When Drama Goes Too Far

Victor-933

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/held-including-teen-triple-killings-california-42356679

http://ktla.com/2016/09/25/2-suspects-teen-girl-in-custody-in-fullerton-triple-murder-case-police/

also holy fucking christ you could land a C-141 Starlifter on that fucking overbite close your goddamn mouth katlynn good lord

1 hour ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Oh this is good publicity...

Who the fuck cares if they were furries? Why is everyone so fucking obsessed with that fact? M-MUH FURRY IMAGE! GOTTA PROTECT FURRY'S PUBLIC IMAGE! People are fucking dead and all people seem to care about is the fact that they were fucking furries.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Who the fuck cares if they were furries? Why is everyone so fucking obsessed with that fact? M-MUH FURRY IMAGE! GOTTA PROTECT FURRY'S PUBLIC IMAGE! People are fucking dead and all people seem to care about is the fact that they were fucking furries.

Because I obviously care about my image. I was making the observation because it's literally the the main point the first article makes in its headline.

Why do you feel that it's a moot point?

Just now, FlynnCoyote said:

Because I obviously care about my image. I was making the observation because it's literally the the main point the first article makes in its headline.

Why do you feel that it's a moot point?

Because it's selfish. People are dead but people are just bitching and moaning about furry's public image. They care more about how others will perceive them than the fact that innocent people were killed. If a person is reasonable, they'll know that not all fucking furries are murderers and they most likely won't care that you are a furry.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Because it's selfish. People are dead but people are just bitching and moaning about furry's public image. They care more about how others will perceive them than the fact that innocent people were killed. If a person is reasonable, they'll know that not all fucking furries are murderers and they most likely won't care that you are a furry.

For the record, I do not care about the Furry public image and most of my friends are already aware that I'm a furry and care about as much as I do. I feel that you've taken my post way too seriously and if I'd known you would I'd have slipped the :V in there somewhere.

And frankly, people die in that shithole of a country to violent crimes so often that I simply do not have the ability to sympathize anymore.

11 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I don't even want to talk to you.

THEN DON'T. IT'S EASY. DOES CAPS MAKE MY POINT LIKE IT DOES YOURS?

So this is how furry drama should be right? You get to the point where one person has had enough and cuts themselves out of the conversation, not go all overboard and shit and kill the other person(s) for some stupid petty disagreement.

I don't care that the people involved were furries. I don't even care that this happened because it happens literally every day in this country and hundreds of others worldwide. When people get inured to the horrible things that they see in the news every fucking day, of course it's going to be the other details that catch people's attention.

Question to the OP: Would you have posted this here if the people involved were not furries?

My guess at the answer would be no. Which is my point. That's the bit that catches the eye, because that's the bit we identify with. Pretending otherwise (or even trying to convince yourself otherwise) does not make you a morally superior person. Unless you knew these people personally, which you have not indicated, then your stakes in the matter are no different than mine. Correct me if I'm wrong on that last point, I really don't want to turn this into any more of a personal feud than I have.

• Like 1

Sad to see, as with so many various acts of violence.

Though all in all, I'd say the murder rate among furries is pretty low, as a % goes. I doubt there's many(if any?) stats on 'furry to furry' homicide, as what even defines a furry is open to debate, but this is certainly the first case I've heard of. I don't think we kill each other too often.

I'd be pissed too if they gave me a face like this.

14492579_1141915665900660_8157740329898661339_n.jpg

Also a couple other "fun" facts about this case:

Her mother was also a furry and posted things to Furaffinty and DeviantArt

Horseface (whose FA is currently suspended but archived here) posted a lot on twitter about her depression and how she would get drunk to deal with it. Most notably however, one of these drunken twitter sessions was on the day of the murder.

I've been looking into this for the last couple days and it only gets worse and worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Horseface (whose FA is currently suspended but archived here) posted a lot on twitter about her depression and how she would get drunk to deal with it. Most notably however, one of these drunken twitter sessions was on the day of the murder.

Those tweets sound more like a teenager trying to sound drunk than a teenager actually being drunk.

• Like 1

Newspapers don't care about facts, they care about 'angles'. Somebody killing somebody else, that's tragic - but it's not newsworthy. Now if one of those people is famous, you've got front-page news and you're golden. If not, you have to find something else compelling or people won't care. In this case they don't even have a grisly cause of death to go on, so they're casting around for something else to latch onto. Being a furry is an obvious thing to pick because it will turn heads. It's horrible, it's unfair, and I quite agree that the principle point is that people have died and that is tragic, but nobody bought a newspaper because of the headline "Person kills other person". "Person who did something that you think is silly kills another person" - that turns heads. Juxtaposition, you see.

It's never about the realities, it's always about what will get people's attention.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Question to the OP: Would you have posted this here if the people involved were not furries?

I didn't read anything particularly sympathetic in that OP.
Also it's the furry fandom. Naturally, things like this are going to come up in spaces like this (with a huge majority of people who identify with the fandom) than just general world events.
That's just common goddamn sense. We're not a general news hub.

OT: I saw this lastnight on Viv.
Guessing it has something to do with teeth girl possibly wanting to be? with the two 20-year-olds.
Hard to tell until more info comes out about this.

