Fun Stuff

PastryOfApathy

I was debating making a thread about this since I literally haven't told anyone, internet, "real-life" not a soul. But fuck it, I don't have anything to really lose and people deserve to know.

For the last few months I've been contemplating suicide as my mind has felt like its been slowly degrading and only getting worse and worse. I randomly start crying for reasons I don't even know, I've started seeing things that aren't even there, my dreams have become more and more visceral, I can't fucking sleep, and every morning I wake up and I don't even know if I'm alive. Every day has just become a fucking blur as I can't even fucking do anything anymore. I can't draw, I can't post, I can't talk to people nothing. 

Everyday me and the only family I have left (my dad and my sister) have grown more and more apart and everytime they ask how I'm doing I have to fucking lie. I can't tell anyone anything, I've kept everything inside my entire life and it's finally killing me. I've pushed everyone away and the only people I have left on FAF I feel like I've been lying to this entire time. This fake fucking internet persona, everything. Like, I've been here for years but I've never been able to truly open myself up to anybody. After all is said and done, I don't know anybody and no one really knows me and no matter what I do I can't change that. No matter what I do my brain just fucks me and I can't even realize it until it's too late and I have no one left. I'm tired of only being able to talk to myself in a fucking disgusting bathroom mirror, I just want to be able to act like a fucking human being.

This is probably a bunch of incoherent rambling, but I needed to say something. Feel free to ignore this I don't give a shit.

I'm sore to hear this pastry I really am as someone who considers you a good friend and cares about you it pains me to know that you have been dealing with this by yourself though I had suspicion that something was troubling you I apologize for not acting on them I will talk with you more in private on Skype or discord

:C I cannot relate to the intensity of your plight unfortunately, so much like usual I offer the sincerest of hypothetical forum hugs if youre into that.

Im sorry stuff has been awful...if there were any small thing I could do to help I totally would.

We may not be friends or anything but its pretty chill seeing you around amd I hope it stays that way, man

Edited by WolfNightV4X1
  • Like 1

It's not clear from the post whether you already know what the problem is. I assume you're already trying to fix it anyway if it is as medical/neuro as it sounds. I can relate to feeling like no substantial connection has been made -- probably for slightly different reason but ... Anyway, I'm not sure how you mean that your brain fucks you, is it some particular problem that happens when you try to open up? 

The thing about fake internet persona is interesting. For many it seems to be a goal not to have the real identity present there. It's like a grand opportunity to sculpt and shape the image given to others. Do you feel like it should be more directly representative, or maybe you have hidden the particular parts of yourself that it feels inauthentic to hide? Do you think that it'll help if you try deliberately to present more of the real self? 

I might not know you well, but I'm sad to read this.  I always love seeing your posts and I think your drawings are great.  I can relate to keeping feelings to yourself, but it's really not healthy.  I've been down there, feeling like everything is going wrong, wondering what I live for and what good I'm doing and contemplating certain things.  I don't have any good advice for the now, but in my experience, when things are at their worst they can only get better, and then I look back at those thoughts and wonder how I could ever let myself feel that way.  I hope things gets better for you too.  I wouldn't mind to get to know you better.

You've identified that you need to actually have people to confide in and discuss your problems with. If your family are good people then you should certainly tell them something is wrong. And of course there's always the anonymity and scope of talking to people on the internet. Whatever you do, talk to someone; you have contacts with many people on this forum as evidenced in this thread.

I don't know you beyond what you post on these forums, but you've always made a good impression in my mind. If you ever want to discuss things with someone with an annoyingly academic personality and some background in depression, I'm (almost) always here.

• Like 1

I was debating making a thread about this since I literally haven't told anyone, internet, "real-life" not a soul. But fuck it, I don't have anything to really lose and people deserve to know.

You are a very brave person

• Like 2

even though I'm awful at talking about feelings and shit I'll still offer my time if you want it. I do consider you a friend and it worries me to see you like this...

As for the fake internet persona I do that too, and I think I've just ruined mine by being friendly. :V

but whatever, this is worth it

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

For the last few months I've been contemplating suicide as my mind has felt like its been slowly degrading and only getting worse and worse. I randomly start crying for reasons I don't even know, I've started seeing things that aren't even there, my dreams have become more and more visceral, I can't fucking sleep, and every morning I wake up and I don't even know if I'm alive. Every day has just become a fucking blur as I can't even fucking do anything anymore. I can't draw, I can't post, I can't talk to people nothing. 

