Warning discussion

Ayattar

Hold on. I can understand trying to change things from the inside. I do.

And shin-kicking isn't exactly condusive for making the admins like Neer listen to your concerns.

However, I'm kinda surprised you held on to that glimmer of hope as long as you did. Maybe I'm a cynical, pessimistic person, but I'd have given up straight after a zoophile was added to the team. D:

Edited by Ansitru
  • Like 1

Toshabi, if it weren't for Kalmor, we wouldn't even have the transparency scandal with Renashe. If it weren't for that, Neer wouldn't have grown nervous about that stupid NDA shit that caused the mods to leave FAF. Which resulted in Phoneix. 

Kalmor has caused a great deal of positive change for this community. He and Careneth are most responsible for getting out from Neer's fat thumb. 

You rarely show anyone any respect on forums (in fact you go too far a lot) and that's your privilege. But Kalmor has worked hard for this community. And he's earned mine. 

• Like 2

A lot of people don't know this, but I'm the puppet master of FAF/Phoenix.

Looking how Clayton was penalized some time ago for you getting on him, I could believe that.

It was another example on how biased mods are. Enough to say few things they don't agree with or don't like personally, and you can be perfectly sure, that you'll get on a spotlight. I don't need to search too far, to find other examples, albeit they aren't accessible by now, and I doubt there would be anyone who remembers them.

Enough to say, that to have a post containing following statement: "f*ck you, you nazi f*ckwit with a chainsaw in your f*cking face, you piece of shit" edited (edited, cause I could forget about the poster getting penalized, despite me recieving my "reward" for less offensive things, bah, OPINIONS, in the same thread) I needed to report it 4 times. Only because it was written by the forum's favourite misandric feminazi. Or with how Clayton was banned for "abusing the report button" only after other mod told him to report posts that moderators weren't willing to take care of by themselves.

You're full of it. Simple as that. It's why I won't respect you, internet wise. Ever. 

Yeah, and here, silly me, for few weeks believed that Kalmor was a human

You can.

Get ignored at best.

Toshabi, if it weren't for Kalmor, we wouldn't even have the transparency scandal with Renashe. 

Kalmor acted only because his furriend got rekd.

Okay...why is this such a big deal right now? OP posted something worth a warning and the topic got closed. A 0 point warning. What was the point of even making this thread, other than to cause a scene?

Because it's a matter of what is right and what is not. If the decision was right, I wouldn't question it.

Edited by Ayattar

Ayatar's 'I should be able to post as many dick pics into threads as I want!' stance is PROBABLY a sign of his choice to publicly discuss his infractions backfiring...

Well, it did get a discussion going, at least!

Toshabi, if it weren't for Kalmor, we wouldn't even have the transparency scandal with Renashe. If it weren't for that, Neer wouldn't have grown nervous about that stupid NDA shit that caused the mods to leave FAF. Which resulted in Phoneix. 

Kalmor has caused a great deal of positive change for this community. He and Careneth are most responsible for getting out from Neer's fat thumb. 

You rarely show anyone any respect on forums (in fact you go too far a lot) and that's your privilege. But Kalmor has worked hard for this community. And he's earned mine. 

I didn't too involved in the whole banning debacle, because I was too busy at the time, but from the sidelines it didn't seem as if anyone gave shit until Kalmor got banned.

Ayatar's 'I should be able to post as many dick pics into threads as I want!' stance is PROBABLY a sign of his choice to publicly discuss his infractions backfiring...

I guess you haven't seen a single dick in your entire life, if you believe that they have those little smiling faces on top.

Wrong. That shit woulda gotten through regardless. And what more, the NDA photo ID bullshit would've caused the dominos to fall regardless. I won't say Kalmor didn't contribute to the great shitstorm we just had, he did his part, but what I'm dick slapping him on is this "HOHOHO I WAS A NINJA REBEL ALL THIS TIME LOLZ LOOKAT THIS THREAD!". He felt that way and yet, continued to defend Neer and Chase any chance he got in those site discussion threads. Even at ground zero, he was quick to pat Neer's ass, This every post he made and shake his finger at any nay sayers.

If anything, he hopped on the rebel train because someone he liked got smacked. That makes him more "tool" than "mighty warrior" if anything, to sum it up in simpler terms.

