Things that you love! v2

Sar

People here really are better than most people I know in real life.

There is one guy who started decorating Christmas stuff in his house on September, his reason: it's OK since it's "ber" months

septemBER octoBER novemBER decemBER

like... SERIOUSLY?!

People here really are better than most people I know in real life.

There is one guy who started decorating Christmas stuff in his house on September, his reason: it's OK since it's "ber" months

septemBER octoBER novemBER decemBER

like... SERIOUSLY?!

Going out and loading up a shopping cart with nice-to-haves for the animal shelter I volunteer with, which can go a ways to help make the homeless dogs and cats happy this holiday season. And, since I was at it, topping it with a pair of cute stuffed animals for kids in need as well.

20151210_182412.thumb.jpg.28c5914a032b5b

• Like 3

at 5:00 pm my classes will be done.

just exam prep and i'm fine with exams. because i can sleep, and be a human again.

hey world, it's been a while. (i know i've been around but i have felt as though i've become a slave to a schedule, so it's nice to break that chain for a while)

Edited by evan

Last month I bought a red jacket for Laikathat doubled as a harness. They assured me that the velcro is very strong but I was iffy. I tried it out a few times and was proven that it was super tough.

Today we were riding in the back of a truck (me, my bf, my bf's brother, my brother, and our four dogs) on our way to chop down Christmas trees. I don't trust my pups so I hooked them to a leash that stretched across the truck. Anyways, Laika was hooked to it by her jacket harness as I couldn't find her normal harness. When I was checking pictures of the pups (that I just took) she lept out of the truck. I grabbed her leash and started pulling right away and my bf's brother reached over and pulled her back in (he was closest while I was on the other side). 

The velcro held. This velcro held agaist a thirty pound puppy that just lept out a truck. 

This is why I always have my pups secured when riding in trucks or just when by an open window. This is why my pups also always are secured by harnesses vs collars. 

She ended up stickimg by me the rest of the ride and eventually ended up crawling through the back window of the truck to try to steal food. Pretty sure she will never try jumping again though.

That satisfying *swish* sound a katana makes when you manage to execute the cut perfectly.

The deep rumble of a Cessna engine as it drags you upwards into the air.

The wind rustling through palm tree leaves, as the waves break on the shore and the sun warms up your face.

The sound of tugging, grinding ropes, seaguls, fabric rustles, and the wind in your face, as you speed across the water using nothing but sail power.

The period right between where you have butterflies in your stomach as you first start on stage, and when you get into the groove, where you know from now on everything will be OK and you'll kill it (either presenting, or singing).

A nice quiet evening where you snuggle up with your love, under a warm blanket, with a hot cup of tea and cake, to watch some zombies on TV.

For anyone wondering about the benefits of private vs. public universities in the US, I figured I'd share my experience in the appropriate thread. While public universities are typically prohibited from allowing alcohol on campus, private universities are not so restricted. This means that if your department is decent, you can take advantage of plentiful free beer during the academic term at receptions and meetings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Onnes said:

For anyone wondering about the benefits of private vs. public universities in the US, I figured I'd share my experience in the appropriate thread. While public universities are typically prohibited from allowing alcohol on campus, private universities are not so restricted. This means that if your department is decent, you can take advantage of plentiful free beer during the academic term at receptions and meetings.

Not like restrictions ever stopped anyone.

One of the RA's was totally wasted a few days ago, and was jumping on people's cars during a fire drill.

Getting a major VC drunk, and then getting him to spill the beans on the drama and fuckups that go on behind the scenes of some of the businesses we deal with out there. Those stories can be hilarious, considering the stuffy "respectable" image those businesses try to portray in public. Basically, imagine furry levels of drama, except with fuckton of money being lost, and more shit hitting the fan in Rube Goldberg ways.

• Like 1