So! What does everyone think of the new forums?

Sar

I'm very happy to see the forums back, even if the old data is not there. Thank you Carenath for preserving our community. : )

Are we unable to edit the opening posts to threads? I made two topics just now with the assumption that I would be able to update the opening posts.

Edit: Also, the Site Discussion forum seems to be set to private. Otherwise, I would've posted the question there.

Edited by SirRob

Yes, because I used to be a cat. When I became an otter, I ddin't change my name. because everyone knew me as Summercat.

Okay here we go, let's check this out.

Cats. They're cute, they're silly, they're wacky. Everyone loves cats! Otters. Pretty much the same deal, BUT. Cats don't like water, Otters are ALL over that. 

Cats are like, man no. Get this stuff outta here.

Otters are like

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

So in the summer, what do we like to do? Go in the water! And since Otters are basically cats, he really IS a Summercat!

... Also the forums are nice, please no round avatars. :c 

Okay here we go, let's check this out.

Cats. They're cute, they're silly, they're wacky. Everyone loves cats! Otters. Pretty much the same deal, BUT. Cats don't like water, Otters are ALL over that. 

Cats are like, man no. Get this stuff outta here.

Otters are like

So in the summer, what do we like to do? Go in the water! And since Otters are basically cats, he really IS a Summercat!

... Also the forums are nice, please no round avatars. :c 

No wonder otters like to drown in white bodily fluids.

New features (better quoting, image attachment/insertion): Good!
New start: Good!
Color scheme: Meh!
Seeing everyone who really cares coming back and rejoining: Completely compelling.

As some folks have mentioned in other threads there are a few tweaks I'd like to see, little things like the personal quips (I miss Bitter juniper flavor near my icon, dammit) and the color scheme. But overall? This is probably that fresh start that was needed, because it really opens up a whole new canvas for everyone to paint on.

Or shitpost on. Whichever! Though I have to say some of the shitposting here has been elevated to the level of fine art.

New features (better quoting, image attachment/insertion): Good!
New start: Good!
Color scheme: Meh!
Seeing everyone who really cares coming back and rejoining: Completely compelling.

As some folks have mentioned in other threads there are a few tweaks I'd like to see, little things like the personal quips (I miss Bitter juniper flavor near my icon, dammit) and the color scheme. But overall? This is probably that fresh start that was needed, because it really opens up a whole new canvas for everyone to paint on.

Or shitpost on. Whichever! Though I have to say some of the shitposting here has been elevated to the level of fine art.

Did we announce this anywhere? I just clicked on the link in my favorites to see if the site was back up.

I like how there's already over 100 people on the site though. How many were on the old site?

Did we announce this anywhere? I just clicked on the link in my favorites to see if the site was back up.

I like how there's already over 100 people on the site though. How many were on the old site?

Personally I found out through this tweet by FATransparency; if not for that I'd had found out late Friday afternoon when I hit reload on the URL just to see if there was an update. The thing about this community and the people who sponsor it that I like? When they say "We'll have something new for you soon," they mean soon to be "in a reasonable amount of time," not "maybe in another five months if we can be arsed to do something about it." But I digress, that was the old regime.

I hope the word will spread. Maybe if we're Super Lucky, Greenreaper will put update #6 on the now-buried story that was posted to Flayrah!

Wait, where be the timestamps?! CHAOS, I DUNNO THE EXACT TIME I POSTED AT TWO HOURS PRIOR *gasp* /overdramatic

"Posted 1 minute ago" "posted two hours ago" "posted 1 year ago"

I know, right! What the hell is this, some furry place where people of similar affinities post things where basic timestamps are some pseudo-abstract concept?

You guys are not color blind are ye?

Am I the only one who likes this theme?

It isn't that I don't like it, personally. It's very nice, actually!

I just do a lot of late night/early morning browsing whenever I can't sleep, and it's nice to have the option not to have my retinas seared clean off after an hour or two of staring at pure white

You guys are not color blind are ye?

Am I the only one who likes this theme?

I actually think I'm slightly red green color blind lol.

Also I was going to edit this into my other post but I can't figure out how to do that. I've already forgotten how to edit posts. Or maybe I'm not allowed to anymore? I dunno.

Apparently the edit button goes away after a short period of time.

Edited by Battlechili

I actually think I'm slightly red green color blind lol.

Also I was going to edit this into my other post but I can't figure out how to do that. I've already forgotten how to edit posts. Or maybe I'm not allowed to anymore? I dunno.

Apparently the edit button goes away after a short period of time.

Oh crap chilichili! Arent you an artist? 

That makes you the second person in FaF with color blindness 

1. Garth

2. You

Oh crap chilichili! Arent you an artist? 

That makes you the second person in FaF with color blindness 

1. Garth

2. You

No, I'm no artist. I just make something every once in a blue moon. I wish I was, but I can't draw worth a damn yet. Anywho, color blindness isn't all that uncommon really. The worst part is that oftentimes some shades of red appear black to me. 

Edited by Battlechili