being able to finish some projects. Most annoying/sad thing is that when people celebrate their accomplishments around me (like during graduation), I just feel "meh," like I got there simply by following directions one step at a time. There's no great feeling of accomplishment.

14 minutes ago, Rassah said:

That's probably the closest thing, but it feels more like I just got bored and decided to do something else, not failed. Maybe my failure is not being able to finish some projects. Most annoying/sad thing is that when people celebrate their accomplishments around me (like during graduation), I just feel "meh," like I got there simply by following directions one step at a time. There's no great feeling of accomplishment.

Well, failing doesn't make someone like something better, it's easier to give up on "sour grapes" like The Red Fox in Aesop's Fables.

That said, I can kind of relate to what you are saying, since I'm much the same and I only stay interested in a subject if it's a puzzle to me. When I've figured out the puzzle and it comes time to act on it, that's when I get bored.

This is my main problem with software engineering - I like complex or architectural problems, but hate writing boiler plate copy pasta to push out new features.

If I could go back, I wouldn't have gone to college at 18. I would have waited till I had my shit together. In my short life, thus far it is my biggest regret. 

58 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I'm angry a lot of the time. 

I've noted this pattern of sometimes friendly, often angry. Why do you think it is that you become angry "a lot of the time", or that things arouse this response? Is it a lack of something---money, intimacy, sex, a job that holds meaning? Or does it seem to be something more embedded in the way you perceive the world? Also, anger tends to be be called anger when it's directed outward; have you ever had periods where it's directed inward, more as low-self esteem/depression?

/end armchair psychology session. And you seem as balanced as any fur, to me, if that's any comfort.

~

I confess I tend to observe other people, to analyze them, and attempt to see why they are like what they are like. How did they get to their present 'self'?

i have spent far too much time watching all the new Zelda footage i can find. i haven't been this obsessed over awaiting a Zelda title since Twilight Princess. i haven't been this obsessed over an unreleased videogame altogether since Skyrim. Seeing as how this new game is prettymuch a fucking hybrid of the two, my anticipation has been doubled.

I can't connect with someone who doesn't do anything creative. If they don't write or sing or do something with their hands I kinda feel really far away from them. 

I also am much too soft a lot of the time. 

I have to have some form of habit, something to do. It used to be hypnosis, then binging video games, now I'm designing a tiny house.

It's really exciting because I have designed a house that is made from a 20' shipping container (so tornado resistant), 2 bed 1 bath, full utilities, full kitchen. It would only cost at most 45k including delivery and install.

Just so excited, if anyone wants to download a free program called sketchup I can share the files. 

• Like 2

Haven't been on the forums as often because I prefer to do so on my phone and when I am connected to my router I can't access the site.

Also I am looking forward to and slightly dreading the end of next month. My boyfriend is coming to live with me and the anniversary of a really good friend's death.