Rant: The sorry state of the video game industry

Aidy

Okay, so I've seen a lot of irritating shit in my time as part of the industry - both as a gamer and a game developer - but the things that've been happening over the past year or two really takes the cake.

I think my favourite example is Destiny. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it is, but for those who don't - it's Bungie's newest game. Halo got handed off to a new studio so Bungie went ahead and made something else, a game they promised their fans would love, a game rich in story and content, one that'd bring players together in a pretty epic universe. They showed off a fantastic game during its announcement at E3 a while back and I got a little hyped for it (which is pretty rare for me). 

But what we got was utter crap, and yet it still got praised as a good game. The mechanics are dull and repetitive, there's no story to it, there's no end-game content, the PVP feels stapled together and thrown in at the last minute as a final attempt at making at least something that's remotely marketable as a AAA game. They fired their composer for no reason and allegedly changed a large portion of the game about 8 months before it was going to be released. It's just boring. Yet somehow it's the best selling new and original IP of all time, somehow people still buy the content for the game - if they enjoy it, fair enough, but what annoys me is the denial that people have, the outright refusal to accept the game's huge and inherent flaws, even now.

This isn't necessarily entirely about Destiny, it's about everything. Too many games are thrown out of the development studios before they're ready, and the easy solution is "Hey! Let's blame the publishers!". No, let's blame all those who're responsible. The businessmen in charge who aren't versed in how long or how expensive it takes to make a good game, the people who stupidly buy their products time after time again despite knowing full well that what they're buying is complete garbage, the developers who half-arse their games despite having a deal that gives them more creative control (*coughDestinycough*), and the reviewers who're paid to review their games and give them a score in proportion to how much money they were actually paid by the marketing team.

Christ this shit irritates me. Whatever, rant over. I know lots of people don't agree with me because 'lol its cool to hate on EA so I'm gonna do it too!!!'  but I just wish some people'd stop and realise that if they're buying their products, if they're buying the things that they know are bad and then go on to complain about it but STILL buy things in that franchise then they're part of the problem.

I just hope that the new generation of consoles will solve this. EA have tried to rectify their mistakes at least, and I do respect them for it greatly. Their new CEO seems like a genuinely good guy, and I really do hope they change their image. The same goes for Ubisoft, they sunk lower than EA did but with their new line of titles coming up (some that I've tried, and I can't really talk about because NDAs) I think that they're going to get some of that lost reputation back. Perhaps not in regards to Assassin's Creed, but they innovate with new IPs and whatnot and it usually works quite well.

I'm tired and a little drunk and I'm cold, I need to rant about shit >:c

Totally agree here, I really blame Apple and the stupid Iphone Apps.
They started the ok to sell items you don't own thing and several user agreement standards used by most today.

Movie companies getting into the mix was bad too, now we have the same retards who ruin movies now making games like they know what they are doing.

Then the new gen of consoles designed around streaming and crap that the funding could of been used to make a better GAMING system and not a YouTube machine. Backwards compatibility is a BS thing they say can't be done, players would gladly pay for an Backwards capable edition even if we had to pay the difference in hardware costs but doesn't happen for some reason. Maybe to make you pay for the same games you had before with some slightly better graphics and charge again, never having to expend the costs to make a new game and voice actors just polish a slightly older game and resell it.

How many remakes are going to come out? When will remakes of remakes happen?

Yeah, it sucks but I can't really say it's any worse than it's been for the last 30 years. AAA studios have always been assholes in some form or another. Atari having no quality control, to Sega making bad hardware, to Nintendo being bullies, to the 360 having red rings. It's always been bad, but it changes. 

I share your hopes for a better generation. Personally, I think it'll be great once it starts to pick up. Though the rumors about Battlefront 3 being broken don't sit well with me. I hope it's bogus.

Totally agree here, I really blame Apple and the stupid Iphone Apps.
They started the ok to sell items you don't own thing and several user agreement standards used by most today.

Movie companies getting into the mix was bad too, now we have the same retards who ruin movies now making games like they know what they are doing.

Then the new gen of consoles designed around streaming and crap that the funding could of been used to make a better GAMING system and not a YouTube machine. Backwards compatibility is a BS thing they say can't be done, players would gladly pay for an Backwards capable edition even if we had to pay the difference in hardware costs but doesn't happen for some reason. Maybe to make you pay for the same games you had before with some slightly better graphics and charge again, never having to expend the costs to make a new game and voice actors just polish a slightly older game and resell it.

