Video game music

yell0wf0x

This being Mario music very much surprises me... Of course, it was developed by Square and had FF characters in it, so it was already weird for a Mario game. (Super Mario RPG 2 when?) 

The sound quality on this is noticeably better than the DS version. Must have been from the mobile or Steam rereleases.

Guess I'm on a Square Enix kick today...

SQUARE PLEASE YOU CAN HAVE MY USD $$$ just translate your stupid MMO

i was born in the wrong generation, modern music sucks 

like if you're listening in 2015 :)

Forgive me for breaking the vidya music train, and I know you're joking but I can't help but share this once more

Edited by Battlechili

Man, the Explorers games were the SHIT. I really want Super Mystery Dungeon (I passed up on Gates to Infinity because of the way zoomed-in camera).

I wouldn't worry too much about Gates to Infinity. Most people tell me its the weakest entry in the series anyways.

Edited by Battlechili

Pretty good game for shovelware. The final boss showed that the game could have actually been more fun if the developers tried, but like I said, shovelware. At least the music was good.

EDIT: Might as well mention that this is what you heard for most of the game:

I wasn't very old when I played this game, so in a way it's weirdly nostalgic. I'd probably have liked this game if it were its own thing instead of a Sims handheld spinoff. The concept of running your own hotel in real-time was really cool, and implemented in a fun, interactive, non-skinner box way.

Edited by Eggdodger

• 2 weeks later...

@Eggdodger, that game and soundtrack still have a huge influence on me. that was my favourite game as a kid

@6tails, maybe. i'm currently sticking with a game boy tracker and soundtracks just because my ear training and experience with composition in this format is kinda limited. might be a good thing to try down the road. i'll let you know. also would you say this is an accurate appeal to the original snes soundtrack? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69PG1BhsoTk

• 2 weeks later...