I nearly died today

Nova

It was so horrible:(

My mom and I were shopping and bought maracuja fruits yesterday.

So today i ate two of them.

My belly started to hurt, i got headache, i couldnt feel my left arm, i couldnt walk, spit was running out of me like a waterfall.

After two hours i vomited it out and i feel a bit better now even though i feel completely drained.

Why the heck do supermarkets sell fruits that are not ripe or are bad.

I searched in the  web about the fruit and poisoning symptomps but i found nothing.

But the pain i had wasnt so serious to go to a doctor since i vomited it out.

I am gonna drink some water and look for something too eat that doenst kill me.

That is the last one of these shitty fruits

14678105208071538403358.jpg

Yikes. Good thing you're ok. Maybe you were allergic? I remember having a slice of kiwi one day and it instantly put me in the bed. Vomiting, diarrhea, shivers, headache, puffy gums, sore throat. I was completely fucked that evening.

• Like 1

I was gonna say that nde's are cool

But eww, that's not cool

2 hours ago, Amiir said:

I would still see a doctor, just in case... Those symptoms are WAAAYYYYY too serious to leave unchecked

Yes; more specifically you should get some sort of allergy test/screening

Edited by Endless/Nameless
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I was gonna say that nde's are cool

But eww, that's not cool

Yes; more specifically you should get some sort of allergy test/screening

Yes, what E/N said.  It's possible you have some sort of a food allergy.  See a doc and get a screening.   Unexpected food allergies can be lethal and are not something to mess around with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strongbob said:

Yes, what E/N said.  It's possible you have some sort of a food allergy.  See a doc and get a screening.   Unexpected food allergies can be lethal and are not something to mess around with. 

Really, doctor? :V

I think it's even more likely we don't have the full story and the OP happened to eat a fruit around the same time he started to feel this way. Occam's Razor and all that.

I mean, what are the chances of eating a fruit and feeling bad on the very same day? THIS CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE 

• Like 1

We only have one doctor near us and she is a idiot.

My father had blood pressure problems and with his lungs and that bitch of a **** told him that it is nothing.

We went to a other doctor and he got told that he has a bronchitis.

But i feel much better now.

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

I think it's even more likely we don't have the full story and the OP happened to eat a fruit around the same time he started to feel this way. Occam's Razor and all that.

I mean, what are the chances of eating a fruit and feeling bad on the very same day? THIS CAN'T BE A COINCIDENCE 

Incubation periods on crack.

It does sound like he had allergy symptoms, but it could be from pesticides. 

Either way,  it sounds like it really sucks. 

3 hours ago, Terminal7 said:

Incubation periods on crack.

It does sound like he had allergy symptoms, but it could be from pesticides. 

Either way,  it sounds like it really sucks. 

I love hearing the diagnostic opinions of the people here. Because something neurological like diaphoresis always happens to come with allergies. Or loss of feeling which is.. you'll never guess. Neurological.

So if it is indeed inflammation it's obviously in the brain and he's already dead.

21 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I love hearing the diagnostic opinions of the people here. Because something neurological like diaphoresis always happens to come with allergies. Or loss of feeling which is.. you'll never guess. Neurological.

So if it is indeed inflammation it's obviously in the brain and he's already dead.

Because I'm a doctor.

No, that's silly. I did not, nor did anyone else try to give a diagnosis.  We gave suggestions to what it might be based off of the information we were given. We don't have access to Nova's medical records, so assuming it's a neurological issue is a pretty far-fetched "diagnosis", especially from people who probably aren't even certified to make one. Many people have allergies, so it's safer to assume that it was allergies - for us, anyway.

Thanks for the debait, or whatever the fuck this is.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

Because I'm a doctor.

No, that's silly. I did not, nor did anyone else try to give a diagnosis.  We gave suggestions to what it might be based off of the information we were given. We don't have access to Nova's medical records, so assuming it's a neurological issue is a pretty far-fetched "diagnosis", especially from people who probably aren't even certified to make one. Many people have allergies, so it's safer to assume that it was allergies - for us, anyway.

I never said it was an issue, what are you talking about? Salivation is controlled by mu opioid receptors in the parasympathetic nervous system, along with sweating and peeing. Lack of feeling, well that one should be obvious.

How does "this happens in the brain" say anything about a disorder?

Did you think it's smart to say it is allergies because lots of people have allergies? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

I fail to understand the point of picking apart reasons why OP should see a doctor when at the end of the day the conclusion is exactly the same: OP SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR.

