I think I did a dumb

MissFleece

Okay, so I was feeling suicidal but I remembered my mom gave me some of my expired meds I got when I was 16. The dosage is 50mg of Pristiq but I halfed it cuz I remember it FUCKING me up when I was young. My lungs feel weird, my body isn't doing what I tell it to when I stand and my dog is acting SUPER weird with me, how bad did I fuck up and can I sleep this off? No longer feeling suicidal though...so that's a plus. 

Expired meds are a major no-no, especially if we're talking like 5 years or so difference.

Stop taking those pills and see a doctor as soon as possible, but that's kind of obviousish. GET WELL SOON.

And the throwing up might be a good thing in this case. OUT WITH THE BAD, IN WITH THE GOOD.

Edited by Sir Gibby

Lol I'll probably live, there's no need to piss my mom off or have an unneeded er bill. Cant find my wallet that has my insurance card and you know what? Just started throwing up writing this, I'll go call.

WELL FRICK MAN I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY...I MEAN MAYBE ITS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL BUT DANG

Assuming Pristiq is similar to Effexor, which it should be given the molecule, its initial side-effects can be fairly extreme. The worst usually only last 1-3 days, but it can take weeks for all of the transient effects to subside. It's definitely not a medication you want to go on to or off of without a doctor.

Well my mother won't drive me, I just called and she says I'll be fine. My car and I are both in no condition to drive and I am not calling an ambulance because that shit's expensive and my mom would be pissed. I'll give you an update tomorrow if I'm still around, sorry for worrying you guys. Honestly I don't feel like I'm dying (I've come close before), so I'll try to stay awake and if my symptoms get worse I'll call. My liver and I have probably been through worse, I'll come out on top, promise. 

If anything I'll just go eat charcoal or something.

Edited by MissFleece

=_= The things people live through because of the health system...

Umm...wishing you the best, don't die...and like legit call if it gets worse, money isn't as much as a problem as your survival

If you don't respond in 24 hours I'm going to stalk you everywhere and figure out where the hell you went you dumdumbhead!!!

• Like 1

=_= The things people live through because of the health system...

Umm...wishing you the best, don't die...and like legit call if it gets worse, money isn't as much as a problem as your survival

If you don't respond in 24 hours I'm going to stalk you everywhere and figure out where the hell you went you dumdumbhead!!!

lol thanks man. Sorry to worry anyone, I was just panicing a little. Dog is literally laying on top of me to keep me from pacing everywhere so that calmed me down. 

Eh, you should be fine. Pristiq has about a 10 hour half life and what you're feeling now is its common side effect of anxiety and vertigo. For such a small dose, unless you're on a MAOI drug you should be fine. Just avoid alcohol and aspirin for a bit.

Just don't... y'know.. actually go through with it an kill yourself now that the depression has lifted and you have energy again. That would be more of my priority concern in this situation. Go hang out with a family member so you're not by yourself.

Edited by GarthTheWereWolf
don't kill yourself plz and thank you
  • Like 1

Eh, you should be fine. Pristiq has about a 10 hour half life and what you're feeling now is its common side effect of anxiety and vertigo. For such a small dose, unless you're on a MAOI drug you should be fine. Just avoid alcohol and aspirin for a bit.

You are literally the best and I could kiss you right now, you beautiful mother fucker.

Pills are NOT the way I wanna go, lol. 

I've never seen someone be so casual about saying they're suicidal.

Sorry if that made you uncomfortable by the way, I try not to share that a lot ^^;

Sorry if that made you uncomfortable by the way, I try not to share that a lot ^^;

Oh I'm not uncomfortable.

I'm not going to go into detail about my personal problems or anything seeing as A no one cares, and B I don't feel like talking about that kinda shit where everyone can see it. But I'll just say that this kind of thing isn't entirely foreign to me and I can sympathize, at least in some respects.

• Like 1

if I do, which is highly unlikely, make sure they put something stupid on my headstone, like rest in spaghettis or I did the died. 