Everyday me and the only family I have left (my dad and my sister) have grown more and more apart and everytime they ask how I'm doing I have to fucking lie. I can't tell anyone anything, I've kept everything inside my entire life and it's finally killing me. I've pushed everyone away and the only people I have left on FAF I feel like I've been lying to this entire time. This fake fucking internet persona, everything. Like, I've been here for years but I've never been able to truly open myself up to anybody. After all is said and done, I don't know anybody and no one really knows me and no matter what I do I can't change that. No matter what I do my brain just fucks me and I can't even realize it until it's too late and I have no one left. I'm tired of only being able to talk to myself in a fucking disgusting bathroom mirror, I just want to be able to act like a fucking human being.

This is probably a bunch of incoherent rambling, but I needed to say something. Feel free to ignore this I don't give a shit.

Please seek professional help. 

Contemplation of suicide is serious enough to require urgent medical attention.

Visual hallucinations make the need for medical attention more urgent. 

We all know you drive to get to work. A visual hallucination could lead to a car accident that could kill innocent people. 

Loss of relations with close family members and increased isolation increase the risk of a suicide attempt. 

Please contact your family physician and get a referral for a psychiatrist and contact a crisis centre for emergency counselling services. 

Good luck in solving your problems. Do not try to face this without professional help. There are people who can help you with this.

• Like 7

I'm so sorry you're going through all this, Pastry. Wow. Shit.

I agree with other people here that you need to find somebody to confide in, because keeping everything in and trying to maintain a "fake persona" is taking a serious toll on your health.

Definitely agree with Buck that a medical professional can help figure out whether something physical or neurological is going on here, and that a therapist might be worth talking to.

Good luck. Please stay safe, and keep us posted on how you're doing.

definitely not a fun situation to be in and I feel for you. I don't really expect you to share the specifics of your situation because it's probably way too personal for a public forum but the main thing you should do right now is just focus on breathing and just take a moment to recompose. it doesn't solve the problem but it's a start. seeking professional help also isn't a bad idea but if you can't properly express what it is you're feeling then therapy might not be best right now.

by the way, do you take any medication at all? if you do then your medicine might also be causing you problems.

and even though you may not know us or we may not truly know you (which to be fair, we're all personas here), we're good people and we care.

Edited by willow
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, willow said:

definitely not a fun situation to be in and I feel for you. I don't really expect you to share the specifics of your situation because it's probably way too personal for a public forum but the main thing you should do right now is just focus on breathing and just take a moment to recompose. it doesn't solve the problem but it's a start. seeking professional help also isn't a bad idea but if you can't properly express what it is you're feeling then therapy might not be best right now.

by the way, do you take any medication at all? if you do then your medicine might also be causing you problems.

and even though you may not know us or we may not truly know you (which to be fair, we're all personas here), we're good people and we care.

Seeking professional help is an excellent idea. So is therapy regardless if if you can express what you are feeling or not. 

Don't discourage people from seeking professional help when they are in crisis especially if they are suicidal.

How would you feel if you told them not to go to therapy and they end up committing suicide?

If someone is having visual hallucinations things have gone far beyond the point of taking a deep breath. This is a serious medical situation. 

• Like 2

I'm back...not that I ever really left but y'know.

I sincerely appreciate everything everyone's said and I can't really describe how much it means to me to hear what everyone's had to say. I'm not going to lie and say I know what's going to happen from here, but at least I can remember what people have said here and hold on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I'm back...not that I ever really left but y'know.

I sincerely appreciate everything everyone's said and I can't really describe how much it means to me to hear what everyone's had to say. I'm not going to lie and say I know what's going to happen from here, but at least I can remember what people have said here and hold on.

Good luck. Please update us on your progress. Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by #00Buck

Pastry, I don't know you, but I really like seeing you around here. I appreciate your posts and your snark.

I sympathize with how you feel, and I really hope you pull through. I also agree with our resident fish that you should seek outside, medical help.

Best of luck.

17 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

Seeking professional help is an excellent idea. So is therapy regardless if if you can express what you are feeling or not. 

Don't discourage people from seeking professional help when they are in crisis especially if they are suicidal.

How would you feel if you told them not to go to therapy and they end up committing suicide?

If someone is having visual hallucinations things have gone far beyond the point of taking a deep breath. This is a serious medical situation. 

That's not what I said though..

1 hour ago, willow said:

This is exactly what you said.

Be mature and own up to it. 

Do not discourage people from seeking the help that they need. 

Yeah, a seasoned therapist can help somebody to figure out and express what they're feeling, if they aren't totally sure themselves.

Needing to have your shit completely together beforehand would defeat the purpose in many cases, in my estimation.

7 minutes ago, #00Buck said:

This is exactly what you said.

Be mature and own up to it. 

Do not discourage people from seeking the help that they need. 

I'll admit that it wasn't the best worded sentence but I wasn't discouraging anyone. 

Just now, willow said:

I'll admit that it wasn't the best worded sentence but I wasn't discouraging anyone. 

Bullshit. You wrote what you meant. Be mature. There's a time for shitposting and there's a time for being serious.

When someone is talking suicide it's serious. 

