General Chat/Time-Waster Thread

Sar

Im about to go into class myself, Phoenix forums is something to definitely look forward too.

I don't even want to know how big the first one was, this one breaks my mind everytime it pops up. What is it?

the exact resolution is around 1024 x 656 or something. i resized it to 50% less but it just isnt enough yet.

googled iannis xenakis' drawings to look at as well as his "scores" (he's avant garde so it notably defies western notation and is more akin to geometric shapes, thus the interest) and i came across this. turns out it isn't a xenakis, but a portrait by timm mason, who was supposedly inspired by graphic scores.

Learned about the Avant grade in art history last year, never heard of this guy. The avant grade did a lot of experimental things so I doubt we could have covered all of the artists out there. 

This talk of art makes me want to go re-watch some of the Baroque and Impressionist documentary series that  Waldemar Januszczak did. I'm more interested in the story and lives of the artists, than necessarily the art itself, though I'm certainly interested in that as well. But there's a story to these people, and it's often really interesting. 

Learned about the Avant grade in art history last year, never heard of this guy. The avant grade did a lot of experimental things so I doubt we could have covered all of the artists out there. 

that actually surprises me a little. xenakis is to some extent pretty commonly referenced in my studies, especially in modern genres.

well alright. money won't go through for purchasing the full version to get the authorization codes for lsdj, and the last update was 2013, suggesting that if it's a problem on his end, there's a chance he won't respond and i therefore can't actually get the full emulation. mild nuisance. between this, the ethernet cord breaking, and just in general things not really working out too well today, i'm just kind of annoyed.

Edited by evan

Goddammit, I'm awful at procrastinating. First I started procrastinating on some schoolwork I said I was going to do, and now I'm procrastinating on the thing I was doing to procrastinate on the work I meant to do today.

EDIT: wait, wouldn't that make me excellent at procrastinating? Because I'm doing it so well I'm double-procrastinating? I dunno. All I know is I need to force myself to do things in future instead of letting my lazy self get the better of me.

Edited by Sutekh_the_Steak

I wish I could read...

...but I have no desire to start a book, even if I'm interested in it.

Well I mean this forum is kinda like a book. A poorly written book by a mental patient off his meds, but still a book. Later on you can graduate to the backs of cereal boxes, remember baby steps.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

Well I mean this forum is kinda like a book. A poorly written book by a mental patient off his meds, but still a book. Later on you can graduate to the backs of cereal boxes, remember baby steps.

I... I've always wanted to enjoy the text on the back of a bottle of shampoo...

I am working on sculpting a Tiger and Cheetah right now and I find myself procrastinating, Any ideas for keeping me on topic? I would watch youtube while I work, but im way to interested in the content posted by the people I follow to let it play as background noise.. :/

When I need to be productive I just toss on some music or a show I've watched many times that is still somewhat interesting, but I don't need to pay much attention to it to enjoy having it around.

@Lucius: ur avatar is weerd. Am not entirely sure what is going on there and I've been staring at it for a solid 5 minutes straight trying to figure it out. 'Splain plz.

• Like 1

I am working on sculpting a Tiger and Cheetah right now and I find myself procrastinating, Any ideas for keeping me on topic? I would watch youtube while I work, but im way to interested in the content posted by the people I follow to let it play as background noise.. :/

i personally work in 15 minute periods with a 10 min rest normally. If you can't find you work well with a timer, you can look into writers prompt software.

Well yeah, that's why I always try to get the Mexican variants of sodas. Coca-Cola and PepsiCo groups in Mexico use sugar instead of corn syrup.

I know there is the Throwback line which uses real sugar and has the cool vintage design, but it is NEVER on tap.

• Vae pinned this topic