DrGravitas

The game is simple! Propose two or more people (Real life or fictional) to fight to the death (additional conditions are fine, too) and the user below will tell us who wins and maybe why or how if they want, then state their own battle choices!

Example:

Poster 1: Trump v Putin

Poster 2: Putin, easy! He beat Trump into a puddle with bad haircut.

The Pope v Lucy Ricardo

Simple, no? OK, Let's go!

Wolf O'Donnell v 11,000 Norwegian wolf hunters

• Like 1

If it were a straight fight, the wolf hunters have it handled no problem. If Wolf's allowed to bring his bagfull of brightly coloured low-resolution polygons Starship to the party... well, he can probably take out about 500 of them before the invisible rails his ship is fixed to carry him out of the combat zone and he's forced to restart the level.

Who would win:
Godzilla vs. tag team partners Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

Gravitas vs a rabid crowd of murry purry furries

Gravitas. The furries would be too caught up murring each other in a mass furry orgy allowing Gravitas to infiltrate and... subvert... Whatever.

Now to incite a bit of nerd rage.

Captain Kirk vs Han Solo.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FlynnCoyote said:

Gravitas. The FUZZY :D master race would be too caught up murring each other in a mass FUZZY :D orgy allowing Gravitas to infiltrate and... subvert... Whatever.

Now to incite a bit of nerd rage.

Captain Kirk vs Han Solo.

Not gonna answer this one... But there is obviously only one answer and if you don't get it you'll be exiled from nerdom.

• Like 1

Iron Man. Predator couldn't even beat an LAPD Officer in a straight up fight. Once Tony Stark figures out what's going on and the invisibility trick, Predator's toast.

Fox McCloud and Samus Aran teamed up versus Sovereign from Mass Effect, if Mass Effect took place in the Metroid Universe

Robbie Rotten, since his only tactic and goal in life is to get people to eat junk food and I'm willing to bet Biggie Cheese will be more than happy to indulge him. Whatever happens, the end result will almost certainly be the subject of plentiful erotic fan fiction.

Santa vs. the American Postal Workers Union.

• Like 2

The unstoppable force was merely deflected off the immovable object, without stopping. The only death in the deathmatch was an old accountant who had a heart attack after he discovered that the deflected unstoppable force had plowed through his brand new Porsche. All-in-all a disappointing match and many spectators demanded a refund.

Julius Caesar vs  Napoleon, both with their best legions.

• Like 1

You'd think, given it's a deathmatch, that the young hiking enthusiast May would beat out old man Sanders. But, what you don't know is that Sanders is secretly a master of Krav Maga. It was a horrifying, brutal short show with the longest and most boring pre-match interview speeches known to man.

The Iron Giant versus Godzilla

• Like 1

Hmm tough one. I mean the Iron Giant is definitely way too nice, so Godzilla has the brutality to win. However, Ted Hughes had to put up with being married to that crazy bitch Silvia Plath, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Giant hasn't got an untapped mean streak coded into his being that only activates on contact with depressing poetry. So I reckon Godzilla wins, unless the Iron Giant's little friend starts reciting from the Bell Jar, in which case my verdict is reversed.

Either way, both participants are probably guys in rubber suits marauding around a bunch of cardboard boxes painted to look like skyscrapers.

Wolverine without his claws, vs. Justin Bieber with a megaphone.

• Like 1

Definitely Bieber with a megaphone. The sheer pain that would inflict would incapacitate anyone; Wolverine wouldn't even get a chance to use his claws; he'd be too busy covering his ears with them.

Ronald McDonald, armed with a powerful, super soaker squirt gun of used, rancid deep-frying grease VS. Mr. Clean, armed with a mop, bucket of sudsy water, and a sponge?

• Like 2

Tiblisi has endured Lenin, Stalin, Khruschev, Brezhnev, Andropov, Chernenko, Gorbachev, and Putin.  Especially Putin, who has a thing for South Ossetia and shooting journalists in the middle of live reports, but Georgia kept both.  Probably the easiest time Georgia had was when Yeltzin was their neighbor.

Meanwhile, Atlanta would fold like a wet sponge just from Putin looking at it wrong.  There was also that one peanut farmer, but he gave up his farm to go to D.C., and there hasn't been much besides CNN, the Bible Belt, and retirees going to Florida.