Just now, #00Buck said:

Bullshit. You wrote what you meant. Be mature. There's a time for shitposting and there's a time for being serious.

When someone is talking suicide it's serious. 

Stop shitting up my thread, this isn't the time or place to be a nitpicky asshole.

14 minutes ago, Troj said:

Yeah, a seasoned therapist can help somebody to figure out and express what they're feeling, if they aren't totally sure themselves.

Needing to have your shit completely together beforehand would defeat the purpose in many cases, in my estimation.

My problem is that I can't open up to anybody, like at all. My entire life I've been to no less than 10 different therapists and the result has always been the same. There just exists this seemingly indestructible barrier that prevents me from opening up enough to make therapy even remotely effective.

I want it to work, but if I can't even be open to the closest people in my life how the fuck am I going to open up to a complete stranger?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troj said:

Willow did make a valid point that if you're taking medication, it sometimes make sense to ask your doctor if changes in your mood or health could be due to said medication.

I think that's covered by seeking medical attention. 

1 minute ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Stop shitting up my thread, this isn't the time or place to be a nitpicky asshole.

Sure thing.

Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

My problem is that I can't open up to anybody, like at all. My entire life I've been to no less than 10 different therapists and the result has always been the same. There just exists this seemingly indestructible barrier that prevents me from opening up enough to make therapy even remotely effective.

I want it to work, but if I can't even be open to the closest people in my life how the fuck am I going to open up to a complete stranger?

Normally I'd just reply that you'd get used to it, but the '10 different therapists' thing implies otherwise. My experience with that kind of issue could basically be divided into two points. The first is motivation: being open with the therapist is necessary if you want them to be able to help you. It's an obvious thing to state, but just repeating it in your mind can be useful.

The larger point, though, is overcoming the barrier to actually being open. You wrote this post and submitted it onto the internet for all to see. Have you considered writing down something describing your issues, thoughts, feelings, and what have you and giving that written document to your therapist? I've found that can be an effective way to actually open conversations and subjects that one would otherwise have trouble revealing in the moment.

26 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

the fact that you could confide in us is a step in the right direction at least.

• Like 2

And, of course, the relationship matters, so there are inevitably some therapists that people won't click with. The "fit" is even more important if you're the sort to not like to open up.

Finding that "fit" is often a matter of trial-and-error.

There's also more than one therapeutic modality in the world, and not all of them necessarily involve talking.

Edited by Troj

I really hope things work out for you girl.

Writing things down, whether as a way of sharing information that you may not verbally or simply writing down what you feel to rationalize it and strip it of it's power.

When you are ill, the power of some paper and pencil as a way of escaping yourself is not to be underestimated.

I was going to take advantage of your vulnerability to attack you as payback, but seeing how doing that when one is at their weakest is cowardly and how people who for some miraculous reason appreciate me more or less would disapprove, I'm just going to say that I don't like you. Irrelevant, since you already have so many backers. Odd: I thought backstabbing cunts normally didn't have any? Weird

The one you're having is but another depressive phase. You'll live.

Edited by Guest

So, you are not actually a hateful, angry, jerk asshole who likes to bully and harass vulnerable easy targets... but a sad, confused, depressed type who is just lashing out at others as a means of dealing with their own pains and frustrations? That sounds like a stereotypical cliché. But I guess stereotypes form for a reason.

Figure your own shit out instead of blaming it, or taking it out, on others.

Could you guys at least not respond to this thread instead of being critical of her at her worst?

I mean, I appreciate the mature way the criticism was brought forward, at least, but perhaps another time would have been better?

Besides, I dont recall Pastry being any worse than some other people around the forums.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amiir said:

I was going to take advantage of your vulnerability to attack you as payback, but seeing how doing that when one is at their weakest is cowardly and how people who for some miraculous reason appreciate me more or less would disapprove, I'm just going to say that I don't like you. Irrelevant, since you already have so many backers. Odd: I thought backstabbing cunts normally didn't have any? Weird

The one you're having is but another depressive phase. You'll live.

What in the holy mother of fuck are you talking about?

Did something happen when I wasn't looking?

13 minutes ago, Rassah said:

Textual bile.

I was waiting for you chime in actually.

I don't have anything to say to you that hasn't already been said since you're not worth getting angry over, so I'll simply tell you and your shitty armchair psychology to go suck off a lawnmower. Toodles honey~

15 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

What in the holy mother of fuck are you talking about?

Did something happen when I wasn't looking?

To avoid derailing the thread, I'll gladly PM you about it shortly, after dinner and washing the dishes

3 minutes ago, Amiir said:

To avoid derailing the thread, I'll gladly PM you about it shortly, after dinner and washing the dishes

I look forward to it.