How many remakes are going to come out? When will remakes of remakes happen?

Yup, it seems to be happening everywhere that involves technology and media. But companies know that people will pay for things from their childhood, and they can make even more money from it from newer gamers too. It's a smart thing to do, I can get that, and I do like the occasional remake so long as it's done well (i.e. Resident Evil 1, and that also actually answers your question, heh).

Yeah, it sucks but I can't really say it's any worse than it's been for the last 30 years. AAA studios have always been assholes in some form or another. Atari having no quality control, to Sega making bad hardware, to Nintendo being bullies, to the 360 having red rings. It's always been bad, but it changes. 

I share your hopes for a better generation. Personally, I think it'll be great once it starts to pick up. Though the rumors about Battlefront 3 being broken don't sit well with me. I hope it's bogus.

True, it does change, but now I understand the frustration I saw from people years ago back when the 360 came out. I'm starting my career in this industry and it's got the potential to damage my potential, I usually always hold my beliefs and try to take the moral high ground when it comes to finding a job and if this is how the industry is going then I don't think I can work in it. I can't justify charging people an absurd amount of money for what is essentially a reskin of a previous instalment, it's just so wrong.

I used to care about big games and shit, but now I just don't care anymore. All it does is stress me out. I've got older games I can play, I don't got to worry about new ones.

I used to care, then I stopped giving a shit about "AAA" games and just played shit I liked. Besides if any game tries to pull any of that godawful pre-order nonsense I can always just pirate it out of spite.

I try not to care either, but I play AAA games to better my understanding of game design and game development as a whole. I've learnt a lot of great things from AAA games, as well as a lot of things to avoid. Not only that, but this recent surge in indie games has gotten kinda stale, now we're seeing a lot of the same thing coming out there too. 

Conversely, Shadowrun Returns, Pillars of Eternity, Civilization 5, XCOM:EU, Fallout 3/NV.

True, I can't deny the fantastic games that've come out, but it infuriates me that the crappy games get more attention than the fantastic games in some respects. If I asked someone at a store that sells games if they've ever played Shadowrun Returns (which is one of my favourite RPGs of all time), they'd probably say no - but I can guarantee that they've heard of Call of Duty or Fifa. It's quite depressing, really. Those titles only get so much attention because people give it to them.

I do understand the hypocrisy in what I'm doing, but I can at least attempt to justify it to myself by saying that I don't give them my money.

As long as people keep buying those rushed sorts of glitchy/broken/unfinished/dull games then they'll just keep getting made. They're easy to sell. It's a shame but oh well I guess. :\

Here's hoping maybe things start to turn around when more games end up being released like Assasin's Creed: Unity and show how broken a game can be if it's churned out prematurely just so it releases on the right day, but then again that's probably hoping too much.

As long as people keep buying those rushed sorts of glitchy/broken/unfinished/dull games then they'll just keep getting made. They're easy to sell. It's a shame but oh well I guess. :\

Here's hoping maybe things start to turn around when more games end up being released like Assasin's Creed: Unity and show how broken a game can be if it's churned out prematurely just so it releases on the right day, but then again that's probably hoping too much.

We can hope, friend. Though I feel that not even that will change their minds, people tend to be idiots from what I've seen. When I worked at Game (a highstreet store that sells videogames and consoles and shit in the UK) the amount of people who came to me and said "Look, I know about the issues with Unity, but I want to buy it anyway"

:|

And this was on like, day 2 or 3 of release, everyone knew about the issues, and I told them that it's better to wait and see if Ubisoft fix it first because it's an expensive waste of money. But as usual, I got ignored. Oh well, at least it isn't my money that's being wasted, I suppose.

And this was on like, day 2 or 3 of release, everyone knew about the issues, and I told them that it's better to wait and see if Ubisoft fix it first because it's an expensive waste of money. But as usual, I got ignored. Oh well, at least it isn't my money that's being wasted, I suppose.

Yeah, true I guess. It's a shame sombody's money is still getting wasted anyway though.

