I want to drop out of college

Cross

I'm so done with it, I just don't feel motivated anymore to do it, I couldn't care less about the shit they want me to learn, and I still feel this pressure to go and do it anyway, I'm not even studying anymore, I get up every day at 4 pm or later and hardly go to classes, and it's because there only 1 or 2 subjects I'm really interested in, then why? Why I'm still doing this shit? I feel stuck, like I want to move on with my life but I can't because I have all these subjects, classes and exams I got to learn and approve and I'm so sick of it, I don't want to spend all my years sitting at desk with my face in a book, studying shit I don't want to learn to approve exams I don't give a fuck about, and all for what? Success? Money? Acceptance? I don't care for any of those things and I don't want to waste all my time in that, I'm too old for this shit, and I'm only 22, I just want to go places and meet chicks, and not be stuck in here with all this bullshit.

Who payed for your college fees? If your parents paid for your college, that would be a real dick move to just drop out and not do something to pay them back/return the favor.

If I paid for them myself I wouldnt be skipping classes n shit.. But if you paid for them, do what you want.

• Like 3

Protip: If you cant handle the courseload, find an alternative?

Want a quick job and to "get on with life"?

Try two year courses, job training, or job certification courses

With a two year course you get in get out quickly, even if you have to suffer two years of your life working hard...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, grassfed said:

Who payed for your college fees? If your parents paid for your college, that would be a real dick move to just drop out and not do something to pay them back/return the favor.

If I paid for them myself I wouldnt be skipping classes n shit.. But if you paid for them, do what you want.

No one, college is free in my country.

13 minutes ago, willow said:

I guess it kind of depends on why you're in school in the first place. if you're just there to say you went to college, then dropping out wouldn't be a bad decision

I'm only studying cause my parents wanted me to do it, but i'll rather be playing music.

I have actually been studying 2 things for the last years, sound and music, early this year I started to play the viola and I was really into it, but I had to quit it because college was consuming a lot of my time, now I'm thinking I made the wrong choice.

What I truly like, and I consider my passion is music, but is not lucrative, and I'll most likely won't be able to make a living out of it, and so my parents and everybody insisted me in continuing my studies in sound, but I'm bored and I don't care for it anymore, it doesn't fill me at all and it doesn't make me feel anything.

4 minutes ago, Cross said:

No one, college is free in my country.

I'm immensely jealous

When I'm done I'm going to be like 30k-40k in debt.

I'm not saying you should do something you don't enjoy, but keep in mind that you've got a free pass to a higher education. It'd be a shame to let it go.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Protip: If you cant handle the courseload, find an alternative?

Want a quick job and to "get on with life"?

Try two year courses, job training, or job certification courses

With a two year course you get in get out quickly, even if you have to suffer two years of your life working hard...

I actually do have done one of those, I've studied sound for 2 years and then continued my studies in the university, I'm a sound tech and I'm perfectly able to work, though I don't have any time for it, cause I have to study, go to classes, ect.

8 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I know a guy who dropped out of his university course.

Now he's a depressed jobless potato who lives with his parents and is begging the university to take him back on.

Well, that's fucking inspiring, sucks for him I guess.

I'm immensely jealous

When I'm done I'm going to be like 30k-40k in debt.

I'm not saying you should do something you don't enjoy, but keep in mind that you've got a free pass to a higher education. It'd be a shame to let it go.

Yea, I'm aware of that, but I'll rather be doing something I do enjoy that just conforming because of that, it's like buying something you don't want just because it's on sale.

26 minutes ago, Cross said:

I'm only studying cause my parents wanted me to do it, but i'll rather be playing music.

I have actually been studying 2 things for the last years, sound and music, early this year I started to play the viola and I was really into it, but I had to quit it because college was consuming a lot of my time, now I'm thinking I made the wrong choice.

What I truly like, and I consider my passion is music, but is not lucrative, and I'll most likely won't be able to make a living out of it, and so my parents and everybody insisted me in continuing my studies in sound, but I'm bored and I don't care for it anymore, it doesn't fill me at all and it doesn't make me feel anything.

not entirely sure how your school works, but how many hours do you take? because maybe you just need to cut back on what you're doing

1 hour ago, willow said:

not entirely sure how your school works, but how many hours do you take? because maybe you just need to cut back on what you're doing

Right now, very little, because I stopped going to a lot of classes, but I used to go like 4 hours in the morning, and then in the afternoon again everyday (and all time it takes me to practise several instruments and band practises) cause I was doing both careers simultanly, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But I have made my mind now and I'm done with sound, so I'll just focus on music now.

