Can't see the Phoenix Logo anymore :(

DevilishlyHandsome49

It has been something like that on the light theme for weeks now. It even makes web elements overlap with the sign-in and profile menu. Yes, there is a fix by futzing about with the css or using certain plugins, but we shouldn't have to. I can only wonder what newcomers think when they happen upon this site and its busted default theme.

On 12/29/2015 at 5:32 PM, DrGravitas said:

I can only wonder what newcomers think when they happen upon this site and its busted default theme.

That from a technical perspective, we're just as good at maintaining/fixing things as the fat purple Digimon was?

@Carenath This really needs to get fixed, or you should consider giving co-admin responsibility to somebody who has the basic tech skills and time they can invest in the site.

• Like 1

There definitely is a need for someone with more free time to have administrative access. The forum isn't mature enough yet to be left unattended.

Also, whatever happened to ArielMT? She seemed very involved in the planning and organization of Phoenix initially.

Edited by Onnes
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I occasionally still see it, but that tends to coincide with poor connectivity, which makes me think that a long-dead cached version is being grabbed.

In terms of regular connections, I see no logo in Chrome 49.0.2618.8 dev-m (64-bit), Chrome Mobile 47.0.2526.83, and Microsoft Edge.

1 hour ago, Onnes said:

I occasionally still see it, but that tends to coincide with poor connectivity, which makes me think that a long-dead cached version is being grabbed.

In terms of regular connections, I see no logo in Chrome 49.0.2618.8 dev-m (64-bit), Chrome Mobile 47.0.2526.83, and Microsoft Edge.

There was no Phoenixed logo. It was just some swamp gas reflecting off a weather balloon.

giphy.gif

Edited by Ginpanther
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Last I knew the hosting was free.

That Carenath completely disappeared from Twitter makes me think that there might be a legal issue happening that we're unaware of. Maybe FA is up to something.

what legal issue would that be though? I can't think of any issue FA could possibly have with this forum aside from maybe taking the likeness of some of the forum names but that would be petty as fuck, even for 'Neer

Edited by willow

14 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

So wait what's going on now? Is that faggot Neer's wacky ride continuing once again?

A part of me hopes so, if only for the tiny, remote chance that he might read this thread. Namely the part where I tell him to go fuck himself.

implying he isn't already doing that, right now

More to the point, why did it break in the first place? Whatever they did to cause this bug, they ought to undo.

I'm surprised, I really thought it'd be fixed by now.

Edit: @Carenath has been off since the 10th of December, does he even know of the issue yet?

Edited by PheagleAdler

The logo had been working for me up until today. It's finally gone for me too. I'm on safari on an iPhone. Still have never logged in on a computer...  As for Carenath, has anyone heard from him at all? As in, are we sure he's even ok and not in a hospital or something? 

Heres something interesting.

Ive never chosen a theme, or defined one, or changed any of my view settings since registering.

My work PC right now that im on, shows the logo fine.  Google Chrome, Windows 7 X64, etc.

My Home laptop shows the X missing image, and the top bar is hinky, and that PC is Google Chrome, Windows 7 X64.....

I just noticed something else, @Carenath's profiles last online date has been back-dated before several of his recent posts.

According to his profile page he last visited Dec 2nd 2015....

Yet several posts exist from him which were made on December 10th.

So this makes me wonder if for one reason or another he wanted to make it appear he had not used the site since then....

OR its some kind of weird date/time glitch.

Edited by Xander Venterus

24 minutes ago, Xander Venterus said:

I just noticed something else, @Carenath's profiles last online date has been back-dated before several of his recent posts.

According to his profile page he last visited Dec 2nd 2015....

Yet several posts exist from him which were made on December 10th.

So this makes me wonder if for one reason or another he wanted to make it appear he had not used the site since then....

OR its some kind of weird date/time glitch.

This happens when you log in as invisible. Check my last visited date.

5 minutes ago, Xander Venterus said:

This was rather disturbing to see to, looks like the corvidae main site has been hacked maybe?

http://corvidae.org/

Hard to tell if he meant that there for some reason, or it really was exploited....

That's a joke that's been there since this forum came up on the corvidae domain.