Edited by Toshabi
  • Like 1

I'm just gonna leave this picture I made for an old FAF topic where the person who created the topic made it a bigger deal than it really was. You can change some words around and get a good idea of what the picture is trying to say

Bitch_Cycle.thumb.jpg.a2d7bbcbb03b9322a6

Edited by DevilishlyHandsome49

And you couldn't have just...oh I don't know...talked to Kalmor privately about it?

No. Because I got through it on FAF. All you can count on is "don't waste our time, those are the rules, we interpret them as we see fit, if you don't like it, you can write a ticket to Chase or Dragoneer and question it there, lol" kind of response.

Toshabi, do a favor and just shut the fuck up. You are not making yourself look any better, and you aren't doing anything meaningful. For fucks sake, drop it.

You aren't contributing and aren't involved in the case either, so maybe you'll do that as well?

Toshabi, most of the forum staff were not in total synergy with Neer and Chase. But they all worked for him despite Chase's overtake of the forums. They knew the forums better than any other stooge Neer would have replaced them with. All of them. Mentova, Oz, Taralack, and Kal. You can't just way your finger at Kal and not do the same with the others. And you're fond of the others. That makes no sense. 

I dont know why Kal of all people gets under your skin. 

Toshabi, most of the forum staff were not in total synergy with Neer and Chase. But they all worked for him despite Chase's overtake of the forums. They knew the forums better than any other stooge Neer would have replaced them with. All of them. Mentova, Oz, Taralack, and Kal. You can't just way your finger at Kal and not do the same with the others. And you're fond of the others. That makes no sense. 

I dont know why Kal of all people gets under your skin. 

The thing that's bothering me is him saying "I was rebel all along lolz". Like he wants us to believe so hard that he was always this watchful savior of us all, when in reality, he was blowing Neer and Chase up until the great fiasco of 2015. That's what's bothering me, that's what I'm slapping him on. That and his constant need to be the first to say "He got banned before so he's under watch", which he's done twice on reformed FAF and once on Phoenix now.

And he's the only mod to do this that's what chap's my hide. Some call it a teenage power trip. I'd gotto agree with that sentiment. 

Edited by Toshabi
  • Like 1

what i dont get is the hellbent attitude some people have of this being faf 2.0

this has literally nothing to do with faf

or fa

it just has people who use those sites on it

This entire forum exists as a result of mismanagement of FAF by the FA staff and is populated mostly by refugees from the defunct FAF so this is categorically false.

• Like 2

This entire forum exists as a result of mismanagement of FAF by the FA staff and is populated mostly by refugees from the defunct FAF so this is categorically false.

but whats the point tho

FA has no stock in us and vice versa

as for the latter part of your post, that's what i said basically. the only thing we have here are the people

• Like 2

The thing that's bothering me is him saying "I was rebel all along lolz". That's what's bothering me, that's what I'm slapping him on. That and his constant need to be the first to say "He got banned before so he's under watch", which he's done twice on reformed FAF and once on Phoenix now. 

honestly, why shouldn't they be on watch? Because getting banned time after time isn't normal. It's kinda fucked up. Bans (apart from a butthurt chase) were actually hard to earn meaning you had to fuck up all the time to earn one. Why shouldn't problem users be held accountable? Because that the game of duck, duck, ban gets real old after a while. 

Its really not that difficult to be civil. I've only ever gotten a warning in my 3 years on these forums. And infractions are something a person should learn from. If they never learn, what's the point of them using the forum in the first place?

• Like 5

honestly, why shouldn't they be on watch? Because getting banned time after time isn't normal. It's kinda fucked up. Bans (apart from a butthurt chase) were actually hard to earn meaning you had to fuck up all the time to earn one. Why shouldn't problem users be held accountable? Because that the game of duck, duck, ban gets real old after a while. 

Its really not that difficult to be civil. I've only ever gotten a warning in my 3 years on these forums. And infractions are something a person should learn from. If they never learn, what's the point of them using the forum in the first place?

I had a couple, but some were from during Chasegate, others were when I really deserved it because I was being too rude to serial mooches. 

Either way: can confirm that the mods actually were (are) rather lenient as long as you don't, say... troll and then explicitly state: "I'll stop trolling now", ya doofus. :D

• Like 2

but whats the point tho

FA has no stock in us and vice versa

as for the latter part of your post, that's what i said basically. the only thing we have here are the people

I'm not going to expose on the nature of the relationship between FA and Phoenix because 1.) it doesn't interest me all that much and 2.) It's not the point

You said we have nothing to do with FA though and used that as the crux of your criticism of people being "hellbent" on making it FAF 2.0>

I'm objecting because you can't just hand-wave away cultural artifacts from a transplant community when this forum was founded on a community of people with shared history on FAF.