Atleast, until I burn this city to ashes, and retire to the woods to be high all day long

18 minutes ago, evan said:

sounds? tell me your secrets, what specifically is your major and intended field currently?

Licenciatura en tecnologias aplicadas al arte sonoro, don't really know how to translate it to english, but it's something like sound engineering, I liked the idea of recording music albums, or doing the sound stuff for music shows, which I can do, but not in an ultra pro way like I'll be able to do if I finish my studies.

I know how to do the recording, mixing, mastering, editing, ect, for songs or audio files, I also got some knowledge in video stuff but mainly on the sound area, of course if I decided to keep studing I'll probably do it better but I not interested in it anymore.

11 minutes ago, Cross said:

Right now, very little, because I stopped going to a lot of classes, but I used to go like 4 hours in the morning, and then in the afternoon again everyday (and all time it takes me to practise several instruments and band practises) cause I was doing both careers simultanly, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. But I have made my mind now and I'm done with sound, so I'll just focus on music now.

Atleast, until I burn this city to ashes, and retire to the woods to be high all day long

Yeah it might just be better if you just focused on the music if that's what you're really into. maybe do sound engineering on the side or something idk

13 minutes ago, Cross said:

Licenciatura en tecnologias aplicadas al arte sonoro, don't really know how to translate it to english, but it's something like sound engineering, I liked the idea of recording music albums, or doing the sound stuff for music shows, which I can do, but not in an ultra pro way like I'll be able to do if I finish my studies.

i think your current choices are fair. as far as i know, it's not encouraged to try to do professional music and sound engineering simultaneously. in fact my first lecture on the topic involved that fact : "don't expect to do both professionally"

i did something similar but different recently. i loved teaching but i was awfully busy and hated going to school, skipped often. i tried to compose as well, and i started realizing that i had about obtained all of the education information i had wanted and that it wasn't the calling i wanted, no way. so now i'm a composition major and i'm focused on what i can excel at ;  this completely changed my perspective on school as a whole because i feel as though i am capable of taking this a long way and not feel as though i'm arbitrarily doing work just to get paper.

the thing is, if you're a musician, that's how you have to approach the field anyways. if you decide you love music and want to pursue it professionally, it is 100% possible but requires you to love commitment. if you think you're willing to focus on music, you have to start inverting what's happening with sound engineering. getting a degree in music is actually very much a viable option, but it's because you're using the resources that the university gives you, which you must capitalize on.

that's just my two cents as a current music-studying person.

btw, @Lucyfish, as much as i appreciate your valid pessimism about the american education system, i go to a school where an extremely high percentage of our music students end up employed and that's a key point of our program. systematic examples of degree programs being bad is inequivalent to programs that work extremely well, and discarding the idea of getting a degree altogether is often bad advice for a large number of employment options.

• Like 4

but again i gotta emphasize one thing;

i've been where you are and you gotta get out of it. it makes everything significantly worse than it actually is, period. 

however, leaving school is not the only option. please consider looking into their school of music; that's my opinion.

• Like 1

if you're not going to classes, don't care what you're learning, not doing well

what's the difference between dropping out now or failing and then dropping out later

you're wasting your own time staying if you don't want or care to be there

the one advantage that going straight into the work force from highschool has over college is that you get into a workplace faster and build up seniority over people your own age who are coming out of college to enter your workplace

the worst possible outcome for you is to spend however many years in college and have nothing to show for it

drop out now or switch degrees. You mentioned having a few subjects that interest you, keep pursuing those for a liberal arts degree (basically just whatever gen eds you choose until you have enough credits to graduate)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, evan said:

i think your current choices are fair. as far as i know, it's not encouraged to try to do professional music and sound engineering simultaneously. in fact my first lecture on the topic involved that fact : "don't expect to do both professionally"

i did something similar but different recently. i loved teaching but i was awfully busy and hated going to school, skipped often. i tried to compose as well, and i started realizing that i had about obtained all of the education information i had wanted and that it wasn't the calling i wanted, no way. so now i'm a composition major and i'm focused on what i can excel at ;  this completely changed my perspective on school as a whole because i feel as though i am capable of taking this a long way and not feel as though i'm arbitrarily doing work just to get paper.

the thing is, if you're a musician, that's how you have to approach the field anyways. if you decide you love music and want to pursue it professionally, it is 100% possible but requires you to love commitment. if you think you're willing to focus on music, you have to start inverting what's happening with sound engineering. getting a degree in music is actually very much a viable option, but it's because you're using the resources that the university gives you, which you must capitalize on.

that's just my two cents as a current music-studying person.

