Kellie Gator

6 hours ago, Strongbob said:

Not sure if it's a great thing either, but it will be a thing, so we better get used to it.

There's a lot of leverage for a Zootopia 2. I'd be pretty excited to see what it would have to offer, so long as it retains the charm of the first film.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wax said:

There's a lot of leverage for a Zootopia 2. I'd be pretty excited to see what it would have to offer, so long as it retains the charm of the first film.

The reason Zootopia was so acclaimed is because of the way it introduces the world and characters, makes us feel and sends a real message through the presentation of relationships.

A sequel will likely fall in the trap of being more of just a.. fluffy detective film starring two already close characters

1 hour ago, DrDingo said:

A sequel will likely fall in the trap of being more of just a.. fluffy detective film starring two already close characters

That's why I continue to say any sequel they make should be set in the same world, but be something completely different. Find a unique story, create a new cast of characters, and keep that same freshness and charm. Anything else would probably end up just being one giant, overgrown plot device just to get Judy and Nick in our faces again.

Why make a predictable buddy-cop film, when you have this vast, imaginative universe before you waiting to be utilized??

AND I STILL DON'T WANT TO SEE MY MAN NICK AS THE FUZZ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrDingo said:

The reason Zootopia was so acclaimed is because of the way it introduces the world and characters, makes us feel and sends a real message through the presentation of relationships.

I dunno man. The way Disney has been killing it these last few years, I have faith they won't fuck this up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Conker said:

I dunno man. The way Disney has been killing it these last few years, I have faith they won't fuck this up.

I'm going to go with Conker on this one.  From the production documentaries we can clearly see that the producers initially wanted to go down a much darker road with the film but chose to soften it up for broader appeal.  Now that the movie is killing it, I wouldn't be surprised if they are more free to send any squeals down that darker road they had originally intended.  At least I hope they do :)

32 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

I'm going to go with Conker on this one.  From the production documentaries we can clearly see that the producers initially wanted to go down a much darker road with the film but chose to soften it up for broader appeal.  Now that the movie is killing it, I wouldn't be surprised if they are more free to send any squeals down that darker road they had originally intended.  At least I hope they do :)

They probably won't considering Zootopia's now made a name for itself a kind of cutesy, not-really-dark film, so it'd probably piss off a lot of fans to go down a completely different route. But who knows?

45 minutes ago, Wax said:

They probably won't considering Zootopia's now made a name for itself a kind of cutesy, not-really-dark film, so it'd probably piss off a lot of fans to go down a completely different route. But who knows?

That is true, but the film did begin and end with a mock disembowelment and there was a fair amount of real blood, so there is a president for graphic violence in the film already.  It really wouldn't take much of a change to make the film much darker, and that was what the film makers originally wanted, so maybe we can be hopeful.    

14 hours ago, Strongbob said:

That is true, but the film did begin and end with a mock disembowelment and there was a fair amount of real blood, so there is a president for graphic violence in the film already.  It really wouldn't take much of a change to make the film much darker, and that was what the film makers originally wanted, so maybe we can be hopeful.    

We'll see. I'm excited to see what a Zootopia 2 would bring either way.

• Like 1

I dunno why everyone wants this to go darker. It's a kids movie first, and anyways, it managed to tackle some really serious shit without getting bleak. I love me some dark shit, but not in my kids movies.

Kids movies should be like, slightly cooked toast darkness. Not burnt beyond repair.

13 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

That video is broken up quite a bit.

They only included the parts of the documentary that made reference to canceled ideas/deleted scenes etc. 

35 minutes ago, Conker said:

I dunno why everyone wants this to go darker. It's a kids movie first, and anyways, it managed to tackle some really serious shit without getting bleak. I love me some dark shit, but not in my kids movies.

Kids movies should be like, slightly cooked toast darkness. Not burnt beyond repair.

Then somebody should us adults one!! :\

Edited by Endless/Nameless

8 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Damn SJW and third wave feminist shitting on zootopia again

When do they not find an issue with something that people enjoy?

you enjoy this film? but muh misogyny!!!!1

4 hours ago, Aouzy said:

This movie was so overhyped.  It was just another Disney movie.

While it is true that the movie was a bit overhyped and will probably not win best picture, it has a lot going for it.  It is a psudo-furry film that will likely win an Oscar for best animated film, gross over a Billion dollars, and begin a new furry movie franchise.  So that's something.  What have you done today?  

After watching it a second time, I found it still has definite replay value, but the film becomes much less iconic or special. One of the only appeals of the film to me are the clever social commentary and the fact it is centered around anthropomorphic animals.

Just now, Summercat said:

Well, I know what I'm buying, then. And when. 

I'll be getting the big pack: DVD + Blu-Ray + Blu-Ray 3D + Digital. I don't need it, but for certain reasons I preordered thru Target instead of Amazon, and due to the way their shipping rates work I realized I could actually get it cheaper than the normal BR/DVD pack. 

Plus, it's rumored that Target is going to have some exclusive packaging for it. 

*excite intensifies*

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Endless/Nameless said:

I'll be getting the big pack: DVD + Blu-Ray + Blu-Ray 3D + Digital. I don't need it, but for certain reasons I preordered thru Target instead of Amazon, and due to the way their shipping rates work I realized I could actually get it cheaper than the normal BR/DVD pack. 

Plus, it's rumored that Target is going to have some exclusive packaging for it. 

*excite intensifies*

I only have a DVD player (computer), so the rest of it is wasted on me.

2 hours ago, Summercat said:

I only have a DVD player (computer), so the rest of it is wasted on me.

Same here currently, but for a movie as visually appealing as this one, I wanted to have the Blu-Ray too in case I ever upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

My grandma is actually quite mentally ill. 

She also has a huge fox plushie collection. 

Let that sink in. 

That is amazing, and horrifying.  Has anyone studied hereditary furryism?  I have some stories like this too.  This may require a new thread, but not today. 

6 minutes ago, Strongbob said:

That is amazing, and horrifying.  Has anyone studied hereditary furryism?  I have some stories like this too.  This may require a new thread, but not today. 

That's a good question y'know. I mean, we can inherit tons of stuff. 

But in this case, I'm more concerned if the, um, stereotype holds true....

17 minutes ago, Endless/Nameless said:

That's a good question y'know. I mean, we can inherit tons of stuff. 

But in this case, I'm more concerned if the, um, stereotype holds true....

Witch stereotype are you referring to?  Furries ruin everything (kidding)?  I've had a lot of thoughts on this topic, but I don't feel like typing it all up on my phone, so you'll have to wait a few days. 

Some of the Zootopia deleted scenes are really.....interesting and bring out so much wonder as to what the movie might've been and its got me a craving of wanting to know more about the world of Zootopia.

I tried to find that fanart illustration of Judy Hopps in Donald Trump and 'make America great again' apparel, but I couldn't find it - so I'm just gonna let you guys know it exists.

• Like 2