• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

>pokemon thread
>literally just people shitposting le epin animuz reaction pics

47 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

When this thread gets to this point, I just want to reach through the screen and start slapping people upside the head. We're here to talk about pokemon

The Pokemon Sun/Moon demo releases in 1 hour. Its already out in some countries. Remember that playing it is the only way to get Ash Greninja.

3 hours ago, PastryOfApathy said:

>pokemon thread
>literally just people shitposting le epin animuz reaction pics

ZFqxIrx.png

1 hour ago, Cyberra said:

When this thread gets to this point, I just want to reach through the screen and start slapping people upside the head. We're here to talk about pokemon

It's like no one saw the leak I posted...

I don't get the point of giving pokemon new looks and types. Just because it's a different region? The whole thing they've been doing since the first sequel is running with the concept that each new region has new pokemon we haven't seen before. The fact that they've resorted to rehashing old designs strikes me as a little bit lazy.

The whole environment causing different forms thing was supposed to be the thing that made eevee unique, because its evolutions were supposed to be the result of its environment.

4 hours ago, FlynnCoyote said:

I don't get the point of giving pokemon new looks and types. Just because it's a different region? The whole thing they've been doing since the first sequel is running with the concept that each new region has new pokemon we haven't seen before. The fact that they've resorted to rehashing old designs strikes me as a little bit lazy.

The whole environment causing different forms thing was supposed to be the thing that made eevee unique, because its evolutions were supposed to be the result of its environment.

Yeah I can't believe they made older Pokemon adapt to new environments, that's the most unrealistic thing I've ever heard of, that would never happen in real life

I also can't believe Gamefreak is trying something new with their Pokemon, they need to just stick to the same formula like they've been doing for the past 20 years

• Like 3

Leaks are out of several of the new Pokermen.

Cut because spoilers.

CvDFzp_WIAAr5i2.jpg large.jpg

Personally, I really like a lot of the unique designs this gen.
Not very fond of a lot of the alolan region remake pokes, but I do like the very strong mecha / spaceship theme in the new ones.

1 hour ago, SirRob said:

Yeah I can't believe they made older Pokemon adapt to new environments, that's the most unrealistic thing I've ever heard of, that would never happen in real life

I also can't believe Gamefreak is trying something new with their Pokemon, they need to just stick to the same formula like they've been doing for the past 20 years

I think it's great, the Alola forms. Rehashing to me was Black 2. But this just reminds me of XYZ monsters in Yugioh. It just makes old things that people don't really pay much mind to relevant again. 

I'll be honest though, I really am not seeing a difference between Ultra beasts and your standard fare rare Pokémon. We've had aliens, primordial beasts, different dimension dragons, GOD. And they were all considered Pokémon. These ultras look and will behave no different from some kind of mega rare Pokémon. So I'm not seeing any distinction.

BUT that said, goddamn. There's some serious shit going down in fucking Hawaii. Lol

On 10/17/2016 at 0:42 AM, XoPachi said:

Yeah, don't disrespect me. I don't draw shit Pokemon like this except for the guilty pleasure that is Lopunny.
1af.jpg

This thing's the best though.

So what do you think now that we know this thing evolves into a serial killer

5 hours ago, SirRob said:

Also FUCK YEAH, BARA CAT!

5 hours ago, XoPachi said:

LOL This dude is dying! 

http://fuggmuff.tumblr.com/post/151969750925/i-just

My god, Alolan Persian looks so goddamn terrible. Like Alolan Meowth looks rad, but then you have this lavender ass Garfield with a head like fucking Counselor Mackey. It doesn't even suit the rest of his body. 

ICK. Persian's one of my favorites, too.
Gamefreak, why you do this to me.

On the topic of starters: I actually like the final evos of this gen, too. Whoops.
A fire tiger would have been way cooler, but eh. The third forms for the starters have started looking more "human" with some exceptions since like
gen fucking 3 (Hello, blaziken. You still look ridiculous af.).
Not ideal, but not horrible and completely out of left field, either.

I just hope that firecat is fire/dark or some other mix. We've had way too many fire/fighting starters already.

Just now, Vae said:

I just hope that firecat is fire/dark or some other mix. We've had way too many fire/fighting starters already.

This is the main issue people have. I was honestly expecting Dark too. Litten looked like a disassociated plotting little brat. I figured he would honestly have gone the Liepard route.

3 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

This is the main issue people have. I was honestly expecting Dark too. Litten looked like a disassociated plotting little brat. I figured he would honestly have gone the Liepard route.

Since mermaidseal looks like it's going the water/fairy route, I'd like to assume that leafowl is going grass/fighting and firecat is going fire/dark.

But I guess we'll have to see.
That belt looks suspiciously like fighting though. : /

Edited by Vae
No. Fuck off, emoticons.

Just now, Vae said:

Since mermaidseal looks like it's going the water/fairy route, I'd like to assume that leafowl is going grass/fighting and firecat is going fire/dark.

But I guess we'll have to see.
That belt looks suspiciously like fighting though. :/

That wouldn't make sense. Rowlet's most likely going to be Grass Flying.

Just now, Vae said:

I dunno. It looks pretty combat to me.
Looks like an Ezio motherfucker.

But it's a bird. Also, from it's concept art, the wings act as bows. He pulls vines from them and shoots leaf arrows in concept depictions. He's an archer. I don't think he does combat in the conventional fisticuffs fashion. y;

The demo for Sun/Moon so far feels weird. I started playing it and the entire atmosphere and style of the game doesn't fit any previous Pokemon title, or at least not Black/White and before (I've not played X/Y or OR/AS). The camera angles during battles are dynamic in movement in the same way the Gamecube's Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness had its battle camera move. Outside of battles, cities look and feel more like actual cities, and there appears to be many areas where you can see other NPCs that you can't actually interact with, as if they're just regular people part of a city doing their own job. 

The game doesn't start out with its usual Pokemon Professor explaining the world of Pokemon either; the game jumps right in and acts like a more standard JRPG in its presentation. You learn a little about the world and characters right from the start, for example one of the first things the game introduced me to was that you were arriving from Kanto and that people greet each other in this region by saying "Alola". Also just in general camera angles outside of battle aren't strictly top down and that's foreign to me.

Also from a technical perspective, the game could use some anti-aliasing.

29 minutes ago, DrDingo said:

I'm kind of sad there aren't more pokemon this generation. XY didn't introduce many either, and the trend is sorta continuing

Honestly I'm surprised we got as much as we did considering the 3DS's lifecycle is almost up. I can't imagine a sequel or remake being on the 3DS, and they're not gonna build a new engine for a mid-generation game. I'm guessing Gen 8's probably gonna come around quicker than other generations have.

24 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

Turn on 3D.

That doesn't do anything. Not in battles or outside of them in this. Also speaking of other technical issues, I got minor framerate drops during a battle against two Pokemon when the camera zoomed out to show both of them. I'm using a New 3DS :/

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Anyone playing the Sun/Moon demo?

Doing it right now. Just got to Skull Admin Plumeria. What do you think of it, so far?

The picture taking function seems kind of boring. Its no Pokemon Snap. I do like that Pikachu actually goes "Pika" in this though.

2 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I'm more or less just joking at the fact that the 3DS has this weird "AA" but only when you turn on 3D. I forgot how Runefox explained it to me, but it's stupid. lol

Ah. I think the 3D function runs games at a higher resolution. Since the screen size is the same, it simulates anti-aliasing. Sort of like how you can render a game at 4k and then downsample it on a computer to make games look better without the use of AA.