Yea, that's kind of a similar situation, I'm actually composing rock/metal songs and that's where I feel really focused and inspired, I can go as far as to be lots and lots of hours just making music and don't even noticing about it, I have actually skipped classes to not disturb the thought process when I was really into it, though my college is classically oriented, which is fine, because I also love classical music and I like the piano, but I also want to continue with the viola and get into an orchestra some day. The problem I have is that there are so many things I want to do, and so little time to actually do them, and as I already know how to record and mix my songs I don't really have the need to go much farther than that with sound, also I'm already qualified to work with that and I have already did, but I want so much more than that.

My parents paid for the lion's share of a part of my college. I dropped out by taking a leave and finding a job. It largely depends on what you want to do: I have a tech job so a degree was a lot less important. Music is similar, of course.

Even if college is "free" where you are, it still costs you in time and opportunity. If you can make a reasonable plan for what to do instead of college, then, godspeed! should it work or not.

Just now, Cross said:

Yea, that's kind of a similar situation, I'm actually composing rock/metal songs and that's where I feel really focused and inspired, I can go as far as to be lots and lots of hours just making music and don't even noticing about it, I have actually skipped classes to not disturb the thought process when I was really into it, though my college is classically oriented, which is fine, because I also love classical music and I like the piano, but I also want to continue with the viola and get into an orchestra some day. The problem I have is that there are so many things I want to do, and so little time to actually do them, and as I already know how to record and mix my songs I don't really have the need to go much farther than that with sound, also I'm already qualified to work with that, I have already did in fact.

what i've found is that i've worked hard enough on things that i can make time committed towards certain tasks smaller and smaller, meaning that i can do more of the things i want to in smaller time portions and then do more of the things i want. that's what i think is the important thing to learn; people think they need to learn how to play difficult pieces, how to be extremely like good to the point where they can keep doing harder things, but in my mind you have to learn how to get good in such a way where you can distribute yourself among things and then learn what you care the most about. 

it's an extremely difficult thing to develop and violin is highly competitive, but i think in your situation you have to build a base where you are efficient with your necessities and then use your compartments of free time to build upon your other interests.

for example i'm a classically trained percussionist, but i try to fill in spaces with chiptune composition. it was slow at first but once i learned how to apply what i was learning in a way where i could finish things quickly and make time, i could get my orchestra work done pretty quick and then also spend some time digging into chiptunes. you have to find your balance and push it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, evan said:

what i've found is that i've worked hard enough on things that i can make time committed towards certain tasks smaller and smaller, meaning that i can do more of the things i want to in smaller time portions and then do more of the things i want. that's what i think is the important thing to learn; people think they need to learn how to play difficult pieces, how to be extremely like good to the point where they can keep doing harder things, but in my mind you have to learn how to get good in such a way where you can distribute yourself among things and then learn what you care the most about. 

it's an extremely difficult thing to develop and violin is highly competitive, but i think in your situation you have to build a base where you are efficient with your necessities and then use your compartments of free time to build upon your other interests.

for example i'm a classically trained percussionist, but i try to fill in spaces with chiptune composition. it was slow at first but once i learned how to apply what i was learning in a way where i could finish things quickly and make time, i could get my orchestra work done pretty quick and then also spend some time digging into chiptunes. you have to find your balance and push it.

That's actually some pretty good advise

But, I also have the problem that I'm already on the second part of the year, and if I want to get on with the music stuff I have to wait until next year, as I have already neglected a lot of it by focusing on the other stuff. I'm kind of late in piano and I need to approve it to pass to the next year, I may as well start with that.

Given that you have posted pictures bragging about abusing drugs and wasting police officers' time I am very surprised that you're in college. ._.
University is not about waking up at 16:00 and attending maybe a couple of classes. I work 12 hour days of studying in the run up to exams.

Not everybody is lucky enough to live in countries where University level education is free. It is an affront to the rest of us, who have to pay huge sums, that you do not seem to appreciate the value of your education; plenty of the rest of us would kill for a free education.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Given that you have posted pictures bragging about abusing drugs and wasting police officers' time I am very surprised that you're in college. ._.
University is not about waking up at 16:00 and attending maybe a couple of classes. I work 12 hour days of studying in the run up to exams.

