Oh No! 'Rainfurrest' is Might Stop Being a Thing!

PastryOfApathy

Guess what everybody! No RF at Hilton anymore! 

https://www.rainfurrest.org/2016/index.php/location/

I am laughing so hard right now. How does a convention find a new hotel when they are kicked out of their previous one for bad behavior? Wouldn't other hotels--besides a motel 6 or some shit place in the slums--be hesitant to sign a contract with them?

If this is the end of RF, LOL. Teach those furfags a lesson. They need to stop turning a blind eye to behavior so deviant that it goes beyond fetishes and reaches consistent property damage.

Edited by Calemeyr
  • Like 1

Guess what everybody! No RF at Hilton anymore! 

https://www.rainfurrest.org/2016/index.php/location/

I am laughing so hard right now. How does a convention find a new hotel when they are kicked out of their previous one for bad behavior? Wouldn't other hotels--besides a motel 6 or some shit place in the slums--be hesitant to sign a contract with them?

If this is the end of RF, LOL. Teach those furfags a lesson. They need to stop turning a blind eye to behavior so deviant that it goes beyond fetishes and reaches consistent property damage.

Very true, Hotels do share blacklists and problem customer alerts.
Also Hotel owners most likely keep their ears open when stuff happens to either laugh at a competitor or cringe and then be reminded never to invite such to their establishment.

Very true, Hotels do share blacklists and problem customer alerts.Also Hotel owners most likely keep their ears open when stuff happens to either laugh at a competitor or cringe and then be reminded never to invite such to their establishment.

You better believe Uncle Kage will spin this to his favor. "See, our convention doesn't act like that. We're behaved adults. Buy tickets for AC 2016!"

I wasn't talking about websites.

I was talking about hotels and convention centres. 

AVN awards is in Vegas every year. Never gets kicked out and it's packed with pervs. 

Yet furrys can't get a hotel?

Conventions of this caliber most probably know what they're gonna endure and already have enough funds to clean up/fix whatever they broke after. Fury cons' funding (as far as I've understood, so please correct me if this is wrong) is mostly comprised of volontary donations coming from people who either come from a medium socio-economic situations or even still studens, therefore apart from paying up the necessary things, they don't have all that extra cash to pay up for fixes later, right? FA:U, as I seem to understand from Vivisector, is mostly paid up from Dragoneer's pockets, so even with a big partecipation in the end they don't rack up much.

Also I've recently read this article, and since we're talking about Vegas, I'm kinda suspecting the situation would be similar as described there.

You better believe Uncle Kage will spin this to his favor. "See, our convention doesn't act like that. We're behaved adults. Buy tickets for AC 2016!"

Pretty standard aggressive PR/advertising practice. Apple did it to Microsoft with the "I'm a mac,  and I'm a PC" ads. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by Kalmor

On the plus side, Seattle is a city with multiple convention centers that could hopefully meet Rainfurrest's requirements and budget.  On the downside, it's possible that Rainfurrest's reputation will precede it and that list of viable hotels will be shortened.  This year may also influence Rainfurrest's operating capital since in all likelihood their contract with the hotel has them on the line for damages caused by the convention.

Strikes me that the RF staff will just have to be very forthright and up-front with their next desired venue(s), by acknowledging where and how there have been fuck-ups, not making excuses for those fuck-ups, and presenting a detailed plan for preventing and/or responding proactively to future problems.

Edited by Troj

However I think you are being needlessly optimistic that EVERY situation can be dealt with in the best possible and the day can be saved and the problem as Rainfurrest put it...

I'm a businessman at heart.  I see opportunity, identify risks, develop strategies to minimize (not eliminate) risk; its what I do for a living.   It appears that the Board of Directors for Rainfurrest may not have the intellectual capital (read: experience) on the Board to handle what they have become.  The Hilton appears to be the second or third hotel in 10 years that they've lost.  Although to be fair to RAI, I'm only going by journals, tweets and posts.  So there is a fair bit of armchair quarterbacking.

