Guy refuses to cooperate with cop at DUI checkpoint

Crazy Lee

So after a Youtube video ended YT decided I should watch this one for some reason...

I've been noticing a disturbing trend, mostly with black lives matter people, black people in general, and even anti-government angry white guys, to post videos of them not cooperating with police. "Hey look at this video, I stuck it to the man! Fuck police, they're all nazi facists anyway, they should all be murdered."

Looking at the recommended videos on the side of YT reveals titles like: "Police show up at my house, I uphold my RIGHTS." "cop gets owned!" "Open carry teaches cops his rights" ect ect. I chose this video because it was the first one that came up, but I could easily pick many others. Also, many of the videos in the list show a white man behind the wheel, so it's not just angry blm black males in these.

But seriously though. I can understand if a police officer goes way overboard, and the second officer in the above video went a bit too far by drawing his weapon, but it seems to be the trendy thing to say fuck it to cooperating with ANY police officers nowadays. Get pulled over for speeding? Don't cooperate with the cops. You have a broken tail light? Fuck da police. Technically at a DUI checkpoint the police do have the right to ask for paperwork so I do think the police were in the right in the video.

I think we should get the BLM anti cop idiots together with the white racist anti-government Bundy types. They seem to think alike about the police. But eventually, since anti-government whites usually hate black people, and many BLM hate white people, they'll end up killing each other and we'll be rid of them for good.

Also, I'm leaving this here for a great example of a cop actually acting professional and owning the shit out of a stupid anti-cop tumblr idiot. Hope she enjoyed jail.

11 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I find the trend of hating all police officers edgy as fuck. Yes, there are corrupt police officers in the world, but hating all police officers is not how we should deal with this issue.

Most of them are dickheads with a fetish for abusing their power on people to show them they are really just a pussy in control. The police force attracts a certain type of person, and rewards and reinforces that kind of behavior since it's an effective way to make a good cop. People who are nice and *don't* like to screw someone over wouldn't want to do things like write tickets in order to meet their own quota.

No this isn't every cop but it's the majority of them.

That is my take on it, having dealt with the law extensively in my career :V

• Like 4

I get the feeling the supervisor just passed him on because he was reasonably sure the guy wasn't drunk (Perhaps easier to spot for someone who's done it for awhile.) and didn't want to start a big issue if he could avoid it and save everyone the hassle. 

That, or he was hoping the smug fuck driving the car would crash, a sentiment I can get behind.

Curious why he didn't pursue the gun thing.

36 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It just goes to show that people who intend on waving their "mah rights" at cops should have their guns taken away.

Common sense should really win out at this point. Even worse are the rent-a-cops up at City Hall here next to Tent City 6 where I stay. We don't have power so I go to a park next to it to charge my phone and they always try to kick me out. It's public property and doesn't have hours posted, and I'm allowed to be there as long as I'm not doing something dangerous or illegal (and I'm not technically loitering since charging my phone is an obvious legal reason to be there).

The homeless people who go there, especially from TC6, are often noisy, make a mess and leave food there, which is why two rats live in the bushes. So, while I kind of understand their point, the laws were written in a way that prevents profiling in these cases, which is exactly what they are doing. I'm never loud or messy though. just sitting there using my phone when they ask me to leave. Last time, the cops were across the street at TC6 (they get called a lot) so I told the rent-a-cop I wasn't leaving and told him to go get the cops if he wants to but leave me the hell alone.

Lol, the first one I told that to was all "I know what the laws are, it is my job you know" and I said "as a rent a cop?" and went off on him.

I have half a mind to go up to the court house to the seventh floor, get a complaint of harassment form and a voucher, have everyone sign it at TC6 and then file the fucking thing for free.

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Your rights exist for a reason.

If you don't use them they might as well not exist. 

If you want to bend for authority when every they ask that's your choice. 

Tinfoil hat people are gross but cop worshipers are just as bad. 

I have a healthy respect for the police and what they do. If they were to ask for identification or any of that I'd happily provide it as I trust them. It really doesn't help not to trust them or fight them. I've got nothing to hide, so why make their job any harder? Their jobs can be hard enough. 

I don't worship them and I know very well some of them can be nuts, unfit for the job or eager to exercise their power, but gladly that doesn't seem to be the case in the area around me.

• Like 1

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I have a healthy respect for the police and what they do. If they were to ask for identification or any of that I'd happily provide it as I trust them. It really doesn't help not to trust them or fight them. I've got nothing to hide, so why make their job any harder? Their jobs can be hard enough. 

