Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

10 hours ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

why does my roommate want to become a furry

update: I showed him furry tits.
He got boner.

Every time I convert someone to the furry side, I like to buy myself a nice sticker . .

You should get yourself a sticker.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2016 at 5:51 AM, Johanna Waya said:

To be fair, a lot of people drink shitty tasting things or are like me and drink tequila.

Tequila can be pretty fucking awful, for example the regular Cuervo (not the $350 a bottle familia reserve). Even Patron sucks these days. If you mean Don Julio or something though, alright. Also, do they like.. *add* salt to that 1800 shit? Yuck, I'm not a fan >.<

Alcohol isn't really *supposed to* taste good and I think if anything it could be an acquired taste since people relate the feeling of being drunk to liquor, etc. There's no masking well liquor but some things can taste less shitty enough I guess the learned response outweighs the disgust factor.

On 6/29/2016 at 2:48 AM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

why does my roommate want to become a furry

update: I showed him furry tits.
He got boner.

I'm not sure that proved more than he is into chicks ... >.>

I mean, I'd be surprised if any guy who's into chicks though Minerva Mink isn't attractive.

Your next assignment: get him into penis :V

11 minutes ago, Jayke said:

I also don't understand the appeal for Donald detrump.

Hmm.. I can be into gingers but TBH he's just.. not my type :V

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johanna Waya said:

I do not feel suicidal now, I am so confused.

It's like feeling a brand new feeling and you don't know why or if it will last or if it is the right thing to feel.

It's just fuckin weird.

Well, I hope the feeling holds, and yer OK. Have you seen anyone about this, like a therapist?

~

I was thinking that I don't understand what people are talking about when they talk about current TV shows, because I don't watch any current TV shows. I sometimes get on a kick, and will watch a series that was already out, often British ones, or maybe US ones, from the 1960s-80s, mostly, but that aside from knowing the names of a few shows, I'm utterly clueless.

The same goes for celebrities. For the longest time, I wondered why the Kardashians kept coming up so much all the time, and were so popular. I thought, 'Have Star Trek fans gone that mainstream?", then I realized that it was two different things, these rich ladies that are famous for no reason I can figure out, and a race of beings on Star Trek.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

If I punch myself and it hurts

Does that make me strong or weak?

Huh, not sure. Maybe neither? Why do you punch yourself? Maybe you feel numb to the world, mad at yourself, and do it for similar reasons that people do for cutting. Or perhaps you want a tattoo of a bruise, but can't afford one, though this seems unlikely. Or maybe, you're practicing, and don't have a punching bag? I'm curious...I don't think I ever punched myself, on purpose before.

4 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Barb, the kinky transvestite.

You get to dress hir up in boy and girl clothes and refuse to use the restroom for hir biological sex.

Though as with Ken, they have no genitals, even if the genital inspection squad checked.  

I'm not sure how they could even use a restroom! Or maybe they need a different restroom, for people with no genitals?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Though as with Ken, they have no genitals. I'm not sure how they could even use a restroom! Or maybe they need a different restroom, for people with no genitals?

Oh *these will* have genitals. That's important since the children will want to match their clothes and private parts to match their gender for the day. Haven't you hear the King Missile song? It'll sorta be like that.

DETACHABLE PENIS 

Edited by Ricky

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Oh *these will* have genitals. That's important since they are changing gender all the time. Haven't you hear the King Missile song? It'll sorta be like that.

DETACHABLE PENIS 

Each sold separately, batteries not included?

• Like 1

I don't understand why so many people on the internet are so crabby all the time.

IRL, I see some crotchety, worked up people, but on the web, they're a dime a dozen, repeating the same tired arguments ad nausea. There's hardly any use reading threads on guns, abortion, immigrants, religion and so forth, because you already know exactly what will be there, give or take. The only rewards seem not at all to be that anyone is more enlightened, but rather psychological: they either feel vindicated, superior, victimized, outraged or whatever other (psychological) reward the 'game' they are playing has to offer. It's like seeing people read from a script.

I know there is such a thing as "Internet dis-inhibition syndrome", but at times, it seems the internet is that place people go both to be miserable, and try their best to make others miserable.

• Like 2

I got a lot...

-Youtube Personalities: The idolization of Youtube celebs or big Let's Players

-Bandwagon hate on entertainment media

-Bandwagon hype on entertainment media

-The fascination of a guy like Trump for president

-SJW's and Anti-SJW's...to be honest, I hate both

-Early Access: You're buying an incomplete game that may never even complete itself

-Kickstarter: An expensive bet

-Modern gamers: The whiny, entitled, cynical ones

-Cynicism

-Black and white viewpoints on issues: why is grey forgotten?

-Kanye West..hell the whole Khardasian family in general

-Furries kidding :v

-Trends: Fuck.dabbing

-Most Internet culture: I still don't completely know what vaporware is

-Facebook

-College and the obsession America has over it

-Internet debates: one of the biggest ways to waste time

I feel so detached from the world sometimes..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

I got a lot...

-Youtube Personalities: The idolization of Youtube celebs or big Let's Players

-Bandwagon hype on entertainment media

-The fascination of a guy like Trump for president

-SJW's and Anti-SJW's...to be honest, I hate both

-Early Access: You're buying an incomplete game that may never even complete itself

-Modern gamers: The whiny, entitled, cynical ones

-Cynicism

-Black and white viewpoints on issues: why is grey forgotten?

-Kanye West..hell the whole Khardasian family in general

-Facebook

I feel so detached from the world sometimes..

I share most of these, give or take.