How does a convention find a new hotel when they are kicked out of their previous one for bad behavior? Wouldn't other hotels--besides a motel 6 or some shit place in the slums--be hesitant to sign a contract with them?

Its more difficult and more expensive but not impossible.  Venues will demand larger up-front peace bonds, larger insurance premiums and reduced coverage, lessor discounts on rooms etc.  If RAI can pass these costs on to the attendees (in the Con fee), the Con may remain viable. 

He'd be a fool not too.   I'm not sure how much competition Rainfurrest is for AC.  AC2015 ran aprox 6800 attendees and is on the east.  RF probably draws more from the demographic west of the Rockies, more of a north/south pull.  But that's pure speculation on my part.   It will be interesting to see if an enterprising group of entrepreneurial artists/furrs form a new corporation and launch a competing regional Con in the next 18 months. 

I'm a businessman at heart.  I see opportunity, identify risks, develop strategies to minimize (not eliminate) risk; its what I do for a living.   It appears that the Board of Directors for Rainfurrest may not have the intellectual capital (read: experience) on the Board to handle what they have become.  The Hilton appears to be the second or third hotel in 10 years that they've lost.  Although to be fair to RAI, I'm only going by journals, tweets and posts.  So there is a fair bit of armchair quarterbacking.

That's not entirely accurate, Rainfurrest has not lost three hotels, it's just been at three different hotels over the years.  However this is not strange and it's pretty typical to any convention of that size as it grows.  Simply put, conventions grow and their needs and what they can afford change, so they change hotels.  It's the larger and more established conventions that tend to 'plant' themselves at a particular hotel.  In the case of the larger, more established cons, it's generally a result of occupying the largest hotel available in the city and/or the conventions long standing relationship with the hotel.

That's not entirely accurate, Rainfurrest has not lost three hotels, it's just been at three different hotels over the years.  However this is not strange and it's pretty typical to any convention of that size as it grows.  Simply put, conventions grow and their needs and what they can afford change, so they change hotels.  It's the larger and more established conventions that tend to 'plant' themselves at a particular hotel.  In the case of the larger, more established cons, it's generally a result of occupying the largest hotel available in the city and/or the conventions long standing relationship with the hotel.

I did include the caveat that my data points were ancedotal.  Although there does seem to be a pattern with the DoubleTree.  May not be relevant.

And it does make sense that a Con will shift venues as it grows. Their option may be to move to a true conference centre, and get out of hotels completely.   They seem to be on the tipping point, size wise.

The good thing about age is he is a no-nonsense type of guy- any problems that happen due to delinquent behavior, Kage and the staff are on it. It He doesn't hear about it during the con, he will hear about it a day or two after the con. I am curious to see if he does spin it into his favor, taking into account that two cons have lost their venues due to "unsavory" behavior from a few attendees.

There's a local con that is run by a few people I know who are somewhat irresponsible with planning (and irresponsible in general)...and it is happening at the same time as another con and they are sharing the same space.

I wonder how it will play out.

Edited by Ozriel

Unless the Wikifur articles are out of date and the hotels have been rebranded since they were written, Rainfurrest was never held at a DoubleTree hotel. O.o

Didn't even look at wikifur, it was refereed to in several journals and tweets.  Good chance its not relevant then. With the caveat that it might have been held at a hotel chain owned by DoubleTree.  They were owned by Hampton before being aquired by Hilton.

Didn't even look at wikifur, it was refereed to in several journals and tweets.  Good chance its not relevant then. With the caveat that it might have been held at a hotel chain owned by DoubleTree.  They were owned by Hampton before being aquired by Hilton.

DoubleTree doesn't own anyone, it's one of Hilton's dozen or so sub-brands.

Wait people update that thing? I always thought it was just a website dedicated to furfags making pages of themselves to look important.