This is the "why can't you dirty brown people just assimilate" argument only it's not racist.

• Like 3

That's why we call it a "Fresh Start".

And infractions back in the day were given out for shitposting. Most of my infracs were from shitposting. Heck, I was temp banned for a shitpost infrac. RnR was practically our spam zone back in the day. To say that all bans were equal or to the point where we gotto be on this strict parole from City Hero Chief of Police Kalmor when most of our 'FAF Crimes' were for posting up posts that said butts, that's just dumb. The environment here is much more loose and casual unlike FAF. 

So that's where I'm coming from. 

Edited by Toshabi
  • Like 1

Bolded part is false because I am proof.

Edited by Zaraphayx
  • Like 2

The thing that's bothering me is him saying "I was rebel all along lolz". Like he wants us to believe so hard that he was always this watchful savior of us all, when in reality, he was blowing Neer and Chase up until the great fiasco of 2015.

I find it hilarious that you're still trying to make this point even knowing everything I've told you. It's almost like you're arguing for the sake of arguing now.

Anyway, I rest my case now as far as this particular line of conversation is concerned.

I'm not going to expose on the nature of the relationship between FA and Phoenix because 1.) it doesn't interest me all that much and 2.) It's not the point
You said we have nothing to do with FA though and used that as the crux of your criticism of people being "hellbent" on making it FAF 2.0>

I'm objecting because you can't just hand-wave away cultural artifacts from a transplant community when this forum was founded on a community of people with shared history on FAF.

This is the "why can't you dirty brown people just assimilate" argument only it's not racist.

im not even talking about the culture

im pointing more towards shit like the site's purpose and rules

we dont have anything to do with fa, as an entity. we dont share a link with the mainsite or anything like that, so certain considerations should be dropped from the staff's mind

so basically there's potential for the site to do different things, such as idontreallyknow.

and it also confuses me as to why we have all the old mods that were selected by mainsite staff right? why tho

Edited by Sir Gibby

Toshabi all your saying over and over again is someone pat Neer's fat ass and sucked up to him regardless of what his intentions were... and you hate him for it. 

in terms of change Most of the world works that way! If you want to make change happen then you either get a big enough following to make a difference and break off from the main group. or You kiss up to the guys in management till you get enough power to start making changes. Don't like it? that's fine. The system is fucked up but you can pick up a history book and see that its a trending thing. 

As for Slapping him about the Past... Criminal records don't just disappear when you move. A known criminal Record colors peoples view of you, that is just how things are. Im sure that by your justified remarks that you look at every known sex offender in america as having a blank slate. there is probably 30-40 around you within a 5 mile radius right now. (not even joking) but the severity of their crimes can vary dramatically.  My point?  your not being judge by mods for having a past, you being judge for the things in it.

Useless advice, considering that rules aren't specific and moderators are free to interpret them as they see it fit. In my previous post I gave you examples. Relate to them

Out of 12 warnings I recieved on FAF, 6 were questionable and 2 were plainly retarded.

Edited by Ayattar

im not even talking about the culture

im pointing more towards shit like the site's purpose and rules

we dont have anything to do with fa, as an entity. we dont share a link with the mainsite or anything like that, so certain considerations should be dropped from the staff's mind

I don't even disagree with you on the larger point about the rules and shit but it shouldn't be surprising that practices from FAF will carry over to Phoenix.

If anything it highlights the importance of threads like these and why all the people spouting unironic one-liner shitposts equivocating agitators with immature teenage rebellion are the same usual
nerds who will bemoan anyone who rocks the boat because it kills their boner.

I don't personally feel wronged by any administrator actions thus far, but I see the importance of reminding the staff of their history.

• Like 1

You know, I just realized you're being a hypocrite. You're saying that the past should be in the past while simultaneously talking about what Kal did on FAF.

Because he keeps bringing it up, see his responses. In fact, he has brought up FAF ban history post-rebellion FAF, his "Record for being a ninja rebel" and everything. And I'm debunking that by pointing out the fact that he dished out post deletes, thread locks, infractions and bans during a period when the community was legitimately pissed off that a dog fucker made it on staff.

If pointing out glaring problems with his posts is considered "hypocritical" then I'm afraid to even take a response of yours in this thread seriously. Maybe a knee jerk response by you?

I get you're his amigo, but sometimes, your amigo can be wrong. It happens.