To be fair however, Ubisoft did apologise profusely and tried to make it up a little bit IIRC, like making the first DLC free. At least in that instance they were acting more for their customers than potential profits.

Yeah, true I guess. It's a shame sombody's money is still getting wasted anyway though.

To be fair however, Ubisoft did apologise profusely and tried to make it up a little bit IIRC, like making the first DLC free. At least in that instance they were acting more for their customers than potential profits.

They did, and whatever their reason it seemed to have brought some people back. I had been burned too many times by them before though, so I'm waiting to see how well their launches go from now on. I know that some of the games are good and fun to play, but if their support for them is abysmal then I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Especially if they don't improve Uplay, it's the most horrible piece of shit DRM I've ever used.

I've little issue pre-ordering games, if it's something I plan to buy when it comes out. Worst case scenario, if the game looks like it's going to totally flop right before release, I cancel my pre-order. 

Sometimes cancelling a pre-order hurts a developer a lot more than not pre-ordering at all

Quite sad that publishers don't even try to push some of the games that they have coming out. Like until dawn. It was a really good game but it went pretty much unnoticed. It had not much of a presence during E3 this year. 

And i like to pre-order my games that I plan on getting day one cuz it gets much cheaper here that way. Aside from the sweet little bonus stuff I can get. Speaking of which, Until Dawn's pre order bonus was quite cheap. An exclusive additional 20 minutes or so gameplay about some b*tch looking for her panties. And honestly, I didn't even know that was the exclusive part. I belnded so well in the game, you would never notice until ye did research. I guess my pre-order made up for it with the free movie tickets I got. 

I've no issue with pre-orders, if someone wants to then go for it. I only tend to pre-order games I've got solid faith in (the only one I have on pre-order right now is Fallout 4), I'm not interested in any bonuses unless they actually are bonuses like mentioned above where you get some more actual gameplay. I don't care for reskins or some extra guns that'll be outclassed near instantly.

I'm not quite sure why SCE didn't market Until Dawn as much, everything I've heard about it has been pretty stellar and I'm excited to play it for myself, perhaps they didn't have as much confidence in it as they should've, or maybe they just didn't want to hype it up because that tends to be bad or they wanted to keep the spotlight on their flagship titles. I've no idea.

I NEVER pre-order. I first check out pirated versions of the games, treating it as a car test-drive.

If I uninstall game after 2-3 hours, there is no point in buyng it. And I'm not always buying games even if I complete them, that concerning mostly titles that I'm able to complete in 6-20 hours.

I always buy games on which I spent more than 20 hours tho. Same goes to free to play games - if I enjoy them, I'll buy premium content just to reward the creators for fun they provided me with.

Last games I purchased were Witcher 3 and Banner Saga. And I still need to purchase Ori And The Blind Forest and Transistor since I completed them already several times, but still don't have original versions of them.

Edited by Ayattar

I've never bought/played Destiny, but my sister has and the most disappointing aspect of that game from a spectator's perspective is that the environments are gorgeous and yet 90% of the gameplay is just shooting robots, aliens, and alien robots with varying degrees of epilepsy inducing particle effects.

• Like 1

I've never bought/played Destiny, but my sister has and the most disappointing aspect of that game from a spectator's perspective is that the environments are gorgeous and yet 90% of the gameplay is just shooting robots, aliens, and alien robots with varying degrees of epilepsy inducing particle effects.

Essentially, yes. The potential is there, it's just not utilised. Not only that but Bungie's shitty way of alienating the players who won't buy or can't afford the new DLC, The Taken King, is abysmal. 

I've always bought stuff I've pirated if I enjoyed it, it's just a shame that I've had to resort to that because nobody seems to release demos anymore. All it tells me is that the higher ups are just worried that people'll realise that their game is a piece of shit and simply won't buy it. Why they can't just make a better game and prove it to people by giving them a little chunk of it for free is beyond me, that's the simple solution, right?

I've always bought stuff I've pirated if I enjoyed it, it's just a shame that I've had to resort to that because nobody seems to release demos anymore. All it tells me is that the higher ups are just worried that people'll realise that their game is a piece of shit and simply won't buy it. Why they can't just make a better game and prove it to people by giving them a little chunk of it for free is beyond me, that's the simple solution, right?

You shouldn't worry at all.