Someone actually added me to that weird thing. Going through various changelogs, though, it looks like it's just one user trying to catalog every furry on the internet.

http://m.imgur.com/a/qcPC8 NSFW, NSFA

You know what, I think the hotel cockblocked RF because of the fetishists, not just the vandalism. "Don't kink shame us" say the babyfurs. Fuck off and get out of our fandom you freaks. Or at least hide yourselves. Seriously, dirty diapers strewn about? People wearing soiled diapers? This wasn't trolls. RF really was "crinklecon". This was the CF8 of Rainfurrest, and RF needs to be replaced with a con with more tact, fast.

RF needs to die right now. No 2016 con.

Edited by Calemeyr
  • Like 1

http://m.imgur.com/a/qcPC8

You know what, I think the hotel cockblocked RF because of the fetishists, not just the vandalism. "Don't kink shame us" say the babyfurs. Fuck off and get out of our fandom you freaks. Or at least hide yourselves. Seriously, dirty diapers strewn about? People wearing soiled diapers? This wasn't trolls. RF really was "crinklecon". This was the CF8 of Rainfurrest, and RF needs to be replaced with a con with more tact, fast.

"Rainfurrest accepts everyone!!!!!"
"*crinkle*"
"The art of rope bondage"
"Diaper twerkin"
"crinklebutts"
"pronoun ribbons"
"Suddenly I double-rimmed for an hour."
"11-year-old fursuiter"
"you can't go to rf without coming back with a poop story"
"I may or may not have ingested THC"
"That's the kind of cereal I'd put my mouth on! XD"
"This is how you crinkle?"
"not cool with all the babyfur hate"

H2d4xEc.png

• Like 3

http://m.imgur.com/a/qcPC8

Look, I understand that you want to scapegoat one of the bajillion fetishes that make up the furry fandom, but I'm pretty sure that the damages, to the point of damaging business offices of the hotel management tops the cake for reasons that RF lost it's hotel.

• Like 1

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the damages to the flooded bathroom, at least, were caused by diapers?

Idk how true that is.
But I did hear there were a lot of drain clogs due to diapers.

There were a lot of damages, and that's likely the biggest issue,
but the exhibitionism that these people displayed with their fetishes is also fucking unacceptable.
And it probably contributed to no small extent.

Edited by Vae
  • Like 1

In a shocking turn of events the most prestigious fetish convention in the world, 'Rainfurrest' might get booted from the hotel that hosts it!

Even after people shit/jerked off into their hot tube, threw used diapers at peoples carsdrilled glory holes in their public bathroomsand let this happen, fucking assholes. Some say fursecution is dead, I say they're dead wrong. We must fight this persecution by showcasing furry pride worldwide and stand united against those who wish to oppress our lifestyle, and our right to furiously masturbate to pictures of dogs fucking in public.

Show your support by tweeting with the hashtag #furrypride2015 and by donating to our kickstarter. Thank you furends! :3c

Bolded never actually happened. But you would know that if actually went. Must be depressing seeing everyone have fun while your stuck at home. So you decide to spread this made up crap. I get it, cons are expensive to go to and not everybody can afford to go to ones. But just because you don't make enough money to go doesn't mean you need to try and ruin other furries' fun.

Nobody took a dump in the hot tub, it was closed briefly because some towels got stuck in the filter intake.

There were no used diapers threw at cars,  there was a scavenger hunt where prizes were hid in unused diapers scattered around the convention space.

And there was no glory hole, somebody decided to vandalise the public restrooms by drilling holes in one of the stalls. He was quickly banned for what he did. Why would we need glory holes when there are 300+ rooms we can go and have sex in.

Yes there was someone wearing a diaper in public but there is no legal concern I see in that. There are no laws against only wearing underwear in public and there was no indecent exposure so really nothing could be done. This was in a public area of the hotel not in the convention space so con staff really couldn't do much.

