Do furries have crappy lives?

#00Buck

4 minutes ago, Mentova said:

ok hawt I can't wait bby

meet me at the dumpster in 5

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Willow:

*Reads from notebook*

You are poor and nobody wants to fuck you.

Yeah, not much in there on you.

Sorry but you're kinda boring.

Thanks for talking about the crepes.

*writes in notebook about Willow's disgusting pancake fetish*

that's pretty spot on I guess.

but my love for pancakes is strong and pure and not disgusting at all >:[

2 minutes ago, Mentova said:

I buried my great grandpa today and I'm in a shitty mood and just want to mindlessly play videogames and shitpost

We have cupcakes ;-)

For real though. My condolences on your great grandpa. 

Best wishes. Be well. I hope there are good times to remember. 

Edited by #00Buck

2 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

When is Rassah going to comment on this thread?

That guy bragged about planning to drive a Ferrari in Aruba, then spent his time in Aruba on this forum arguing with US.  He has to be miserable.  Happy people don't do that, happy people get the Ferrari, crank up Magical Sound Shower, (No one will get this reference without Googling it. :( ) and go drifting.

Oh sure, he'll tell you he's happy.  But happy people don't spend their vacations abroad arguing on forums with furries.  I think this is something that we can ALL agree upon.

Edited by AshleyAshes
  • Like 3

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

That guy bragged about planning to drive a Ferrari in Aruba, then spent his time in Aruba on this forum arguing with US.  He has to be miserable.  Happy people don't do that, happy people get the Ferrari, crank up Magical Sound Shower, (No one will get this reference without Googling it. :( ) and go drifting.

But this thread needs iinput on bitcoins, hotel lamps, sleeping in your car, being a taxi driver, and putting your arms out at your sides and pretending to be an airplane.

5 minutes ago, Barnectomy said:

You should make a poll about how many people here have diagnosed mental disorders. I'm willing to bet that's a factor.

I'm not sure that would even tell you much. Between depression, anxiety, and ADD diagnoses, you've probably got a majority of the general population in this age group answering yes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Barnectomy said:

You should make a poll about how many people here have diagnosed mental disorders. I'm willing to bet that's a factor.

Good idea. 

I bet most people here mental health issues. 

I love how many threads feature someone telling the poster "see a psychiatrist."

1 minute ago, #00Buck said:

Good idea. 

I love how many threads feature someone telling the poster "see a psychiatrist."

It sucks that such things cost money though. I doubt most people that need to see a psychiatrist will actually ever go see one, in part because of the effort, time, and money involved in doing so.

I used to go to a counselor though. My parents thought I needed it when I really didn't. Now when I actually do need it its not available.

6 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Good idea. 

I think I know why this thread was made now...

You know,  he has some social anxieties and I told em' he should't worry so much. 

4 hours ago, Mikazuki Marazhu said:

Garth is a Surgeon/Medical Practitioner

I'm a Chef

Yellow_Fox is an Engineer

Muln is a Bank Supervisor.

I'm a venture capitalist

My husband is a tech manager at a company that makes computers that control factory equipment (robot brain surgeon)

My best friend is a senior tractor trailer mechanic

One of my friends is a lawyer

Another is a physics engineer at DARPA

Yeah, I think furries comprise of a fairly normal slice of humanity.

But all of us with normal life simply have nothing to complain about, and have otherwise fairly boring lives. Went to work, did my thing, everything went as planned, no drama happened, 52 weeks of the year. Only those with issues complain, and the complaints are all you see, so it paints a distorted picture.

15 minutes ago, Rassah said:

I'm a venture capitalist

My husband is a tech manager at a company that makes computers that control factory equipment (robot brain surgeon)

My best friend is a senior tractor trailer mechanic

One of my friends is a lawyer

Another is a physics engineer at DARPA

Yeah, I think furries comprise of a fairly normal slice of humanity.

But all of us with normal life simply have nothing to complain about, and have otherwise fairly boring lives. Went to work, did my thing, everything went as planned, no drama happened, 52 weeks of the year. Only those with issues complain, and the complaints are all you see, so it paints a distorted picture.

Yeah, this sounds about right, it's just a case of the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Either that or they just keep their problems to themselves and soldier on with life.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Anyway, to add to the conversation, I think that the Furry Fandom, being built on so much roleplay, 'fursonas' and everything else like that, it's basically an ocean of escapism that people, including those looking to escape things, will dive into.

An ocean of furry spooge. 

16 hours ago, Battlechili said:

I've never been officially diagnosed with any sort of mental illness as of yet.

Speaking of diagnoses, we diagnose mental states as illnesses more frequently than ever. In the past, you might have been heralded as lunatic, crazy, misfits or something equally generic

On 1/6/2016 at 6:47 PM, #00Buck said:

People bleeding from their ass and lonely over dead pets.

The regular suicide threats.

Flunking out of school. 

Living in your parents basement. 

Grinding poverty and crappy minimum wage jobs. 

Physical, psychological, and sexual abuse. 

Diagnosed and medicated for multiple mental illnesses.

Ah, puberty. :)

• Like 2

Furries are young, usually self indulgent/vain/insecure, introverted, and dependent on the internet for friendships. 

Its not a surprise most have stress in their lives. But if you are asking more about this forum, its the emo thing that causes 90% of their probs. 

• Like 3

I think its a generational issue too. Can't tell you how many times I see people my age who just can't get their crap together. And I am not talking about circumstances outside of their control, but poor life choices.
As far as my life. I own a house, I have money, a good paying job. It took me a bit to get where I am at but all in all I live comfortably.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Furries are young, usually self indulgent/vain/insecure, introverted, and dependent on the internet for friendships. 

Its not a surprise most have stress in their lives. But if you are asking more about this forum, its the emo thing that causes 90% of their probs. 

Good observation.

1 hour ago, Rukh Whitefang said:

I think its a generational issue too. Can't tell you how many times I see people my age who just can't get their crap together. And I am not talking about circumstances outside of their control, but poor life choices.
As far as my life. I own a house, I have money, a good paying job. It took me a bit to get where I am at but all in all I live comfortably.

Poor life choices seem rampant around here. 

College education? Who needs that. Minimum wage job here I come! 

27 minutes ago, LazerMaster5 said:

The amount of people here going through puberty later than normal is too damn high.

So is the rent. 

• Like 1

I don't have a crappy life but I could have.  Hard work, ambition, good choices, friends, family, and luck put me where I am.  I could throw it all away in minutes if I wanted to. Many here are still in the middle of their journey.  It's important to not give up and keep fighting.  This country makes success and happiness harder and harder every year.   When all else fails get fuzzy.   

• Like 1

There is no real correlation between quality of life and being a furry or not. I don't think their is any sort of correlation or causation between quality of life and being a furry or not.

There are a lot of people with crappy lives especially with pessimistic attitudes. and furries are surprisingly enough people so there are going to be furries with crappy lives because there are people with crappy lives.

9 hours ago, AlastairSnowpaw said:

There is no real correlation between quality of life and being a furry or not. I don't think their is any sort of correlation or causation between quality of life and being a furry or not.

There are a lot of people with crappy lives especially with pessimistic attitudes. and furries are surprisingly enough people so there are going to be furries with crappy lives because there are people with crappy lives.

I don't know of any other forums that get people threatening suicide once every four weeks. 

Around here you can practically set you watch by it.