Sims 2 and 3 being the perfect example. Sims 2 were pirated and cracked on the day of it's release... Selling exaclty the same amount of original copies on the first week as the Sims 3, which were cracked a month after it's release. That means what people who download pirated versions only simply WON'T buy originals even if pirated versions dissapear completely. So actually pirating has almost no impact on sales, in truth being slightly beneficial, providing additional advertisement.

That's also why. for example, creators of Witcher series resigned from protecting their games almost completely (Witcher 2 having no protection at all, allowing to download DLCs for free for pirated versions!). That way they sell even more. Since some of the pirate players feel obliged.

But of course you won't hear that from the developers.

Edited by Ayattar

I rarely pre-order games. However I pre-ordered The Crew when it released last November. Unfortunately, it took a few months for them to add content and fix issues with the game. While it is a great game now, I felt quite disappointed by the quality of the launch build of the game. So yeah,  usually it is a good idea it until after launch to decide whether or not to buy a game,  and even if it has a lackluster launch revisiting after a few months is a good idea.

I still to this day boycott EA and Ubisoft games out of principle, and I've added Konami to that list. Nor will I ever buy another Bioware game.

I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is in regards to gaming, and in turn spend way too much money on the devs that I love. That's how you do it folks.

Edit: And yes, pre-ordering needs to die.

Edited by Clove Darkwave

All I can say is:

- World of Goo

- Legend of Grimrock

- Machinarium

- ArmA

- DayZ

- Crypt of the Necrodancer

- Eve Online

- Hotline Miami

- Psychonauts

- Guacameele

- Super Meat Boy

- Binding of Isaac

- Amnesia: Dark Descent

- Tropico 3

- Shatter

- Kerbal Space Program

- The Banner Saga

- Bastion

- Transistor

- Frozen Synapse

- Ori and The Blind Forest

- Limbo

All of them indie, all of them ranked in top 20 of the top games in years 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 respectively...

Ori And The Blind Forest being my personal favourite game of the 2015 (way above GTA 5, Witcher 3 or MGS 5, and I'm not afraid that Fallout 4 will detronize it, not by a one bit), with Transistor and Frozen Synapse being in my personal 20 favourites of all times.

Edited by Ayattar

I don't mind preordering nearly as much as I hate Early Access.

Now THAT needs to end.

Early Access = Come Beta test our game for a price, oh yeah all that money we received, straight into our pockets, this game is a lost cause and we are no longer going to work on it, but thank you for believing in us, your money really showed us that, but next time gives us more to show us you really believe.

Edited by Naesaki

Early Access is a good idea in theory that has been used exceedingly poorly, and has been heavily exploited in practice. At this point, as much as I see potential in it, I do think we're better off pulling any and all support for games that seem to be relying on early access income as a means of funding themselves. Maybe revisit it in a few years.

Preordering is a practice that has had ups and downs over the years. Something that started off perfectly reasonable, and more often used mostly as a means to lay-away and more easily pay off games before release, but has in more recent years been relentlessly exploited by developers and publishers alike.

Nowadays I have my own short list of acceptable preorder bonuses, as well as publishers and developers I'll trust not to screw me over. I only ever preorder if there are exclusive limited physical rewards. The Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition, for example. I've got that all paid up. I also have the limited collector's edition of Halo 5 all paid up. I have a thing for statues.

I trust Bethesda, not necessarily because their games are solid upon release, but because they work quickly and diligently to resolve serious issues as quickly as possible, and they have the best modding communities around. I still find new shit to do with Oblivion, and of course Skyrim is going strong when it comes to interesting new content mods.
I'm a little shaky on 343, the Master Chief Collection is still terrible to try and play online. But I do trust that they care more about their next main entry game and will put in genuine effort to make sure it's all on the up and up, considering Halo 4, y'know, actually worked.
Most developers that are answering to EA I'm wary of. EA has pretty well gotten their balls in a vicegrip and forced them to pull some shit. I still somewhat trust Bioware, however. Mass Effect 3 was a bump in the road, but Dragon Age Inquisition is evidence that lessons have been learned. I'll likely preorder Mass Effect Andromeda if there are any cool physical rewards in store.