You shourd really consider working for a place like faux news considering your ability to take dubious sources and state them as facts.

Nobody took a dump in the hot tub, it was closed briefly because some towels got stuck in the filter intake.

According to the [con's own admission], towels were stuffed into the hot tub pump.
Ie: someone did it on purpose.

X0AqyBU.thumb.png.6d7ec9b1793df857fca832

There were no used diapers threw at cars,  there was a scavenger hunt where prizes were hid in unused diapers scattered around the convention space.

MJJbpUa.thumb.png.0ea264aa53b5f23a7a3472
SPX99sY.thumb.png.9037a042cfa65508083d39
If this doesn't refer to soiled diapers, furries really need to learn what the fuck "implication" means. 

And there was no glory hole, somebody decided to vandalise the public restrooms by drilling holes in one of the stalls.

Dafuck you think a glory hole is?

Yes there was someone wearing a diaper in public but there is no legal concern I see in that. There are no laws against only wearing underwear in public and there was no indecent exposure so really nothing could be done.

Diapers are personal sanitary objects. They are not underwear.

It would be like someone walking around with their tampon hanging out,
due to a fetish,
and trying to justify it.

That is gross and unacceptable in any kind of social situation, and it takes a special brand of stupid to believe that it is.

• Like 7

IF you see nothing wrong with a grown man walking around conspace and actively defecating and urinating in a diaper WITHOUT pants or shorts on, you have problems. 

Even if he had incontinence problems, you do not do that. Also, from what I can cons like these would've skirted by.

Bolded never actually happened. But you would know that if actually went. Must be depressing seeing everyone have fun while your stuck at home. So you decide to spread this made up crap. I get it, cons are expensive to go to and not everybody can afford to go to ones. But just because you don't make enough money to go doesn't mean you need to try and ruin other furries' fun.

And there was no glory hole, somebody decided to vandalise the public restrooms by drilling holes in one of the stalls. He was quickly banned for what he did. Why would we need glory holes when there are 300+ rooms we can go and have sex in.

Yes there was someone wearing a diaper in public but there is no legal concern I see in that. There are no laws against only wearing underwear in public and there was no indecent exposure so really nothing could be done. This was in a public area of the hotel not in the convention space so con staff really couldn't do much.

You shourd really consider working for a place like faux news considering your ability to take dubious sources and state them as facts.

get out

• Like 2

Found the butthurt diaperfur

• Like 2

gas yourself diaperscum

Keep it civil folks. Either argue with him on topic without saying "kill yourself" like a 10 year old playing Call of Duty, or not at all.

arguing with degenerates is pointless

they must be dealt with swiftly and decisively

Whoa man.

I look down upon the more vocal babyfurs as much as the next guy, but hell, no one deserves to get gassed.

one day you will understand

Edited by Zerig

1. As a staffer, no one really hears about it, save for the first few handful of people who saw it BEFORE it was handled. Usually, it's a group or groups of people that saw it firat that spread the news.

2. There are pictures all over twitter about the diaper vandalism, and I had friends at FR that had poop-filled diapers on their car. It is beyond nasty. That's ratchet behavior.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_(sexual_slang)

4. It may not have legal ramifications, but it does violate hotel polcy (and con policy as well for improper dress).

5. If a con goer's source is what you'd define as "Dubious", I hate to see what factual evidence looks like to you. :V

Edited by Ozriel

Holy shit I've been gone for a few hours playing dog-petting simulators and being an overall fucking loser and this shit happens.

What the fuck? How is that an improvement?

lol

You smell like shit. Literally, as in you smell like human feces because your ass is smothered in excrement. You are a walking biohazard in smelly fetish gear. If you also wore a confederate flag trucker hat, you would literally be the most offensive thing in the world. #notalldiapershitters

• Like 1

Do you really believe what is coming out of your mouth is true? If that's so than you really have not been to many public social parties.