And I also don't have a clue what vaporware is. I thought it was a safer way to smoke pot, actually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

-Cynicism

1. Try to watch a full episode of any entertainment news shows(excluding TMZ) and you'll understand. Unless you meant media technology.
  2. Kickstarter can be useful. Very few things on it are worth throwing money at though. I don't get why people back a lot of the shit on it.
  3. It's easier to predict the bad than the good is how I see it. Bitterness from getting burned too many times doesn't help.
  4. I had to search for what that was. Looks dumb.
  5. Internet culture has gone to the dogs. What's worse is that it's spilling out into other outlets like television and even the real world. I've heard people say "el oh el" unironically. Ellen features shitty Viners on her show regularly. You can't escape from memes unless you hide in some small corner of the internet. It just hits you like a brick when you realize that this is what has become of society. Vaporwave is some weird hipstery thing that involves fascination with 80s aesthetics or something from my understanding.
  6. Money.
  7. Valid observation. I can't think of much reason other than trying to educate people or to wave your dick around. There's the really rare times that's it actually fun and interesting but I don't think I've ever encountered that on a public forum before.

3 hours ago, DevilishlyHandsome49 said:

Well, I'm not...

3 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I share most of these, give or take.

And I also don't have a clue what vaporware is. I thought it was a safer way to smoke pot, actually.

They are a brand of air tight containers in assorted shapes and sizes for you to store your weed in.

8 hours ago, LowPitchFart said:
  2. Internet culture has gone to the dogs. What's worse is that it's spilling out into other outlets like television and even the real world. I've heard people say "el oh el" unironically. Ellen features shitty Viners on her show regularly. You can't escape from memes unless you hide in some small corner of the internet. It just hits you like a brick when you realize that this is what has become of society. Vaporwave is some weird hipstery thing that involves fascination with 80s aesthetics or something from my understanding.

Yeah, i can't stand when memes get mixed in with rl to be hip or trendy. No..just no

• Like 1

Recently, two people I know who are dating each other have started talking to me about problems they have. I was okay with it at first because yeah, everyone needs to rant and complain on occasion, but then it became a regular thing. Then the questions started; "What did he say about me?" "What did she say about me?" And I'm just thinking... holy hell, can you guys NOT drag me into this?

What I don't understand is why it's so hard for some people to talk to each other and work things out instead of using a middle man. It's not healthy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkyboundTerror said:

What I don't understand is why it's so hard for some people to talk to each other and work things out instead of using a middle man. It's not healthy.

People are often afraid to say what's on their mind, either from fear of hurting the person or fear of retribution. This is not for nothing, most people also think with their wieners which makes them prone to have knee-jerk emotional responses that aren't rationally thought out.

Why rabbit is not more widely consumed as a meat, because it is tasty and delicious. I remember once at a restaurant where I did the wine list, the chef made this mouth-watering dish: Rabbit loin, sitting atop a blackberry-sage reduction, side of Yukon Gold mashed potatoes with shallots, and a few of those skinny French green beans.

But rabbit can turn out tough, if not cooked correctly; but there's two main methods that tend to work well: low and slow (low heat, long duration), or hot and fast. The consistency is about midway between chicken and pork, very pleasing flavor.

I suppose it's because we think bunnies are cute (looks at Ricky), that we don't eat them too often. Though in the 1930s and earlier, they were as common as chicken is today.

I did see a fox with a bunny in his muzzle a while ago, running alongside the railroad tracks, heading home for dinner. He knew what was tasty!

"You look [insert beautiful or handsome] just the way you are", while I can understand it to be a good sentiment, can also have the opposite effect in other contexts

Saying that implies someone who changes themself to a perspective that makes them feel good about their self image doesnt fit your perspective of how they should be. Its rude and selfish, in a sense and depending how it's said.

• Like 1

Why, despite being created by a large number of capable people, this happened:

"Our friends no long trust us." and we no long get orthography.

"We believe in the Constitution as our founding document." but then "The Declaration sets forth the fundamental precepts of American government" and they forget the AoCaPU.

"Traditional marriage and family, based on marriage between one man and one woman, is the foundation for a free society" but remember we're not bigoted because "Our ranks include Americans from every faith and tradition, and we respect the right of each American to follow his or her deeply held beliefs."

"We endorse the First Amendment Defense Act, Republican legislation in the House and Senate which will bar government discrimination against individuals and businesses for acting on the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman." but remember we're not bigoted because "Our ranks include Americans from every faith and tradition, and we respect the right of each American to follow his or her deeply held beliefs."

"The Democratic Party does not understand that coal is an abundant, clean, affordable, reliable domestic energy resource." nearly as much as we don't understand what clean means.

"The taxpayers will not soon forget the current Administration’s subsidies to companies that went bankrupt without producing a kilowatt of energy." or understanding the difference between power (kW) and energy (kWh). Damn that anti-science administration.

"God-given... God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given God-given!" but remember we're not bigoted because "Our ranks include Americans from every faith and tradition, and we respect the right of each American to follow his or her deeply held beliefs."

"Republicans believe the federal government... is constitutionally prohibited from policing or censoring speech based on religious convictions or beliefs, and  therefore we urge the repeal of the Johnson Amendment." because the Constitution never actually says that church and state are to be separate, and revoking tax-exempt status for using church resources to engage in politics infringes on our First Amendment Rights.

"As George Washington taught, “religion and morality are indispensable supports” to a free society." and the Indians should move and submit as subjects of the King so we don't have to kill them.

"We will not tolerate the use of bogus science and scare tactics to bar our products from foreign markets." because we don't give a flying fuck about your sovereignty or opinions.

• Like 1