Edit: georgia.png

Winner: The former Soviet Peachtree Republic.

Jay Z vs. Jay and Silent Bob

Edited by ArielMT
  • Like 6

John Lennon would be shot by some American lunatic before he even swung a punch, Ringo Starr would be too drunk to focus and could only defend himself by mumbling half-remembered lines from Thomas the Tank Engine, and George Harrison would just sit quietly at the back waiting for his turn, so I reckon Paul McCartney would win that one - possibly by the cunning application of his ex-wife's terrible vegetarian cooking.

Optimus Prime vs. whoever the hell the leader of the Gobots was supposed to be.

• Like 1

I had to look it up, and I kid you not he's called Leader-1. Apparently the Go Bots franchise was eventually bought out by Hasbro and integrated as some kind of alternate universe of the Transformers. So, it seems fitting that Optimus Prime would befriend Leader-1, then sacrifice himself to save the bot he literally just met, only to have Leader-1 imitate this as well and sacrifice himself to become spare parts to repair Optimus Prime. The winner is Hasbro with a brand new hit toy: Optimus-1.

Theodore Roosevelt versus Abraham Lincoln, both in their prime.

• Like 1

Probably Roosevelt, because he seems so frenetic and blustery, and Lincoln seems so measured and calm. But perhaps Lincoln would somehow fool Roosevelt.

@DrGravitas armed with 10 gallons of peanut butter and a slingshot, or @Kosha armed with 10 gallons of Molasses, and a special 'water' cannon with which to fire it?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrGravitas said:

I'm pretty sure I'd win, but why do we have to fight it out in these skimpy bathing suits? How come the arena's built in a nightclub? And what's with all the Xs in the title and banners? 

Gengis Khan vs King Arthur

(minor details, minor details!)

I'll go with Gengis Khan...he just seems meaner. Without the Knights of the Round-table, I'm not sure how well Arthur would fare, all in all, especially as I see him at an advanced age, and more a tactition, than a lone actor. (At least in my limited imaginings of such legends)

~

Big Bird Vs. Oscar the Grouch

18 minutes ago, Fossa-Boy said:

I'll go with Gengis Khan...he just seems meaner. Without the Knights of the Round-table, I'm not sure how well Arthur would fare, all in all, especially as I see him at an advanced age, and more a tactition, than a lone actor. (At least in my limited imaginings of such legends)

Well, 'Arthur' is thought to originate in the word 'Ursa' meaning 'Bear', so he was most likely a big hairy gay man.

Ok, Big Bird vs. Oscar. I reckon this one would go to Oscar. Sure, Big Bird has the weight advantage and Oscar only has one arm to fight back with, but the Grouchster is WAY meaner, his single fist is right at the height of Big Bird's groin, and to top it all he's got armour. So long as he's not drunk that day, I reckon Oscar has this one in the bag.

Isombard Kingdom Brunel vs. MacGuyver.

• Like 1

Brunel is one of my all-time favorite historical engineers, but he works on grand scales that would help him little in a straight-up fight. MacGuyver would be able to devise ingenious (sometimes ludicrous) crap to give him an  edge, but he's also pretty pacifistic. They work together to escape the madmen who tried to force them to fight to the death, while saving the some random people being threatened with death after MacGuyver fakes his death.

Anthropomorphic personifications of C++ and C#

• Like 1

One has fought the supernatural while the other typically fights more mundane threats like smugglers. You'd think the furious five would have an easy time with the british boys, but you'd be mistaken. It's a hard slog with casualties on both sides; the famous five make them work for that final victory.

Anthro rabbit with knives and swords versus anthro fox with a net and trident, both fighting without armor.

Edited by DrGravitas
Decided part of that could make some people uncomfortable
  • Like 1

Nigel Farage beats on Corbyn's whimpering, supine body for five or ten minutes with no appreciable effect before his head explodes from sheer prejudice. The remains are rigged with an electronic skeleton and sent to America where the cybernetic corpse is resurrected as...

...Robo-Border-Patrolman!
"Hop it, Foreigners!"

Big Ben converted into a war mech with arms, legs and missiles, versus the Pyramid of Cheops, converted into a gigantic tank with a huge cannon.

• Like 1