That's a fact when twitter posts with screenshots as well as the end result of this is incident, Yeah that's quite a fact which shows a big problem here.

Even babyfurs are saying what happened there was out of line.  How much more condemnation does it need?

I think a good deal of it is a kind of damage control. While I'm sure there are some "decent" diapershitters out there (relatively speaking), a lot of people are probably trying to keep cons from further limiting their ability to be creepy pedo-faggots in public (i.e. no babyfur badges, limits on diaper paraphernalia, etc.)

Edited by PastryOfApathy

As someone who actually went to the con; I genuinely had a great time. I got to meet friends in person for the first time, and hang out with several old ones. 

Now with that said, there are a few instances that I would rather forget. No one wants to hug someone that literally smells like shit. This was my first suiting experience, and this happened once. No one cares what you do in your hotel room, leave that shit (literally) in the room. There is a line of public decency that was crossed, blown way out of proportion by the global phenomenon that is Twitter. 

In all honesty, the cub furs are the least of the problems. The disrespect for the hotel itself seems to be the most damaging.

Being drunk is not an excuse for vandalism. If you can't control your drinking or leave your fetishes in the room, then just stay home. It really just makes everyone look bad. 

It's funny how people seem to focus on the negative, though I guess it is human nature. Bad shit did indeed happen, but dragging it out is not really helping the situation. 

I will still go to RF2016, I won't let a few bad apples spoil my good time. 

Even babyfurs are saying what happened there was out of line.  How much more condemnation does it need?

The truth is, no one subculture is any worse than the next, we're all equal opportunist assholes and could've done more to prevent those problems from happening. The misguided hate in this thread alone is proof of that.

• Like 2

The truth is, no one subculture is any worse than the next, we're all equal opportunist assholes and could've done more to prevent those problems from happening. The misguided hate in this thread alone is proof of that.

You are correct in that every subculture in the fandom from ravers to babyfur has caused problems at some time for some convention or another. It strikes me that the misguided belief that "acceptance" means "no rules, no confrontation and no consequences" as the root problem here. Con staff needs to be ready to step up and deal with things, or the fandom as a whole needs to self-police better in social situations like this. No, it doesn't need to be whacky vigilante justice but just somebody saying "Hey, that's not cool and I'm letting Ops know about it," can go a long way to deter bad actors.

"Friendship before all" is still the prevailing geek social fallacy in play, but I'd like to think people eventually get tired of having their nice things taken away. This might be the wake-up call that RF's staff needed.

• Like 4

Other "subcultures" aren't full of literal fucking biohazards. I can't get sick from someone walking around in some creepy latex get-up (unless I'm allergic or something which I'm not), I can get sick from someone walking around in/throwing around their own fecal matter.

It's not about a bunch of meanies ganging up on those innocent diapershitters, it's people not wanting to have to literally smell other people's shit.

Other "subcultures" aren't full of literal fucking biohazards. I can't get sick from someone walking around in some creepy latex get-up (unless I'm allergic or something which I'm not), I can get sick from someone walking around in/throwing around their own fecal matter.

It's not about a bunch of meanies ganging up on those innocent diapershitters, it's people not wanting to have to literally smell other people's shit.

Which is exactly what I mean when I said that we are all "equal opportunist assholes". Any number of people that were aware of the situation(s) could've stepped up and put a stop to the madness at any time but didn't, why? You'd think that most people there know of a little thing called "social etiquette" but in the pic of the babyfur / diaperfur everyone seems fairly casual about the situation.

Which is exactly what I mean when I said that we are all "equal opportunist assholes". Any number of people that were aware of the situation(s) could've stepped up and put a stop to the madness at any time but didn't, why? You'd think that most people there know of a little thing called "social etiquette" but in the pic of the babyfur / diaperfur everyone seems fairly casual about the situation.

But what are you supposed to do? They technically weren't doing anything against the rules so after a certain point you just kind of accept it. I mean it's not like you can change it or anything.