Thanks for the watch!

Azu

PhHA1TO.png

A comment? Oh man! A compliment? A humorous response? What could it be?!

8xcujii.png

God damn it.

I'm sure we've all received one at some point. How do you feel about page shouts similar to this? Annoyed? Indifferent? ... Flattered?

Personally, I'm not big on them at all. I find them to be quite spammy, and about 90% of the time I will remove them unless the poster has made an effort to personalize it. However, I can say that I wouldn't be so bothered by them if the process of removing comments was faster and more streamlined, to be honest.

Oh hey Azurex! Thanks for the watch btw! :V

But really, those kind of shouts don't bother me (I don't get them that much anyway :P ) on my profile right now, my friend leaves a thank you every time I fav his work. I'd be annoyed by this, if I didn't know what kind of a person he was. He's a very grateful person, so saying "thank you" is just him being himself, not trying to spam, so I let him slide.

Ah, I almost always leave a thank you for people who watch me, but it is almost always mixed in with an invitation to get to know them along with some razzle dazzle ,   I would never leave "Thanks for the watch!"

It's just a waste of their time, as for faves, I usually assume that just means the person liked a piece to remember for later or whatever, so I don't thank for that.

On the receiving end, meh, no one really gives me shouts so it's not a problem for me, I get more notes than shouts.

To be honest, the reason most people do this isn't because they're oh-so-grateful and all that (I mean, they probably are. But it's not why they're posting on your page).
It's mostly to just get their name plastered around out there through a way that takes no effort. Even if they don't say much, their name is still on your page now, and everyone that visits your page is going to see it.
It's honestly one of the easiest and most laziest ways to get more pageviews flowing your way, ever :u

My personal opinion towards it is that I haven't used FA in forever, and don't plan to start using it now, so I don't care!

Also - dat person's name wow

To be honest, the reason most people do this isn't because they're oh-so-grateful and all that (I mean, they probably are. But it's not why they're posting on your page).
It's mostly to just get their name plastered around out there through a way that takes no effort. Even if they don't say much, their name is still on your page now, and everyone that visits your page is going to see it.
It's honestly one of the easiest and most laziest ways to get more pageviews flowing your way, ever :u

My personal opinion towards it is that I haven't used FA in forever, and don't plan to start using it now, so I don't care!

Also - dat person's name wow

Lol, I always thought this whenever people commented useless things everywhere, like a simple emoji or a "lol". It drives me insane.

I don't see any harm in it, honestly.

I mean, yeah there's no harm in it, but some people just don't like it I guess, lol. 

I'm so glad I never got round to sending you one now =P

I'll agree that if a person puts on their page that they don't want those kinds of messages, I won't send one, so it would be a good idea to write that to avoid that kind of stuff. I like to do it to try and reach out to the person though and try and establish some kind of back and forth. Sometimes works, but most of the time it doesn't.

I don't see any hard in it, but it seems so..."artificial" to thank someone for liking a piece of your work.

There's definitely been a decline of appreciation lately, used to get a message every time on DA, even if it was the same artist's work half the time

Just because a person doesn't say "thank you" or "your welcome" doesn't always mean they aren't appreciative. I think expecting someone to say thank you or your welcome is in the same artificial realm of telling people "Don't fave my work if you cannot tell me a reason why you like it". Sure, it's great and all if someone thanks you, but people really shouldn't be guilted into saying it, but I am biased. I guess I am more grateful for people putting up with my crap than spamming a person's shouts with thank you for every single piece they favorite.

Edited by Zeke

Just because a person doesn't say "thank you" or "your welcome" doesn't always mean they aren't appreciative.

Perhaps I should have said shown appreciation for those thinking I'm being offensive.  I don't expect anything or I wouldn't do it at all, I merely meant less people say thank you these days.  Understandable if they're popular of course.

Yeah, I get that a lot.  I don't really mind, but as others have mentioned, I do feel like it's often less sincere and more of a copy-pasted message to get their name out there and more page views.  I don't even know how to respond to them, but sometimes try if I think they're actually being friendly and looking for a conversation.