Exclusive bonus content for preorderers, console exclusive content, both of these are automatic shit-list material. Paying a little extra and getting some cool toys along with the game is perfectly fine. But getting more game then people who choose to pick it up at a later date, essentially providing late adopters, or people who chose Xbox One over PS4 (Or vice versa) with a technically incomplete product? Fucking ridiculous.

I'm pretty glad the Metal Gear franchise was not something I was able to get into growing up, it was just never something that I even knew about until more recent years. Because I've seen the pain Konami has been causing and I am so very sorry for all the former Metal Gear, and Konami published games in general. Condolences are had.

Early Access is a good idea in theory that has been used exceedingly poorly, and has been heavily exploited in practice. At this point, as much as I see potential in it, I do think we're better off pulling any and all support for games that seem to be relying on early access income as a means of funding themselves. Maybe revisit it in a few years.

Preordering is a practice that has had ups and downs over the years. Something that started off perfectly reasonable, and more often used mostly as a means to lay-away and more easily pay off games before release, but has in more recent years been relentlessly exploited by developers and publishers alike.

Nowadays I have my own short list of acceptable preorder bonuses, as well as publishers and developers I'll trust not to screw me over. I only ever preorder if there are exclusive limited physical rewards. The Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition, for example. I've got that all paid up. I also have the limited collector's edition of Halo 5 all paid up. I have a thing for statues.

I trust Bethesda, not necessarily because their games are solid upon release, but because they work quickly and diligently to resolve serious issues as quickly as possible, and they have the best modding communities around. I still find new shit to do with Oblivion, and of course Skyrim is going strong when it comes to interesting new content mods.
I'm a little shaky on 343, the Master Chief Collection is still terrible to try and play online. But I do trust that they care more about their next main entry game and will put in genuine effort to make sure it's all on the up and up, considering Halo 4, y'know, actually worked.
Most developers that are answering to EA I'm wary of. EA has pretty well gotten their balls in a vicegrip and forced them to pull some shit. I still somewhat trust Bioware, however. Mass Effect 3 was a bump in the road, but Dragon Age Inquisition is evidence that lessons have been learned. I'll likely preorder Mass Effect Andromeda if there are any cool physical rewards in store.

Exclusive bonus content for preorderers, console exclusive content, both of these are automatic shit-list material. Paying a little extra and getting some cool toys along with the game is perfectly fine. But getting more game then people who choose to pick it up at a later date, essentially providing late adopters, or people who chose Xbox One over PS4 (Or vice versa) with a technically incomplete product? Fucking ridiculous.

I'm pretty glad the Metal Gear franchise was not something I was able to get into growing up, it was just never something that I even knew about until more recent years. Because I've seen the pain Konami has been causing and I am so very sorry for all the former Metal Gear, and Konami published games in general. Condolences are had.

Early Access is something that needs to be moderated properly by Valve or Desura, because right now this whole 'community moderation' thing is something that's helping these rip-off artists get away with it. Now that refunds are part of Steam it has started to solve the issue but the heart of the problem lies with the program itself. Valve need to screen these games before they're fully greenlit otherwise we're just going to get repeats of things like the Stomping Lands or whatever it was called.

I'm the same as you when it comes to pre-orders, if it's got a statue then I want it, I've got a nice collection of statues from all sorts of games that I've bought over the years. But that's really the only pre-order exclusive incentive I'll show interest in, I couldn't care less about weapon skins or whatever as I said in a previous post. 

As for Bioware, I love them. If it wasn't for Bioware I wouldn't be in a position to develop games right now, I wouldn't be able to play masterpieces like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights on my PC, The Witcher's game series probably would've never happened if Bioware didn't exist to help CD Projekt with the first one. I owe them a lot in that regard, so I can see past their screwups. They acknowledged the fact that they fucked up, and I'm not stubborn enough to hold an extreme grudge against a developer if they mess up once and then admit that it's their mistake. I'm excited to see what they do with the future of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, as well as any new IPs that're likely to come from that studio.

I don't mind preordering nearly as much as I hate Early Access.

Now THAT needs to end.

When you preorder, you don't have a chance to hear what other people say about the game. At least you do with Early Access. If you buy an Early Access game and it turns out to be shit, you can't blame anyone but yourself.