I don't worship them and I know very well some of them can be nuts, unfit for the job or eager to exercise their power, but gladly that doesn't seem to be the case in the area around me.

I've had bad experiences with the police. 

I'm not going to waste my time jumping through their hoops. 

One they figure out that you know your rights they give up and leave. 

2 hours ago, #00Buck said:

One they figure out that you know your rights they give up and leave. 

There are so many videos disproving that. If anything, it provokes them into using any excuse in the book to arrest you.

• Like 1

Technically at a DUI checkpoint the police do have the right to ask for paperwork

Somebody hasn't heard of the fourth amendment, or "innocent until proven guilty," or the whole "papers please" atrocity in Nazi Germany...

On 6/14/2016 at 4:04 PM, Ricky said:

Most of them are dickheads with a fetish for abusing their power on people to show them they are really just a pussy in control. The police force attracts a certain type of person, and rewards and reinforces that kind of behavior since it's an effective way to make a good cop. People who are nice and *don't* like to screw someone over wouldn't want to do things like write tickets in order to meet their own quota.

No this isn't every cop but it's the majority of them.

That is my take on it, having dealt with the law extensively in my career :V

I have a feeling that many people who actually become cops nowadays are the kind of power hungry types, which is a disappointment.

On 6/14/2016 at 9:00 PM, #00Buck said:

Your rights exist for a reason.

If you don't use them they might as well not exist. 

If you want to bend for authority whenever they ask that's your choice. 

Tinfoil hat people are gross but cop worshipers are just as bad. 

Who said I was a cop worshiper? I just like BLMs and Sovereign Citizens who try to argue with cops for simple traffic stops.

11 hours ago, #00Buck said:

American cops do point their guns at you but are incredibly polite.

Canadian cops don't point their guns at you but are incredibly rude. 

Yep.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/canadian-man-slapped-175-ticket-giving-money-cop/story?id=39758381

4 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Sovereign citizens are like my fetish. Seriously I have a stash of their shenanigans to supply this thread for years.

lol

DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!!!

I love the part where he says he's a freeman and a citizen of "ken-ahh-daa" because Canada has been dissolved. Okay armchair lawyer, where did you get your degree, the internet?

35 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Somebody hasn't heard of the fourth amendment, or "innocent until proven guilty," or the whole "papers please" atrocity in Nazi Germany...

Who said anyone's guilty if a cop's asking for license, insurance, and registration. All of those are required to operate a motor vehicle. Don't have any of those, you don't have any right to be driving on the road. And no, there is no constitutional right to drive a car.

Also, I like how Captain Anarchist "I don't want rules because I'm 15 and still rebelling against the man and my parents" is in this thread.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

All the cops I've dealt with are nice and courteous. I dunno what you guys are talking about

Same. 

It's probably because I show them respect. Then when I have questions later, they answer them nicely and try to be as helpful as possible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

All the cops I've dealt with are nice and courteous. I dunno what you guys are talking about

Basically.

Like the one time I've ever been approached by a cop (since it was late and I was standing in an empty parking lot by myself I guess), he ended up offering me a ride home since I wasn't a confrontational dickhead.

• Like 2

"lack lives matter people, black people in general, and even anti-government angry white guys, to post videos of them not cooperating with police."

That's because Black Lives Matter is a group that started because idiots wanted to praise a criminal for attacking an officer and getting rightfully gunned the fuck down.

4 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

I say fuck tha police while playing fuck tha police in my fly ride. 

G's up hoes down. 

Das how I roll homie. 

You can ask my homie Frig how I do donuts in the parking lot.

18"'s smoking niiiiigaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!1

wow, that is so on fleek, bae tbh fam

• Like 1

Cops at DUI checkpoints don't stop you to check to make sure you have your license and registration. They stop you simply because you are guilty of driving drunk until you prove to them otherwise. It's the same as a cop checking everyone's bag before they leave the store. Is he checking to make sure your credit card is properly signed before you swiped it? No, he would be checking it because you are presumed to be a thief until the cop checks your bag to prove you're innocent. Why are you people so happy to trust authority and just give up your rights? Authority killed almost 300 million people in the last century alone, and that's not even counting wars 😦

54 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Same here, but that's probably because I'm a well dressed white male. They harass black guys here all the time for no reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

I say fuck tha police while playing fuck tha police in my fly ride. 