This "argument" is one of the most pointless things I've ever read.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terminal7 said:

Because I'm a doctor.

bait indeed

6 minutes ago, Lucyfish said:

I fail to understand the point of picking apart reasons why OP should see a doctor when at the end of the day the conclusion is exactly the same: OP SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR.

Ricky's implying that Nova has cancer. Or encephalitis

he's secretly WebMD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I never said it was an issue, what are you talking about? Salivation is controlled by mu opioid receptors in the parasympathetic nervous system, along with sweating and peeing. Lack of feeling, well that one should be obvious.

How does "this happens in the brain" say anything about a disorder?

Did you think it's smart to say it is allergies because lots of people have allergies? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

Well if I misread your tone, please correct me.

"I love hearing the diagnostic opinions of the people here. Because something neurological like diaphoresis always happens to come with allergies."

At first you sound skeptical towards the posts of members here. As a result, I got defensive. A bit of anger grew. If that wasn't your intent, I don't know what to say other than sorry. 

I'll be honest, I probably misread you next statement by the way it was written. I got that you were implying that there was an issue (which you're telling me now is not what you meant), given that numbness (specifically on the arm) is not a common symptom that I've read for any allergy. The last part is nothing you mentioned but if you've read something that stated otherwise, please let me know. 

I can assure you, I know less than you about this subject. I'm ready to wave a white flag but pen, paper and a negative attitude is always ready :)

The last part of your post was nothing to get salty about.

And no, I never said that's what it was. What I told you wasn't even a definite answer. I'll say this again, i am not certified to give a diagnosis on anything. I'm only shouting out an idea based on what is common,    not because I sat and pinpointed what his problem is with justified accuracy. That's what the real doctors are for.

If I missed something, let me know and I'll try to get to it by morning. Sorry for the anger and hostility. 

1 hour ago, Lucyfish said:

Generally, you don't go see a doctor when you're feeling better.

1 hour ago, willow said:

Ricky's implying that Nova has cancer. Or encephalitis

Again, not implying it's anything at all. And no, that is ridiculous. People are misinterpreting a likely exaggerated account of the few events that took place that in all probability, aren't even related.

10 minutes ago, Terminal7 said:

If I missed something, let me know and I'll try to get to it by morning. Sorry for the anger and hostility. 

God, JACK BOY 

You're taking this WAAAY too personally.

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Again, not implying it's anything at all. And no, that is ridiculous. People are misinterpreting a likely exaggerated account of the few events that took place that in all probability, aren't even related.

ok

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

And the administration gives yet *another* example of the ideal post that is written following the rules of this forum :V

It's because no one gives a shit about what you have to say. No one respects you in any way possible. No one wants to have a debate with you because you act insufferable. 

It's much easier brush you off with a half-assed acknowledgement.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

It's because no one gives a shit about what you have to say. No one respects you in any way possible. No one wants to have a debate with you because you act insufferable. 

Well shit...

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Generally, you don't go see a doctor when you're feeling better.

Its generally a good thing to know why you got sick in the first place to avoid it in future events, especially if you have suspicions as to what caused it. For example, if someone has an allergic reaction to something their body might recover, but its still nice to find out for sure what it is one is allergic to to help avoid future episodes. Another example is that oftentimes when people have more serious ongoing illnesses symptoms may come and go. Doctors don't exist solely to make you better; they also exist to try and keep your body healthy.

If Nova were to go to the doctor and discover that it was a fluke and nothing is wrong with him, then no harm done. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ricky said:

As someone who is allergic to most fruit, occams razor can in fact be a fruit allergy. No comments on anything else, but seriously- you can have an allergic reaction to fruit you've never eaten before. It is within the realm of possibilities. As a child, a strawberry would literally kill me. As an adult, I am extremely wary of almost all fruit except- you guessed it- citrus. 

5 minutes ago, Sylver said:

How do you respond to vegans telling you to stop eating meat?

Step 1) Keep eye contact

Step 2) Order a 16 oz tbone, Medium rare

Step 3) Eat while keeping eye contact

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

I don't know what forums you're using but, obviously,  this website also doubles as WebMD.  

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

God, JACK BOY 

You're taking this WAAAY too personally.

K. I was going to sleep and didn't want just leave your reply hanging. I wouldn't do that irl , I'm not doing it here. 

If I make a mistake, i'm going to at least try to fix it.

6 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Wow, way to miss the entire point yet again. I never knew you had such strong feelings towards me, that's kind of flattering in a way <3

5 hours ago, Lemon said:

No comments on anything else, but seriously- you can have an allergic reaction to fruit you've never eaten before. It is within the realm of possibilities.

Well, no it's not and that does not have anything to do with whether or not you had eaten it before. What part of "this isn't an allergic reaction" can you not seem to grasp?

