Things That You Don't Understand!

FenrirDarkWolf

15 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Why the only bitcoin thread was locked, with the request that any discussions about bitcoin be on their own bitcoin thread. How are people supposed to plan Toronto meetups now?

We create a Toronto meet-up thread that gets derailed into bitcoin talk

• Like 1

When I let my mind wander, or when I'm deep in thought, I visualise places in my head. Like, the bus stop outside my house, or the junction outside my town's landfill site.

Different places correspond to different types of thoughts.

I do not know why this happens. But it's interested me, so I've started making notes about them on my phone. I've got details down of 20 distinct places.

22 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

When I let my mind wander, or when I'm deep in thought, I visualise places in my head. Like, the bus stop outside my house, or the junction outside my town's landfill site.

Different places correspond to different types of thoughts.

I do not know why this happens. But it's interested me, so I've started making notes about them on my phone. I've got details down of 20 distinct places.

That kind of reminds me of the method of loci.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

How is the final boss in Borderlands 2 so easy, and side mission boss battles so tough? The Vault Hunter has no problem destroying the Warrior and killing Handsome Jack but struggles to pick off an angry skag that shoots lasers from its eyes. 

I think you'll like Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

And Raid Bosses.

59 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

"Abstinence. Even better than contraception. Stop filling our foods with the hormones that make us want the sexual acts all the time"

W-what? Is there any validity to this? Just...uh...what?

The government doesn't want you to know, so they silence the media. Also, Obama is a Muslim who wants to destroy Christianity with Ebola, and vaccinations cause autism. And the government can read our minds, so be sure to wear a tinfoil hat!

32 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

To be honest, I don't understand pop music. 

You can't relax to it. You can't rock out to it. It doesn't ilicit many real emotions and any meaning to the lyrics is lost in a sea of noise

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Apparently you just dance to it. But dancing is really not my thing, so I don't see the point either.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

To be honest, I don't understand pop music. 

You can't relax to it. You can't rock out to it. It doesn't ilicit many real emotions and any meaning to the lyrics is lost in a sea of noise

all pop music is is music that's popular. because there's a bunch of songs that aren't really dance songs. Chandelier and Wrecking Ball are considered pop but are actually both pretty depressing

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, willow said:

all pop music is is music that's popular. because there's a bunch of songs that aren't really dance songs. Chandelier and Wrecking Ball are considered pop but are actually both pretty depressing

Well, you know. Since the charts flooded with this kinda stuff, the word 'pop' has sorta narrowed to describe the autotuned computer stuff we're used to hearing. Because there's no other real word for it. That's what I was going for.

All hail the electric guitar

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

I don't know about you but I can sure rock out to a little Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson goes into a shitload of categories

Soul, Disco, Funk, R&B..

But his music isn't the variety of annoying modern pop you get from synthetic corporate made groups like One Direction. And that's the shit I'm really scratching at here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

Michael Jackson goes into a shitload of categories

Soul, Disco, Funk, R&B..

But his music isn't the variety of annoying modern pop you get from synthetic corporate made groups like One Direction. And that's the shit I'm really scratching at here

Ok, good. Nobody disses my Michael Jackson pop.