Give Me a Good Sad Movie

Tsuujou

I just need an emotional flick at the moment. This might be a bit specific, but can I get something fairly realistic that takes place in a relatively modern time frame and urban setting? Like Pursuit of Happiness? And obviously that top tier, superb acting. :y

I'd say Mr Magorium's wonder emporium was an excellent movie for everyone but don't let the cover fool you as no other movie left me more happy at the end despite crying so much midway in. If action is more your style then Captain America 2: Winter Soldier is absolutely one of the best actions of all time up there with the Batman trilogy movies

Well, it can't really meet your exact requirements, but I think that Pan's Labyrinth by Guillermo del Toro is a superb and very sad film. While it is a dark fantasy film, it is brutally realistic in its portrayal of Franco's regime after the Spanish Civil War, with strong characters and acting. It also has great special effects for the fantasy elements which it has.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2016 at 4:23 PM, XoPachi said:

I just need an emotional flick at the moment. This might be a bit specific, but can I get something fairly realistic that takes place in a relatively modern time frame and urban setting? Like Pursuit of Happiness? And obviously that top tier, superb acting. :y

Requiem For A Dream

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

With the criteria you gave, I can recommend a movie called After Thomas.

It's based on a true story. It's about a family who is struggling to get the best for their severely autistic kid and they get a pupper in the hopes that that will help him.

It made me cry buckets, but then again, I cry watching DIY SOS so I'm not much of a good example.

e. Oh wow I didn't see the date of this thread. 

Ahh, memories...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 9:39 PM, Imperial Impact said:

Toy story 3

On 5/10/2017 at 9:43 AM, PeeWeePhoenix said:

Toy Story 3 too

The feels were very strong with this one ....especially if you've seen both of the other movies.....seeing andy say how much of a great toy Woody is tho

T4gPHGu.gif.c3a87829b88b129a0dd03eac09208081.gif

• 6 months later...
On 7/3/2016 at 10:57 PM, Battlechili said:

Interstellar

Its not strictly supposed to be a sad film, but it is pretty sad and hits hard.

Went back through this since it got bumped. I never noticed you had recommended this, but a few months ago I watched this and it quickly became my favorite movie. It had me crying more than anything I had watched up to that point.

f0af08a14e96e82161e213e2cca07337.gif

Me, when he got back to the ship after the water planet that.
If it's one thing that really gets me, it's not the sad event in a film itself, but how the characters react to it and how realistically it's portrayed. A puppy could be murdered at the end of a 100/10 star movie and I won't feel much. The INSTANT the owner sees the dog and breaks down, I'm right there with him and that was Interstellar at every corner.

• 1 month later...