Not everybody is lucky enough to live in countries where University level education is free. It is an affront to the rest of us, who have to pay huge sums, that you do not seem to appreciate the value of your education; plenty of the rest of us would kill for a free education.

Are you telling me that no college student has ever abused drugs? Sorry not buying it.

Yea, guess I'm lucky to live in the third world, it must suck to live in europe or us and have to pay for stuff

We have murders every day, and politics that fucks us all in the daily basis, and druglords controlling the police and everyones lives, and everything is expensive as shit... a bunch of other nasty stuff, but hey, atleast I have free education, suck it murica (?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saxon said:

University is not about waking up at 16:00

he literally made this post to say that he is fully aware that this is a sign of him not giving a shit and you're lecturing him on it as though he's not aware of it and not trying to improve or come up with a solution.

sure i'd kill for a free education but get outta here with this affront bullshit. especially when i've worked way more hours than that and i've STILL ended up in the position he has before because career insecurity is highly destructive to the psyche of a student.  

i understand why you're offended but man you just choose the wrong times to be a dick. such a waste of a post.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cross said:

Are you telling me that no college student has ever abused drugs? Sorry not buying it.

Yea, guess I'm lucky to live in the third world, it must suck to live in europe or us and have to pay for stuff

I'm telling you that college students who spend their time abusing drugs and partying instead of studying hard are a disgrace and that for each one of them there are 5 other people, who would have worked diligently, who were not lucky enough to receive a place at university.

Just...the overwhelming sense of entitlement is amazing. If you want to make something of college then start studying hard. If you don't want to take advantage of your very privileged position, that you receive free higher education, then move out of the way and let somebody who will take your place.

he literally made this post to say that he is fully aware that this is a sign of him not giving a shit and you're lecturing him on it as though he's not aware of it and not trying to improve or come up with a solution.

sure i'd kill for a free education but get outta here with this affront bullshit. especially when i've worked way more hours than that and i've STILL ended up in the position he has before because career insecurity is highly destructive to the psyche of a student.  

i understand why you're offended but man you just choose the wrong times to be a dick. such a waste of a post.

Cross has made posts bragging about getting into brawls with police after taking LSD. He is like...the antithesis of what a college student should be and he is moaning about how shitty his time is and how he might quit?

If I did that I wouldn't have to quit; I would be expelled immediately.

9 minutes ago, Cross said:

That's actually some pretty good advise

But, I also have the problem that I'm already on the second part of the year, and if I want to get on with the music stuff I have to wait until next year, as I have already neglected a lot of it by focusing on the other stuff. I'm kind of late in piano and I need to approve it to pass to the next year, I may as well start with that.

i've got some piano study books from my classes and need to study as well. keep in touch, there may be some options we can pursue in getting you back on track.

all i can say is that some people who shared my degree ended up taking 6 years and still feeling like they were able to contribute well. my friend is now a very successful teacher who is renowned for her progress, but she got her education degree at the end of her 20's because of past decisions leading her down the wrong career path. it's never impossible.

keep in mind, though, i am overly optimistic, but you do have to be willing to look at the potential of the route before dismissing it. make solid attempts, put all of yourself into it and then figure out what can be done from there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Cross has made posts bragging about getting into brawls with police after taking LSD. He is like...the antithesis of what a college student should be and he is moaning about how shitty his time is and how he might quit?

and i'm sure you turning your nose up to him when he suggests an interest in better solutions is doing wonders.

• Like 2

Just now, evan said:

and i'm sure you turning your nose up to him when he suggests an interest in better solutions is doing wonders.

To be honest, after his comments, I don't care about him. I care about the other students who didn't get the place which he is occupying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evan said:

i've got some piano study books from my classes and need to study as well. keep in touch, there may be some options we can pursue in getting you back on track.

all i can say is that some people who shared my degree ended up taking 6 years and still feeling like they were able to contribute well. my friend is now a very successful teacher who is renowned for her progress, but she got her education degree at the end of her 20's because of past decisions leading her down the wrong career path. it's never impossible.

keep in mind, though, i am overly optimistic, but you do have to be willing to look at the potential of the route before dismissing it. make solid attempts, put all of yourself into it and then figure out what can be done from there.

Thank you man, means a lot, seriously.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I'm telling you that college students who spend their time abusing drugs and partying instead of studying hard are a disgrace and that for each one of them there are 5 other people, who would have worked diligently, who were not lucky enough to receive a place at university.

Just...the overwhelming sense of entitlement is amazing. If you want to make something of college then start studying hard. If you don't want to take advantage of your very privileged position, that you receive free higher education, then move out of the way and let somebody who will take your place.

