TrishaCat

Just now, Nova said:

Guys the undertale hype decayed faster then the fnaf hype.

Good. Fandoms are full of terrible spergs and I'd rather them not try and artificially drag things out for the sake of it. I hope Toby and Scott continue to make cool things, but I don't want it to be preemptively ruined by a bunch of autistic fucknuggets. I mean I'm sure most people here have gotten the 'true' ending of Undertale, so they should know what happens when you try to keep going after things have met their end.

I say this as a fan of both fyi.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luka said:

Well, doesn't seem like Undertale will drag out it's life expectancy by releasing similar sequel after similar sequel.

So you can't really compare it to that FNAF thingy.

I honestly think that if Game Theory hadn't dug into the lore of FNAF its sequels probably wouldn't exist

36 minutes ago, willow said:

I honestly think that if Game Theory hadn't dug into the lore of FNAF its sequels probably wouldn't exist

Which FNAF are we even at now?

FNAF 5, with the revolutionary addition of different color palettes for the monsters to differ it from the previous?

On 3/9/2016 at 3:00 PM, willow said:

uhh, FNAF World I think?

If I'm right the Steam page for that was taken down and the creator gave an apology for its low quality.

[steam profile]

I see FFXI links in his profile so I can't be upset with him.

Edited by Battlechili

On 3/9/2016 at 1:00 PM, willow said:

uhh, FNAF World I think?

*Incoming self-professed FNAF expert from the rear! Drop altitude!*

Yes we're on FNAF World, which actually kinda brought Scott a reality check in releasing games too early. The game was originally slated for a Februrary release IIRC and the game of course came out weeks ahead of time. The reactions were...mixed. But Scott felt the game was rather subpar on a second look, especially given the reviews, and not only pulled the game from the Steam Store, but worked with Steam so everyone who bought the game could get a refund. Mainly because he's re-releasing it through GameJolt for free. There's already an updated version out now, with a map, explanation for your characters' moves, and a 3D Overworld. There's an "Update 2" in the works. 

As far as the future of the FNAF series itself, it seems like the main Five Nights series is over, as Scott said FNAF 4 was the intended last game. Yes there's FNAF World, but it kinda seems like he 1)Still wanted to play with Fazbear and co and 2)Wanted to do another RPG game, so he just married them together. There was a book released back in December called Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes, which takes place in an alternate timeline but does contain some insights into the backstory that were simply too difficult to show with the style of the games. The only thing we've seen since the "FNAF World" teaser on Scott's site is a black screen with several grey lines, with two grey lines having been replaced by smaller white lines. No clues as to what this is, but my poker chips aren't on FNAF 5. 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Undertale programming. 

• 3 months later...

SPOILERS

Just finished Undertale. I killed Toriel, that knight bitch, the robot piece of shit, Asgore. Might be missing a few. I spared the skeleton dude  so this wasn't a full ''genocide run'', as I've seen people call 'em

I'll be honest, I find this ''killing is bad'' message to be forced. Not pretentious, since it's presented very well, just forced. If those around me attack me I have no choice but to defend myself, you can't seriously expect me to stand there like a punching bag. They brought it upon themselves. Monsters hate humans because humans wronged them, as it is revealed in the walk before Asgore, but their mistake was to generalize about the fact that all humans were evil. I wouldn't have laid a finger on them had they not laid a finger on me, especially after the sheer love that was given me by Toriel. And so this cycle of violence repeats itself. It takes a lot of... Determination, to break this vicious circle

Btw, I killed Asgore because I wanted to put him out of his misery. He was a good guy, but, with his loved ones dead, leaving him alive would have been even more cruel than killing him

Now to try the fabled ''pacifist run''. I AM expecting a super awesome ending if I manage not to kill anyone

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Amiir said:

I'll be honest, I find this ''killing is bad'' message to be forced. Not pretentious, since it's presented very well, just forced. If those around me attack me I have no choice but to defend myself.

"Self-defense? Please. You didn't kill them because you had to. You killed them because it was easy for you. Because it was fun for you. Do you think it was fun when I found out...? Do you think it's fun when people's family members never come home? Is that fun? No."

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

"Self-defense? Please. You didn't kill them because you had to. You killed them because it was easy for you. Because it was fun for you. Do you think it was fun when I found out...? Do you think it's fun when people's family members never come home? Is that fun? No."

Lol I remember that quote, though not he or she who said it exactly. I was like ''Piss off mate, they struck first, I just struck back. Spare me this pacifist bullshit''. In the game, that is

Btw I edited my previous post, added a few things

7 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

are

15 minutes ago, Amiir said:

What's with that ''are''? ,': /

5 minutes ago, Amiir said:

Lol I remember that quote, though not he or she who said it exactly. I was like ''Piss off mate, they struck first, I just struck back. Spare me this pacifist bullshit''

It was Undyne's pre-fight speech on the mountain if you kill people. The point is that despite the circumstances, at literally anytime you could have spared their lives. Every kill is conscious, ultimately avoidable choice.

I like this game a lot, and like being a horrible fandom-fag so I have quotes out the wazoo.

"though... one thing about you always struck me as kinda odd. now, i understand acting in self-defense. you were thrown into those situations against your will. but... sometimes... you act like you know what's gonna happen. like you've already experienced it all before. this is an odd thing to say, but... if you have some sort of special power... isn't it your responsibility to do the right thing?"

>Yes.

>No.

5 minutes ago, Amiir said:

What's with that ''are''? ,':/

A typo.

1 minute ago, PastryOfApathy said:

"though... one thing about you always struck me as kinda odd. now, i understand acting in self-defense. you were thrown into those situations against your will. but... sometimes... you act like you know what's gonna happen. like you've already experienced it all before. this is an odd thing to say, but... if you have some sort of special power... isn't it your responsibility to do the right thing?"

That sounds like something you'd hear on a second run. It just sucks so hard that you have to kill Toriel since you can't progress otherwise. I loved that goat mama so much, she was so kind but she didn't give me a choice. That flower only added insult to injury in the aftermath. I don't think I've felt this bad about killing a bunch of pixels in a looooooong time

8 minutes ago, Amiir said:

That sounds like something you'd hear on a second run. It just sucks so hard that you have to kill Toriel since you can't progress otherwise. I loved that goat mama so much, she was so kind but she didn't give me a choice. That flower only added insult to injury in the aftermath. I don't think I've felt this bad about killing a bunch of pixels in a looooooong time

Nope.

Sans will ask you this during his judgement whenever you

kill Papyrus.

6 minutes ago, Imperial Impact said:

WHY?

I know right? Fuck MatPat.

11 minutes ago, Amiir said:

you can spare toriel. you have to spare her a lot pf times, but she'll give up eventually.

• Like 1