I shall wake up a legend of the skeleton war.

Peperony and chease,

... That joke would have worked better if you had said "Tombstone".

• Like 2

if I do, which is highly unlikely, make sure they put something stupid on my headstone, like rest in spaghettis or I did the died. 

I shall wake up a legend of the skeleton war.

"Real Name" Rest in Fleece

Death by Baa-d pills

May ewe always be among us

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 3

Oh woold you look at that, I should have expected this. Id say more but Im going to have to chew the cud on ideas

I'd continue...but some people may get angry again. 

I pity the Wool who doesn't enjoy puns. Puns can give a new Fleece on life!

Edited by Vaer
  • Like 1

I survived, and I love you guys. I feel really shaky but I'm probably dehydrated, so all's good. 

For some reason I can't take anyone that is suicidal then worries about expired medication threatening their life seriously. But yeah, get better I guess. 

I got too much depending on me to give in to my urges to die, man. Some days it's just really hard, but I can't leave all these loose ends. I don't have a support system so I end up dealing with the bad days in weird ways. Usually I'll do something to knock myself out and wake up fine again. I was out of my normal stuff so when I took the pills I was hoping they'd do something similar, but when I reacted bad I panicked a bit and asked you guys for help. But nah, I feel ya. But I've felt this way for a long time, this is the only way I really know how to deal with it anymore. If I tell people they end up awkward around me or ignore the fact I'm having a rough time anyway, so I'm on my own. It works, for the most part.

I survived, and I love you guys. I feel really shaky but I'm probably dehydrated, so all's good. 

I got too much depending on me to give in to my urges to die, man. Some days it's just really hard, but I can't leave all these loose ends. I don't have a support system so I end up dealing with the bad days in weird ways. Usually I'll do something to knock myself out and wake up fine again. I was out of my normal stuff so when I took the pills I was hoping they'd do something similar, but when I reacted bad I panicked a bit and asked you guys for help. But nah, I feel ya. But I've felt this way for a long time, this is the only way I really know how to deal with it anymore. If I tell people they end up awkward around me or ignore the fact I'm having a rough time anyway, so I'm on my own. It works, for the most part.

Yeah I get that. In fact you'd be surprised just how much I do. Which begs the question: what are you suicidal about? Not looking to rip on you or anything I don't joke about topics like this, just a sincere question.  

Yeah I get that. In fact you'd be surprised just how much I do. Which begs the question: what are you suicidal about? Not looking to rip on you or anything I don't joke about topics like this, just a sincere question.  

Well... uh, short answer is I feel like a very bad person.

Long answer...I don't feel like I am worth the life I have, and so many bad things keep happening and as soon as I'm over it, something bad happens again and I can't stop myself from fixating on it. I have a very good head start on life, but I'm wasting it because I don't have the motivation to DO anything. The thing with my ex hit me hard, because she voiced all of the issues I have with myself. I'm selfish and I hurt people so much because I'm too blunt, I'm not the most attractive person and I'm too needy/attention whorey. 

I have no one to talk to, every time I try to make friends irl, it always feels like they're humoring me by talking to me and I'm annoying them, so I overcompensate by doting on them with things like paying for dinner or making things for them or buying things they like and that ends up having people who use me or people are uncomfortable with it. Or when they try to give back, I refuse because I feel like that's selfish, and I think that also pushes them away. 

I just feel hopeless, no one will ever love me, I have too many problems to fix and too much baggage, so here I am squandering what I DO have and just kind of waiting for things to get better. It's like being stuck in a void, or a never ending cycle of bad shit that happens to people. It's gotten to the point where if I try to tell someone about my life they don't believe me. I need to get over this victim complex, but once I start feeling confident with myself again, the cycle repeats. 

I know I sound pathetic, but that's the answer ^^;

You're problems do sound a little superficial, sure, but are anything but pathetic. More often than not, it's our own little quirks that have the biggest impact on our mental health and wellbeing. I have this one friend that was manic, she reckoned cognitive therapy was a good option, might be worth looking into.