Everybody here receives free higher education, and everybody can do whatever they want with it. You think no college students do drugs and get into messes? Well, you are wrong, and probably don't know a lot of people then, but I do, I know very successful students who had done drugs, and they are fine, we don't even has LSD here, we have X25 or Nbone or some shit like that, a real privilege would be to have real quality drugs other than these stuff.

You think is so great to be a college student, and study all day, and don't do anything at all, good for you, but everybody else has lives to live, and we don't care what you think.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

To be honest, after his comments, I don't care about him. I care about the other students who didn't get the place which he is occupying.

You don't get it, don't you? I'm not taking any other student place, it's free man, anyone can go to college and learn stuff, there is not a limit for people

You don't even think that what you're doing is wrong, do you, Cross? 

5 minutes ago, Cross said:

You don't get it, don't you? I'm not taking any other student place, it's free man, anyone can go to college and learn stuff, there is not a limit for people

There are a limited number of places at Universities, regardless of whether they are free or not. There are not enough places for everybody to go to them. Students apply to the Universities and the Universities accept the students they think will be best, and have to reject the rest because there is not enough room for everyone.

If you don't work hard and make the most of a University placement, then those other applicants lost out for nothing. :\

6 minutes ago, Cross said:

And you think what you do is the right? Who are you? Jesus? What gives YOU the right to decide what is right and wrong?

Taking drugs and getting into fights with police officers is wrong. One does not need to be Jesus Christ to know that.

I have seen students cheat their way into Universities by using private school connections to cover up their bad grades. I have seen students take intellect-enhancing drugs in an attempt to improve their grades. I have seen students try to organise mass-cheating on their assignment hand ins, so that they didn't have to attend practical classes.

Having seen so much of this, my blood boils when people behave as though they are entitled to higher education. :\
I am just going to have to stop replying to this, because I literally can't contain how angry this makes me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saxon said:

There are a limited number of places at Universities, regardless of whether they are free or not. There are not enough places for everybody to go to them. Students apply to the Universities and the Universities accept the students they think will be best, and have to reject the rest because there is not enough room for everyone.

If you don't work hard and make the most of a University placement, then those other applicants lost out for nothing. :\

Read closely and pay attention, cause I am not repeating this anymore, there are enough places for everybody, universities here accept all the students who apply for it, nobody gets out of it. I don't how your universities work over there, but we here are not a bunch of douches who pick only the best and trash everybody else.

21 minutes ago, Cross said:

And you think what you do is the right? Who are you? Jesus? What gives YOU the right to decide what is right and wrong?

At some point even Jesus was wrong.

Nobody can ever be "right" anymore.

Do whatever you want, your decision will not affect us anyways. Like @Another Ampers& said, there's no point in staying in if it doesn't interest you and you fail anyways.

Take a moment and rethink your decisions. While drugs aren't on the "wrong" track, they surely are not on the right one either. Take 2 steps back and maybe start all over from the beginning.

4 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Having seen so much of this, my blood boils when people behave as though they are entitled to higher education. :\
I am just going to have to stop replying to this, because I literally can't contain how angry this makes me.

In many countries, higher education is literally a general entitlement. You should know this.

• Like 1

Just now, Onnes said:

In many countries, higher education is literally a general entitlement. You should know this.

Even in places like Finland, higher education is delivered at the expense of the tax payer, so students should at least feel obliged to work hard and meet minimum academic criteria to enter higher Academic institutions.

• Like 1

I mean, it's literally not for everyone, no matter whether you pay for it or not.

If you feel like continuing your education, go for it, go no holds barred and do it.

If not, then jump in head first and love it.

You do you mate, because, in the end, only you can decide what's best for yourself.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

Taking drugs and getting into fights with police officers is wrong. One does not need to be Jesus Christ to know that.

Yea right, study is good, fighting and doing drugs is bad, get the fuck out of here with your shitty morality, you are not good and you have no right to say what is good and what is not.

Police here are bunch of corrupted, criminal, pieces of shit, they broke my fucking arm for no reason, I wasn't harming no one, and I hadn't broke anything nor done anything really wrong, I was being loud, and I was high as fuck, but I wasn't a danger and I didn't attack nobody but they anyway decided that it was best to beat the fuck out of me and lock me in a jail, fucking great, very good of the forces.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

I have seen students cheat their way into Universities by using private school connections to cover up their bad grades. I have seen students take intellect-enhancing drugs in an attempt to improve their grades. I have seen students try to organise mass-cheating on their assignment hand ins, so that they didn't have to attend practical classes.