Stay classy, furries.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I'd be pissed too if they gave me a face like this.

That is a valid point, yikes. I know it's an an odd time for levity in the midst of tragedy, but holy dental bills, Batman!

Could they have found a more unflattering angle to show those choppers?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, #00Buck said:

That's it. Not only am I going to apply for a concealed carry permit for Anthrocon I'm also going to wear metal underwear and a gas mask. 

This fandom is far too dangerous to walk around unprotected. 

Kinda worried what the gasmask is for....

I don't even want to think.

Also 
https://gyazo.com/2c1ca4a9a8e229397d6c7973e592daa8

Jesus. People are actually worried about the fandom's image.

19 minutes ago, Sylver said:

I did a quick google search and found this picture of her (at least I think it's her):

12235054_1911076689117435_77893680596304

If I'm about to be on the news I'll be sure to take down any shitty photos as soon as possible.

She fucking looks like Steven Tyler

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Victor-933 said:

What is "Corrective Surgery", Alex?

Yeah!!! Let's tease the bitch until she shells out 20,000 or so and undergoes surgery to correct it to stop the teasing!

If you don't like it then maybe you should get surgery lmao lmao 

😂

21 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Back to the topic at hand, the suspects are two men. The girl is not currently being charged with murder. Just another example where people are quick to draw conclusions before checking the facts.

Typical 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Socketosis said:

You left out "cunt" and the rest of that dude's stupid shout that she cannot read because she is in jail.

XySDxNj.png

This guy has disowned his roleplay sister.

Oh no, that must be the worst part.

You can throw a furry in jail, send them hate speech,

but to lose their ROLEPLAY FAMILY?!

OH the tragedy of it all.

• Like 4

On 29 September 2016 at 1:22 AM, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

OH the tragedy of it all.

They shall die of melancholy with a wail of 'Nooooo' and the back of their hand firmly glued to their foreheads.

I, meanwhile, eagerly await the headline 'Clown murders Prostitute in Presidential Limo'.

• Like 1

For the most part, the mainstream media has been awkward-but-not-mean-spirited in its treatment of the "furry" and "cosplay" aspects of this story, but those aspects shouldn't have taken center stage in the first place.

Based on what most of us know so far, this same tragic story could've unfolded in any fandom or community--and, indeed, it has, because my neighbor's nephew is in prison for trying to help his friend cover up a crime exactly like this!

My heart aches particularly for the children in all this. I hope they're getting the support they need at this time. They lost their parents in just about the worst way possible.

In a way, I even feel bad for the suspects, having known the aforementioned guy who was complicit in a crime like this. One moment of adolescent stupidity, naivete, selfishness, and passion can ruin your life forever.

Whether she was involved or not, I feel bad for the teenage girl. Not only is the Internet having a field day with her, but if she was complicit in the crime, she'll ultimately regret (if she doesn't already) choosing an idiot boy over her parents, and if she wasn't, she'll still feel guilty for other reasons, and will have to deal with being "That Girl Who..." for the rest of her life.

Of course, it goes without saying that the comments on various news articles have been beyond disgusting, but how they've managed to be terrible and stupid has sometimes surprised me. (Oh goody, surprises. :V .)

Of course, you've got people mocking the family and the teen girl for being geeky or unattractive, edgelords celebrating the deaths of geeks or furries, and the standard snarking about furries, but now, you've also got a thousand jokers who all think their "what bathroom do they use" and "what's their preferred pronoun" jokes are fresh and original, people who say the family had it coming because they were Californian, people who say the crime occurred because of "California liberalism," and the people who seem determined to get in a dig on Trump, or even more, Hillary Clinton, no matter the topic.

(Incidentally, AOL wins the prize for Commenters Most Worthy of Forced Sterilization, and Breitbart wins the award for Weirdest Fixations and Objections.)

• Like 6

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/felix-730349-dunn-yost.html

That Cody Dunn person is quite the character.

According to someone who knew the family and talked to a news source:

My husband and I used to stay with them for few months of the year. Everyone has painted them in social media as such a nice loving family, but I’ll bet they have never been around them full time. It is the only place I have actually vehemently vetoed staying. It was a very unhealthy place for us to be and I couldn’t stand it for too long. The mother screeched and yelled all the time like a 10-year-old and was a terrible example for her children.

This doesn't surprise me unfortunately.

Also, since she was released, I wonder what her reaction will be when she finds out her FA account is suspended and all of the horrible comments the internet is making about her.

2 hours ago, Faust said:

De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

We have a tendency to say nice things about people who are dead - perhaps because on a subconscious level we're worried that they might be listening.

Better call Ghostbusters

• Like 2

I don't think this story will do much to help or hurt the fandom's reputation either way, because it doesn't readily "prime" the usual stereotypes of the fandom.

At most, the story's just triggered yet another general discussion about furries, so people who are predisposed to defending furries are doing their usual shpiel, and people who are predisposed to hating or dissing furries are doing their usual shpiel. Very few people are bothering to connect their furry rants and raves back to the original story, I've noticed.

• Like 1