G's up hoes down. 

Das how I roll homie. 

You can ask my homie Frig how I do donuts in the parking lot.

18"'s smoking niiiiigaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!1

Nigga tore shyt str8 uppp.

Alright so comparing the police to actual Nazis is ridiculous. No. No, its not ridiculous- It's fucking stupid. Stop that.

It's been ruled time and time again that the need to catch or dissuade drunk drivers and protect the public at large far outweighs the slight inconvenience that sober drivers will encounter at a DUI checkpoint. It is not an infringement of our constitutional rights. Hell, its not even a right to drive. It is a privilege. It is a privilege to drive on state maintained roads, and it is expected that anyone on the road respect and follow the rules and laws the state has put in place. If it is deemed necessary to ensure from time to time that people are following their rules on their roads with check points, deal with it.

Every state has different laws. In some states, presenting identification is compulsory when asked by an officer of the law. In others, it is not unless there is reasonable suspicion of illegal activity. That being said, even if you "know your rights" and do not have to present ID, a pissed off cop has plenty of tools in his bag to fuck your day up. Is it legal? Questionable. Does it happen? You know it. Just be respectful. Mind your p's and q's. This is one of those rare instances where if you actually don't have anything to hide, don't worry.

I appreciate DUI stops. If they can take one drunk asshole off the road, that might save a family. Hell, that might save me. Fuck that family. I want to live.

I don't trust authority as far as I can throw the abstract idea, but cops are -surprise!- actually there to keep the public safe, and most of them are good people. By all means, know your rights, but don't turn a dripping faucet into a gushing waterfall.

/nerdessay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rassah said:

Authority killed almost 300 million people in the last century alone, and that's not even counting wars 

LOL.
"Some authority did bad things in the past so let's not have any authority at all because rules and government is bad mmkaaayy..." That's literally what you're saying. Some government did bad things, thus all government is bad. That's just the worst logic ever.

give up your rights?

What. Fucking. Rights?
There is no "right" to drive a damn car. I don't see any constitutional amendment to drive a car.

Just now, Crazy Lee said:

LOL.
"Some authority did bad things in the past so let's not have any authority at all because rules and government is bad mmkaaayy..." That's literally what you're saying. Some government did bad things, thus all government is bad. That's just the worst logic ever.

What. Fucking. Rights?
There is no "right" to drive a damn car. I don't see any constitutional amendment to drive a car.

It's the 4th amendment. Reasonable expectation of privacy and right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure. 

They can't search your ass if they have no reason to believe you committed a crime.

Drunk driving checkpoints are unconstitutional. 

Read your constitution.

I'm Canadian and I know this. 

• Like 1

a pissed off cop has plenty of t, a pissed off cop has plenty of tools in his bag to fuck your day up. Is it legal? Questionable. Does it happen? You know it. Just be respectful. ools in his bag to fuck your day up. Is it legal? Questionable. Does it happen? You know it. Just be respectful. 

"Cops can and do abuse their authority. Is it legal? Questionable. Should we complain or do something about it? Nah, just respect their authoratah! Surely if they abuse their power, and we just quietly sit back and take it, they will stop doing that, instead of just escalating their abuse :V

59 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

Nah, I'm saying that, because government has a 100% established record of corruption and abuse of citizens, with some of the worst examples being mass demoside of hundreds of millions, that maybe we shouldn't just trust it blindly. Maybe have some healthy skepticism, in case your own corrupt and abusive giveth decides to step it up a notch.

59 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

What. Fucking. Rights?

Topic isn't about driving cars or restriction thereof. You're the one who started this topic, you should know better.

Alright, I'll give the Canadians the benefit of doubt here because they don't need to know our laws as well as we do, as especially as well as I do as I have crossed the country numerous times on public roads for work (If a Texas state trooper suspects you work for an oil company, you'd better be damn sure you are 100 legal in every single way.)

The fourth amendment protects us against unlawful searches and seizures, yes. But that that is not carte blanche immunity against all searches. As the courts have made clear numerous times, a vehicle does not command the same status as a home, residence or place of business.

As a vehicle can be all at once a "movable crime scene," deadly weapon, and residence, the laws regarding searches are pretty convoluted. If an officer probable cause to search a vehicle, he or she may without a warrant. This does not require a warrant as the vehicle is a "movable scene of the crime." 