I have done any of these things, so what the fuck? Are you blaming me of something other peoples do? What the hell

Sorry man, but you are being ignorant as fuck, any of those things you said made any sense at all.

2 hours ago, Saxon said:

Even in places like Finland, higher education is delivered at the expense of the tax payer, so students should at least feel obliged to work hard and meet minimum academic criteria to enter higher Academic institutions.

Btw, that acid incident was 3 years ago, and I did well, thanks you, I have already meet the minimum academic criteria, I actually did better than many other students, with all the drugs, and alcohol and stuff, so get you head out of your ass, you are full of shit. Of course I can do drugs and still be able to learn stuff, maybe I'm that good or maybe not everybody who does drugs is a lost junkie who can't do shit, as you seem to think. Moron, ignorant, go out to the streets sometime, talk to people, get out of your own small, close-minded head.

_

Btw, thanks to everybody who actually gave a shit about this, it means a lot.

1 hour ago, Glowing Glass said:

At some point even Jesus was wrong.

Nobody can ever be "right" anymore.

Do whatever you want, your decision will not affect us anyways. Like @Another Ampers& said, there's no point in staying in if it doesn't interest you and you fail anyways.

Take a moment and rethink your decisions. While drugs aren't on the "wrong" track, they surely are not on the right one either. Take 2 steps back and maybe start all over from the beginning.

That's the whole thing man, there is not a ''right track'', no one has all the right answers, no one is better than anyone. It's all a matter of perspective, differents ways of understanding the universe, unpopular opinions are that, unpopular, but not wrong, even for criminals and murderers, everybody is doing pretty much what they think is ok, and everybody has their own sense of what is wrong and right, and any superior to any, and anyone who thinks otherwise is egocentric, fucking douche.

I'm not taking any step back, man, I'm all-in for life, good and wrong, I'm not evading suffer nor pleasure.

13 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

What do you plan on doing if you drop out, anyways?

Burn this civilization to the ground.

:V

I want to make/play music

6 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

What do you plan on doing if you drop out, anyways?

Cross mentioned he was a sound mixer/ did things with sound. He could do that?

Though, Evan gave some REALLY great advice! A lot of your rut can come from feeling bummed about not doing what you'd really like to do. Since you don't have to pay for college, you don't need to worry about "spending too much time for nothing", and can spend a little longer figuring out what you want to do. At this point I'd cut your losses, try your best effort into the classes you do have, and if you have something like an advisor that can help plot out what you'd like to do, you should do so. Maybe a gap year or two will help you clear your head?

Also, Cross, you should ignore a couple folks in the thread if they're being well.. unproductive. What doesn't make noise can't harass you. ;)

Just now, Cross said:

Burn this civilization to the ground.

:V

I'll focus in music.

har har.

In all seriousness, I'd honestly follow both Evan's and Lemon's advice up there. They covered everything I was going to say anyways.

Set some goals for yourself and do what needs to be done to complete them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cross said:

That's the whole thing man, there is not a ''right track'', no one has all the right answers, no one is better than anyone. It's all a matter of perspective, differents ways of understanding the universe, unpopular opinions are that, unpopular, but not wrong, even for criminals and murderers, everybody is doing pretty much what they think is ok, and everybody has their own sense of what is wrong and right, and any superior to any, and anyone who thinks otherwise is egocentric, fucking douche.

I'm not taking any step back, man, I'm all-in for life, good and wrong, I'm not evading suffer nor pleasure.

Haha, did you really enter on this moral relativism bullshit?

7 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Cross mentioned he was a sound mixer/ did things with sound. He could do that?

Though, Evan gave some REALLY great advice! A lot of your rut can come from feeling bummed about not doing what you'd really like to do. Since you don't have to pay for college, you don't need to worry about "spending too much time for nothing", and can spend a little longer figuring out what you want to do. At this point I'd cut your losses, try your best effort into the classes you do have, and if you have something like an advisor that can help plot out what you'd like to do, you should do so. Maybe a gap year or two will help you clear your head?

Also, Cross, you should ignore a couple folks in the thread if they're being well.. unproductive. What doesn't make noise can't harass you. ;)

Thanks mate, I do am still figuring stuff out, but so are all, yet I think I've already came to a decision.

Also I ain't afraid of a little noise, I live for conflict, I've been doing it my whole life and I have came to actually enjoy to debate and defend my position.