So! What does everyone think of the new forums?

Sar

Barren, but that's to be expected, of course.

Not sure if I'll be active here, that waits to be seen, but I would definitely look into an alternative colour scheme at some stage if it is possible. Some people (like me) have difficulty reading well with dark text on bright backgrounds.

But so far, it's nice.

Yeah... Very plain and boring. I hope to see some flavor added to it. Am also with Wolflich, I don't much care for circle avatars, especially since I don't have any currently that will work without srs editing.

I do however enjoy the fact that there are notifications of new posts that pop up while I'm typing replies and that there are notification in general.

Edited by Kinare

New threads are only visible to me if I refresh the forum they are in while viewing it. Refreshing the index and then navigating to that forum will not show new threads there and this is silly.

I'm seeing the same thing with Chrome 45. A manual refresh is necessary to update a page.

Yeah... Very plain and boring. I hope to see some flavor added to it. Am also with Wolflich, I don't much care for circle avatars, especially since I don't have any currently that will work without srs editing.

I do however enjoy the fact that there are notifications of new posts that pop up while I'm typing replies and that there are notification in general.

When you add an avatar, the website has a built in cropping feature.
So if that's the reason why, you don't need to worry about that.

There is even real time notifications! :D

This, to me, is one of THE most essential things on a forum. It blows my mind when forums don't have this feature

When you add an avatar, the website has a built in cropping feature.So if that's the reason why, you don't need to worry about that.

Yeah, but because the corners and edges of my usual pics have important stuff in them, I have to go resize them or some such. I only have to do it once I guess, so I suppose I could live with it, but the only problem is figuring out the best way to edit them without making them loo crappy. =/

Edit: look at this garbage crop job, gah

Edited by Kinare
gah

Yeah, but because the corners and edges of my usual pics have important stuff in them, I have to go resize them or some such. I only have to do it once I guess, so I suppose I could live with it, but the only problem is figuring out the best way to edit them without making them loo crappy. =/

That's fair. I tend to have multiple different versions of all of my avatars for this specific reason, even if I rarely ever use them.. But I still had to make them at SOME point, so I agree, it's a bit annoying.

Edit: look at this garbage crop job, gah

I'm not a fan of the circle-avatars either but I believe that's done with CSS so it should be easy enough to change.

I like the minimal/modern look, and the avatar's are nice, it doesn't matter if squared or circled for me personally. The real time notifications are awesome! Caught me by surprise! Profiles are cool too, it's nice to see a bit of user info and DM by just hovering your cursor over the avatar. good work! 

I'm not a fan of the circle-avatars either but I believe that's done with CSS so it should be easy enough to change.

Personally the only thing that REALLY bothers me is the low quality way that the forum cuts the avatars to be round.
If you have a keen eye, you can see how jagged the edges are, and it's pretty off putting.

It's all CSS.  I just had a look at this page with styles turned off, and not only are the avatars squares and rectangles, but they're the full-size images.  There's no server-side reduction or cropping; it's all in the browser.

That's actually pretty interesting information. The more you know. (I also checked with inspect element, seems you're correct)

Edit:

How the fuck did you set a signature? I can't see an option anywhere and I turned it on in the ACP

Account Settings. There's a new tab now

Edited by ChaosCalix