DUI check points have also been ruled legal and Constitutional because they do not fall into the classification of entrapment or a violation of the 5th amendment, and are performed on state property in the interest of public safety. 

Again, know your rights. A cop may try to intimidate you into incriminating yourself. That's literally what they are trained to do. But by no means should you just assume your knowledge of the law against someone who's job it is to uphold it.

• Like 1

And I just want to add, the cases of a cop abusing his authority are few and far between, but the recent atmosphere of "fuck the police" has turned many a police officer into a paranoid nut. Couple this with a lack of manpower, several high-profile (yet very isolated) incidents of abuse of power, the militarization of police, and the ease of getting weapons in this country is creating the perfect storm for distrust between the various law enforcement agencies and the civilian population. There is no easy way to rectify any of these issues, but being aware of them is the first step in fixing them.

• Like 2

Obviously cops aren't doing illegal searches at DUI checkpoints. Whether or not the government decided that what it is doing is legal is not the point. Same as when our government decided that when it tortures people it's legal. Or when it decided that sending it's own citizens to concentration camps was legal.

The point is whether what it's doing is right, or whether those actions are violating the ideas this country was based on. If we are going to blatantly disregard people's rights and freedoms and claim it's perfectly legal to do so, then just come out and say that this government prefers to blatantly disregard people's freedom and make it legal to do so. Don't hide behind "Land of the free!" BS and be open about this country being a militarized big brother state.

What the country was founded on? You mean a select group of wealthy, white, land owning men running the country, creating the laws and voting on what benefits them the most?

Thomas Jefferson suggested the constitution be rewritten every 19 years to keep up with changing times and ideals.

Nah, I mean founded by gun toting anti-government terrorist types who shot up a bunch of government employees and had a general distrust of government power.

Yes, it's pretty sad how quickly that whole thing got corrupt and went to shit. The revolution was fought over a 3% tax (nothing compared to our current ~45% tax), and then George Washington, who led that fight, went and fought a bunch of people in the whiskey rebellion to enforce his own tax.

19 hours ago, #00Buck said:

It's the 4th amendment. Reasonable expectation of privacy and right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.

Who said I was talking about a search of the car. This is about handing over required documents. Cops can only search cars if they have reasonable reason to suspect wrongdoing (and yes, cops do sometimes abuse this).

18 hours ago, Rassah said:

Nah, I'm saying that, because government has a 100% established record of corruption and abuse of citizens, with some of the worst examples being mass demoside of hundreds of millions, that maybe we shouldn't just trust it blindly. Maybe have some healthy skepticism, in case your own corrupt and abusive giveth decides to step it up a notch.

Predictably you seem to take either one extreme view or another and never a more middle, nuanced view. Do you think that I blindly follow everything the government does?

This is basically what you're saying: "Well, this person is okay with one thing the government does that must mean he 100% agrees with EVERYTHING the government does." Of course not. I've had plenty of gripes of the government going too far, for instance NSA spying, civil forfeiture, the war on drugs, mandatory minimum sentencing and three strikes law, to name a few. Police having a 'thin blue line' where they're not hold accountable for bad behavior. Does not mean I don't agree with some things the government does.

Topic isn't about driving cars or restriction thereof. You're the one who started this topic, you should know better.

No, the topic is about people being pulled over by cops, being asked for proper paperwork (driver's license, insurance, ownership of vehicle), and then the person refuses to hand over the documents and actively rebels against and acts confrontational against the officer, even if the officer is being nice about it. The reason that officer is asking for those documents is because they're required to operate the car.

17 hours ago, Rassah said:

Obviously cops aren't doing illegal searches at DUI checkpoints. Whether or not the government decided that what it is doing is legal is not the point. Same as when our government decided that when it tortures people it's legal. Or when it decided that sending it's own citizens to concentration camps was legal.

The point is whether what it's doing is right, or whether those actions are violating the ideas this country was based on. If we are going to blatantly disregard people's rights and freedoms and claim it's perfectly legal to do so, then just come out and say that this government prefers to blatantly disregard people's freedom and make it legal to do so. Don't hide behind "Land of the free!" BS and be open about this country being a militarized big brother state.

Okay, so sometimes something is legal but immoral or unethical. So, going back to the topic of people being confrontational during a traffic stop, is it moral and ethical to expect someone driving on the roads to have the proper paperwork to operate on those roads, and be able to present proof of that? No searches, no cop tearing apart your car to look for drugs, just the basic request of "Do you have a license, insurance, ect".

• Like 1