Numbness isn't cause by allergies.

Can't walk isn't even a symptom.

5 hours ago, Battlechili said:

If Nova were to go to the doctor and discover that it was a fluke and nothing is wrong with him, then no harm done. Better safe than sorry.

I'm guessing you like to waste a lot of time.

Actually, I don't know what to think. Do you really go to the doctor everytime you get a headache or something? Or just trying to argue?

OP seemed generally worried about what had happened with their body, so a doctor visit sounds like a decent suggestion to me.

And if OP doesn't want a doctor's visit, then they can figure that out themselves. Popping into a thread to argue about people's harmless suggestions seems needlessly confrontational to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lucyfish said:

OP seemed generally worried about what had happened with their body, so a doctor visit sounds like a decent suggestion to me.

And if OP doesn't want a doctor's visit, then they can figure that out themselves. Popping into a thread to argue about people's harmless suggestions seems needlessly confrontational to me.

As if I need to agree that every suggestion people make is good in some way, or I'm being confrontational. I'd never get confrontational with you, Lucy. You know that <3

7 hours ago, Ricky said:

As if I need to agree that every suggestion people make is good in some way, or I'm being confrontational. I'd never get confrontational with you, Lucy. You know that <3

It's not about agreeing if a suggestion is good, it's about not being a know-it-all who thinks they know what's best and devaluing peoples' harmless attempts to help someone they are concerned about.

You don't have to think a suggestion is good, but a suggestion is a suggestion. Nobody is telling the OP what to do. They're just suggesting things. I could suggest the OP stuff a lampshade in their dickhole and sing the macarena and it wouldn't cause any harm because OP can make decisions for themselves.

You're just kinda poorly armchair doctoring, and it's a little pointless and it's making people dislike you.

You're just kinda poorly armchair doctoring, and it's a little pointless and it's making people dislike you.

You have to be kidding me. You don't need an MD to tell people here they are wrong. I'm not going to apologize for saying it's a waste of time to go see a doctor when you are healthy but felt bad for a bit, because frankly I am right. It would make more sense to take note of it and ask at your next appointment. FFS this should be obvkius, unless people here actually go to the doctor everytime they are feeling kind of bad, which wouldn't totally surprise me.

I'm not sure what in the world gave you the idea that I'm here to make people like me. I've never done that and frankly I say what others don't because they care too much about that and just tell them what they want to hear.

In this case you have a thread titled "I almost died". If that isn't a clue they just MIGHT BE exaggerating I don't know what is. Yet, everyone seemed to miss that fact because well, furries. I won't bother with the rest of it. You all can figure that out.

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You have to be kidding me. You don't need an MD to tell people here they are wrong. I'm not going to apologize for saying it's a waste of time to go see a doctor when you are healthy but felt bad for a bit, because frankly I am right. It would make more sense to take note of it and ask at your next appointment. FFS this should be obvkius, unless people here actually go to the doctor everytime they are feeling kind of bad, which wouldn't totally surprise me.

I'm not sure what in the world gave you the idea that I'm here to make people like me. I've never done that and frankly I say what others don't because they care too much about that and just tell them what they want to hear.

In this case you have a thread titled "I almost died". If that isn't a clue they just MIGHT BE exaggerating I don't know what is. Yet, everyone seemed to miss that fact because well, furries. I won't bother with the rest of it. You all can figure that out.

Uhm, yes, you actually absolutely do need to have some medical training to be making claims like that, lol. You have just as much experience and input as anybody else here, so I guarantee you do not have the training and expertise needed to debunk anybody's suggestions here. You have just as much information as anybody else. If OP doesn't need to see a doctor, OP can figure that out for themselves. You are not a doctor, you are not a professional, and quite frankly your confidence in your ability to make medical decisions for people is very worrying, since you have utterly no experience.

Your playing of the devil's advocate isn't adding anything, it's just creating conflict where it is completely unnecessary. What are you fighting for, to save the OP a few hours and a $25 appointment fee? Why do you care so much about that, when the OP most likely does not? Is "wasted time" really that big of a deal to you? You're acting like the OP scheduling a doctor's visit is like, going to ruin their life or something. Your passion for debunking people's suggestions just makes you come off as begging for a fight.

Also, if you don't care if nobody likes you, then maybe socializing isn't the thing for you?

• Like 1

Uhm, yes, you actually absolutely do need to have some medical training to be making claims like that, lol. You have just as much experience and input as anybody else here, so I guarantee you do not have the training and expertise needed to debunk anybody's suggestions here.

I wold love to talk Science with you Lucy. I didn't know you and everyone else here were that well versed in it. What's your Skype?