EDIT: Actually fuck it, post it here. There isn't much of a topic to derail so might as well let everyone who has some kind grudge against me for some inexplicable reason post their bile for all to see while I'm the most vulnerable like the classy people you clearly are.

Edited by PastryOfApathy

50 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

Besides, I dont recall Pastry being any worse than some other people around the forums.

Maybe not as bad as users like Brass, but Pastry is definitely pretty bad about the unwarranted insults and bitterness.  I usually find her posts to be more comical than serious, but I can see how people consistently on the receiving end can feel differently.  I do feel like she's been improving in that, though.

Edited by Chrysocyon
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chrysocyon said:

Maybe not as bad as users like Brass, but Pastry is definitely pretty bad about the unwarranted insults and bitterness.  I usually find her posts to be more comical than serious, but I can see how people consistently on the receiving end can feel differently.  I do feel like she's been improving in that, though.

I think a lot of it is simply my sense of humor, a lot which I think has a bad habit of getting lost in translation.

I may seem insulting sometimes, and I'm more than willing to admit to fucking with people. But it's almost never serious and in complete honesty there are very few people here I have any genuine ill will towards. I mean hell until today some of the people here who've decided to show their true, disgusting colors I would have said are alright people who I respected.

I've said it time and time again and I'll say it until the day I die, this is a community about silly animal people. If you're taking everything 100% seriously all the goddamn time you have no one to blame but yourself when you're miserable all the fucking time.

46 minutes ago, Johanna Waya said:

When pastry first joined she was kinda in the closet about things, since then she has calmed down to just not serious stuff.

I mean really, people change specially when being trans comes to play.

It's not even that necessarily.

I joined this forum when I was I believe 18 or 19, and I'm going to be 22 years old in a couple weeks. It's hard to overstate how much someone can change within the span of only a few years. I've gained some of the greatest friends I've ever had, I've lost some of the greatest friends I've ever had. I've experienced some of the highest highs of my life, and I've experienced some of the lowest lows of my life.

I can't predict the future, but chances are I'll keep changing in one way or the other and as far as I'm concerned if people want to hate me that's fine. After all, one of the few constants in my personality has been the fact that I don't care. Just do me a favor next time and say it like a fucking adult instead of waiting until I'm emotionally vulnerable like some kind of spineless vulture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PastryOfApathy said:

I look forward to it.

EDIT: Actually fuck it, post it here. There isn't much of a topic to derail so might as well let everyone who has some kind grudge against me for some inexplicable reason post their bile for all to see while I'm the most vulnerable like the classy people you clearly are.

I won't do shit you're telling me to do. If I mentioned this here it was to test if you even would give a shit about what a stranger on the internet thinks of you, and you did. If you wanna hear what I have to say you'll do it on my terms. If you want to take snapshots afterwards and post them here and derail your own thread, be my guest. I'm not expecting anything better from you anyways. Be quick to block me if you don't want any PMs from me

4 minutes ago, PastryOfApathy said:

Just do me a favor next time and say it like a fucking adult instead of waiting until I'm emotionally vulnerable like some kind of spineless vulture.

If this is the case then I'll wait 'till you feel better. I'm no fucking coward, unlike you. Unlike you I say what I think of a person straight to their face rather than when they're away. Don't play victim here because you're not

Just now, Amiir said:

I won't do shit you're telling me to do. If I mentioned this here it was to test if you even would give a shit about what a stranger on the internet thinks of you, and you did. If you wanna hear what I have to say you'll do it on my terms. If you want to take snapshots afterwards and post them here and derail your own thread, be my guest. I'm not expecting anything better from you anyways. Be quick to block me if you don't want any PMs from me

If this is the case then I'll wait 'till you feel better. I'm no fucking coward, unlike you. Unlike you I say what I think of a person straight to their face rather than when they're away. Don't play victim here because you're not

What the fuck is your issue?

Whatever, PM me whatever the hell you want. I'm curious as to what horrific atrocities I've apparently committed.

• Like 1

What the hell is up with furfags and kicking people when they're down 

"You said something to me that hurt my feelings or disagreed with my opinions now that your vulnerable I'm going to attack you "

Get a fucking life Jesus fucking Christ 

Edited by Joel
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Amiir said:

If I mentioned this here it was to test if you even would give a shit about what a stranger on the internet thinks of you, and you did.

but.........................all you really said was "I don't like you" and say she was a backstabbing cunt. even if someone doesn't particularly care about shitty opinions on the internet, that's still pretty eyebrow raising and a bit uncalled for

so don't be so full of yourself like you proved some point. 

• Like 2

You'd think someone with the user title "Angry angsty adolescent" would be more self-aware.

Also, Rassah, people don't react poorly to you just because of your obsession with wealth and wealth-related topics. Your egotism and attitude towards others, the nastiness of which you displayed here, make you eminently unlikable on their own.

• Like 5

• Zeke locked this topic