So...is this Mighty No 9?

I barely know anything about Mega Man but I know this was some kind of spiritual successor that got a kickstarter and there was a lot of hype for this

I...don't understand the hype after seeing this. I mean this looks really meh from an outsider's perspective and the trailer narrator...ugh

• Like 1

Eh, the game still looks like it lacks a lot of the charm that made classic Megaman good.

Combos aren't really my thing, either, even though they keep touting those.

Glad I didn't back this game,
but we'll see what happens with it.

53 minutes ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

and this is why understanding your audience is important and completely missing the target can fuck you over.

I hope this trailer is used in lessons in marketing classes for what happens when you miss your target audience.

It's fucking Dina's fault for being so goddamn shitty at her job and not telling the staff that's working on the game what 's wrong with it.

The game doesn't play too terrible from what I've gotten my hands on, but it's really basic and forgettable. And the environments were atrocious. They looked like a PSP game with washed out colors and bad textures.

4 hours ago, root said:

3alixcH.png

Ciel?

Rip off roll that was made obviously as nostalgic bait for Mega Man fans to vote for that design rather than the superior one that came in second place.

97f1d07acf0dfcf876554c75bb3d39e9_large.j

• Like 3

I all seriousness I don't understand how this game turned out the way it did. I played the demo for it a while back and it was okay. Not bad. Decent enough to try. But I don't understand how this is the result of 4 million dollars of funding to an already experienced game developer. So many better, much more impressive games have had much smaller budgets.

Dragon's Crown just as an example cost 1 million dollars to make. What happened here? Why did this turn into the disaster that it did?

EDIT: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

The game doesn't play too terrible from what I've gotten my hands on, but it's really basic and forgettable. And the environments were atrocious. They looked like a PSP game with washed out colors and bad textures.

That's because this game was based off of Mega Man Powered Up.

1 hour ago, XoPachi said:

Oh and let's not forget this.

yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z-ss-1-thumb.jpg

Oh my god I totally forgot that game existed.

I guess it's nice to be reminded that they could have done soooooo much worse.

At least DMC: Donte May Cry was hilarious and genuinely enjoyable with how goddamn stupid it was.

38 minutes ago, root said:

Sonic most certainly is not the fresh-baked pizza of gaming lmao

Maybe not, but he's got the freshest memes in town.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2016 at 2:04 PM, XoPachi said:

If I cared that much, I'd just get this instead.

Game looks pretty good (voice in the trailer sucks though), and it's made by the same guys that did MMZ? Sweet... Oh god, some idiot in the comments is arguing that MMZ is a Zelda rip-off. I... I'm broken and it's not even noon yet.

2 hours ago, root said:

Game looks pretty good (voice in the trailer sucks though), and it's made by the same guys that did MMZ? Sweet... Oh god, some idiot in the comments is arguing that MMZ is a Zelda rip-off. I... I'm broken and it's not even noon yet.

......Zelda.

Fucking. Zelda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I love Papa Franku.

Believe it or not, MN9 used to look a lot better than it does now

_1390593693.jpg

W...What the fuck happened?!

One thing I do like about the trailer is the background music. Anyone know what it is? (I assume it's from the game)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

Cq0lGfdUAAAgpHv.jpg

7 hours ago, Imperial Impact said:

https://sli.mg/a/njStWc

Oh and now Dina wants to "sue" backers for calling her out as a feminist bigot.

I want to die