... I guess that's a good reason to prefer preordering :P 

Honestly, this is all what makes me happy that indie games are having a lot of presence nowadays. They're usually cheap, innovative and fun. I don't care so much about graphics that I need the latest edition of Raw and Gritty: The Grit Gets Grittier. I've always preferred gameplay over graphics, and if a game is entertaining with simplistic or low-budget art, hey. That's okay.

Not that I won't splurge on a Nintendo game now and then. I like how much they've been supporting indie developers, with coverage of indie games at recent conferences they've attended and just how the eShop has been filling up with tons of indie hits like Kerbal Space Program, Runbow and even Don't Starve.

In contrast, I've been happy with most of my early access stuff. Kerbal Space Program and Space Engineers has eaten up a lot of my time, as has Rimworld, Factorio, Offworld Trading Company. Towns is usually pointed to as an example of bad games, but I liked it and feel that it's a complete game, really. Trying to think of other games I've hit up early access on, but cannot offhand aside from a few duds.

I think the only early access game I bought was Rust, the guys who are developing it post weekly blogs/updates. They've been actively adding tonnes of new content for over a year now, you only need to look at their devblogs to see: http://playrust.com/ (79 weeks of dev blogs)

The game as it is right now is worth the money, in my opinion. The only downside is that it requires an absolute monster of a PC to run with decent graphics..

I think I own it, bought it ages ago. I bought a lot of games hoping my old computer could run them.

It couldn't.

I've heard the Steam Refund policy is really helping to reduce people getting ripped off by bad Early Access games, as well as bad games in general.

Does it qualify for games I bought ages ago? Because Wreckfest, a demolition derby game in early access, has very lackluster progress over the few years it has been in early access, and I supported the project since the beginning. 

I think the only early access game I bought was Rust, the guys who are developing it post weekly blogs/updates. They've been actively adding tonnes of new content for over a year now, you only need to look at their devblogs to see: http://playrust.com/ (79 weeks of dev blogs)

The game as it is right now is worth the money, in my opinion. The only downside is that it requires an absolute monster of a PC to run with decent graphics..

They're in the "tick" phase of development right now, no doubt. They'll probably focus on the "tock" of optimization once they feel they're about finished with the game.

To me the game industry is hurt thanks to mobile banalizing video games like they did to music, the likes of Epic Games wanting to shove down expensive graphic tech pretty much making prouction cost on the graphical department super expensive and time consuming, on top of hollywood bigwigs sticking their nose where it doesn't belong contributing with the skyrocketting AAA budget. Now to be considered worth the price the game needs pointless famous actors doing voice overs, pointless ultra realistic physics, lots of eye candy and have an explorable setting the size of Japan or bigger... The cost is so insane some games sell 3 million units and are considered a "failure" for it.

The worst of it all is that those hyper realistic open world gta wannabe western AAA games cost $50~70 and STILL come out full of laughable bugs.

Thanks to all this bullshit standard companies like Hudson Soft are gone. A lot of franchises are abandoned due less than multi-million sales, new IPs that aren't made by independent developers are either carbon copies of existing IPs with different names or simply rare to come out...

And to be fair I don't think indies are the saving grace of the industry either. There are about as many (or less) indie games that are actually well made as there are those made by large companies. Most indie games rehash the same concepts from one another. One of the most popular indie games nowadays is nothing more than a pile of NES classic references piled together. I find it funny people are fine with indies rehashing, but god forbid Nintendo, Ubisoft or Activision if they make yearly rehashes.

And to be fair I don't think indies are the saving grace of the industry either. There are about as many (or less) indie games that are actually well made as there are those made by large companies. Most indie games rehash the same concepts from one another. One of the most popular indie games nowadays is nothing more than a pile of NES classic references piled together. I find it funny people are fine with indies rehashing, but god forbid Nintendo, Ubisoft or Activision if they make yearly rehashes.

To be honest, I'm okay with Nintendo making new installments in a franchise, even if all they do is add a few things. As long as nothing's taken out, you know what you're getting.

That being said, the games where things ARE taken out (Mario Kart 8's sloppy battle mode) are a little disappointing, but Mario Kart 8 had enough new content to make up for it, in my opinion, and reasonable DLC practices. Only two DLC packs came out, each with a plethora of content-- completely new, yet unnecessary to fully enjoy the game. Also reasonably priced: $12 total for 6 characters, 16 racetracks and 8 vehicles.

Edited by Eggdodger