• Like 1

Out of 12 warnings I recieved on FAF, 6 were questionable and 2 were plainly retarded.

Frankly, Ayattar that's your opinion. 

But that's why I was just so in love with the Ban Wall. Because if you if you feel the bans were illegitimate but everyone is like "no, man. That was warranted" then you might come to reflect on your actions. 

It works marvels on other forums, 

and it also confuses me as to why we have all the old mods that were selected by mainsite staff right? why tho

All of the current mods were selected way back when Arshes was forum lead. FA didn't have a say in who was FAF staff.

edit: Which was why I managed to get onto staff being as young as I am

Edited by Kalmor

Which is possible in the first place only because rules are flawed and field for interpretation is too wide. Especially since you can get banned for the opinions alone.

Or maybe the rules aren't near as broad and 'open to interpretation' as you believe they are.

I was never on the FAF. I'm as new as they come to these forums, or indeed to forums in general. So I'll preface this with an admission that I might not be all too aware of the usual rules and standards such places usually abide by, and I am absolutely not at all aware of those that governed FAF, outside of what has been said mostly in this very thread
This does however allow me to take an entirely unbiased analysis of everything that I'm seeing here. I cannot comment on events past, but current events are fair game.

And, in my few days on these forums, damn near every single post you've made has been inflammatory, intentionally provocative, aggressive, ignorant, dismissive, or outright childish in some form or fashion. And whenever somebody has attempted to open a dialogue with you, and explain why they disagree with what you've said, or wish for you to stop what you're doing, you have pulled the most juvenile move that can easily be equated to a child sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting 'la la la' until the other person leaves.

So on that basis alone, and as somebody with zero preconceptions of the events occurring on FAF, I can say with certainty that it would not surprise me in the least if you truly did deserve every single infraction, and the subsequent ban that you earned. Something to consider I think.

• Like 8

If you honestly hate the mods so much as to think they're stupid enough to do that, then get the fuck off of here, because you clearly have nothing to contribute.

Oh, so edgy. Better be carefull boy, 'cause you might cut yourself with it, approaching a dangerous zone.

And no, I don't hate them. I despise them, for being hypocrites having double standards, as they already proven so many times. But I'm here not for mods, neither for you.

Oh, so edgy. Better be carefull boy, 'cause you might cut yourself with it, approaching a dangerous zone.

And no, I don't hate them. I despise them, for being hypocrites having double standards, as they already proven so many times. But I'm here not for mods, neither for you.

Then why the fuck are you here? I think I know. To cause drama and scream and whine like a little child because you don't like the people running the website.

You attack the website, the staff, and the community at large. So why are you here in the first place?

Edited by Kaedal
  • Like 1

Or maybe the rules aren't near as broad and 'open to interpretation' as you believe they are.
I was never on the FAF. I'm as new as they come to these forums, or indeed to forums in general. So I'll preface this with an admission that I might not be all too aware of the usual rules and standards such places usually abide by, and I am absolutely not at all aware of those that governed FAF, outside of what has been said mostly in this very thread
This does however allow me to take an entirely unbiased analysis of everything that I'm seeing here. I cannot comment on events past, but current events are fair game.

And, in my few days on these forums, damn near every single post you've made has been inflammatory, intentionally provocative, aggressive, ignorant, dismissive, or outright childish in some form or fashion. And whenever somebody has attempted to open a dialogue with you, and explain why they disagree with what you've said, or wish for you to stop what you're doing, you have pulled the most juvenile move that can easily be equated to a child sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting 'la la la' until the other person leaves.

So on that basis alone, and as somebody with zero preconceptions of the events occurring on FAF, I can say with certainty that it would not surprise me in the least if you truly did deserve every single infraction, and the subsequent ban that you earned. Something to consider I think.

I want to like this so bad, but I'll just "Ditto" this instead. 

[things]

If you can't deal with people being straightforward and honest, it's your problem. Congratulations on living in a mendacious world. I'm sorry that you can't deal with people having different opinions than yours, especially since they're doing nothing else than annunciating them. Because so far, apart from this topic I haven't engaged in a single discussion here. Doing just that - annunciating. In most of the cases being asked.

Then why the fuck are you here? I think I know. To cause drama and scream and whine like a little child because you don't like the people running the website.

For those few people who I like here and who like me. What, you wanted a hugbox? Sorry, it's not a couch, I'm not getting paid for it.

Also, I'd like you to stop derailing the thread. Because, you know, it's against the rules.

Edited by Ayattar