Still, any recognition is good.  I've seen a lot of people with disclaimers telling people not to leave comments like that, but I wouldn't go that far.  I do however have a message on my pages that says I appreciate everyone who watches and faves, but I don't thank each and every one of them because I know most people don't like that.  Maybe that's rude of me, I don't know.  I've only occasionally thanked my watchers myself, but only when I have an additional comment to make to them as well.

On December 7, 2015 at 3:03 AM, Azurex said:

I'm sure we've all received one at some point. How do you feel about page shouts similar to this? Annoyed? Indifferent? ... Flattered?

Personally, I'm not big on them at all. I find them to be quite spammy, and about 90% of the time I will remove them unless the poster has made an effort to personalize it. However, I can say that I wouldn't be so bothered by them if the process of removing comments was faster and more streamlined, to be honest.

I've stopped doing these because they got boring and routine, usually I go into someone's shout box or somewhere on their page and either comment on something, start a conversation, or make really bad puns in their shout box.

• Like 1

I think they're kind of pointless, but it doesn't really bug me or anything. It's kind of like saying "lol" or "cool" in a comment or something like that. You're not actually contributing any kind of conversation or even sincere thought. It's just something people churn out constantly because they feel like they have to say something, or that it's polite.

• Like 1

It helps people have more exposure, so yeah, it doesn't bother me. Deleting their shouts would mean, by my point of view, limiting their chances of meeting new people/followers/watchers, and besides it's not that I'm using shouts for other things. xP

13 minutes ago, MuttButt said:

I think they're kind of pointless, but it doesn't really bug me or anything. It's kind of like saying "lol" or "cool" in a comment or something like that. You're not actually contributing any kind of conversation or even sincere thought. It's just something people churn out constantly because they feel like they have to say something, or that it's polite.

Now, one-word comments on sumbissions are different: when you post something, you expect some kind of feedback, and "lol" doesn't add anything to it. A "Thank you" on the page in a section that is supposed to store random comments is okay, a pointless comment in a section that is supposed to store feedbacks is a tad more annoying.

Edited by Valery91Thunder

• 1 month later...

Im pretty indifferent if someone comes on my page to thank me. I mean...youre the one who made the art, no, thank you! Yes I like your stuff, it is implied by the watch. I wont bother responding back to the high volume of these, but they dont necessarily annoy me.

I often get regular watches or likes myself (seemingly randomly) so I find it a chore to go through and thank random strangers, I would think the thanks is already implied as well.

I think the best show of appreciation is something more than a simple "thank you" but more a meaningful comment on what you liked on the work and the extra detail.

Also attempting to fish watchers and faves and exposure has got to be a pretty useless task. If youre going to have a gallery account, it should be for personal use and building connections and not an attempt to gain popularity, that just leads to frustration.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1

On 12/7/2015 at 3:49 AM, Hewge said:

It's mostly to just get their name plastered around out there through a way that takes no effort.

I don't know. Am I the only one who just gets really excited when someone +watches me? A "thank you" post is my way of telling them they made my day a little bit brighter.

• Like 1

I do ones for the first person who favs a pic i post. Just my little way to show appreciation to be the first to fav a pic. It's always nice to see the first person who faved a pic.

That being said doing it for every single Fav is such a silly idea because in the 15 minutes between when they favved and when you noticed and then went to their page their favorites box is already filled like 8 new pics in that time that they faved.

I don't really do it for watches but i understand the shouts for those because watching someone isn't a thing poeple generally spam as much as favving so it's worth appreciating.

11 hours ago, jcstinks said:

I don't know. Am I the only one who just gets really excited when someone +watches me? A "thank you" post is my way of telling them they made my day a little bit brighter.

You must be the only one, surely! Good for you, bby. You're the most wonderful person in the world ~

I rarely get these, but when I do it's kind of nice. I rarely get comments or shouts, so getting them is a nice reminder that there's a human behind an account. I don't give them out, though, don't wanna annoy people who follow me. I do like it when I favorite a friends work and they pop on by to give me a thanks, since that's a bit more personal.