Things that you hate! v2

Sar

Cheap glass. Tonight I was washing a round of dishes, I put one of the girlfriend's glasses on the drying rack and 25 seconds later I hear a high-pitched snap! I look at my glass, look at hers, don't see anything that would explain it and return to washing dishes. Another 30 seconds pass and I hear a delicate crick-snap! This time I'm sure I'm not hallucinating so I look at my glass again, then at hers... and I finally see it. About three-quarters of an inch from the rim, describing a perfect half-circle around the glass, is a fracture. The fucking glass, as best as I can tell, had some sort of thermal shock from leaving the luke-warm water and meeting the luke-warm air and developed a crack that goes nearly the entire circumference. It's seriously pissing me off, because I'm going to catch hell for "breaking one of the pretty glasses." @6tails have you ever seen this shit in the kitchen? 

Cheap glass. Tonight I was washing a round of dishes, I put one of the girlfriend's glasses on the drying rack and 25 seconds later I hear a high-pitched snap! I look at my glass, look at hers, don't see anything that would explain it and return to washing dishes. Another 30 seconds pass and I hear a delicate crick-snap! This time I'm sure I'm not hallucinating so I look at my glass again, then at hers... and I finally see it. About three-quarters of an inch from the rim, describing a perfect half-circle around the glass, is a fracture. The fucking glass, as best as I can tell, had some sort of thermal shock from leaving the luke-warm water and meeting the luke-warm air and developed a crack that goes nearly the entire circumference. It's seriously pissing me off, because I'm going to catch hell for "breaking one of the pretty glasses." @6tails have you ever seen this shit in the kitchen? 

Corelle is indestructable, we have Corelle dishes that are over 20 years old and have been through hell!

Why can't someone accept a polite refusal to an invitation to the church?

Oh man, I have to deal with this almost everysingle time I go to campus, theres a super religious christian club there that goes up and talks to people for like 15 mins straight trying to get you to join, they are always there too it gets so annoying.

Corelle is indestructable, we have Corelle dishes that are over 20 years old and have been through hell!

This was a fancy-pants pint-style drinking glass, and I don't think Corelle makes drinking glasses. I've got various Corelle dishes from my folks and garage sales (so many mismatched floral patterns) and I love 'em, but I don't think they'll fix my particular gruntle here.

2015-11-25-broken-fancyglass.thumb.jpg.4

Stupid fancyglass. You can see the fracture above the blue "ribbon," near the center of the glass.

Things that I hate, grocery store edition:

People who, halfway across the store, decide they don't want something after all, and just put it on a random shelf.

People who leave their cart somewhere to grab something from the other end of the store.

People who dig through the products on a shelf to find one that has a slightly later expiry date.

People who think that free samples mean they can take all of them.

People who only take one free sample, but only after rubbing their fingers over all of them.

Special bonus that I don't actually hate, but rather find entertaining in a 'you fucking moron' way:

People who refuse to use shopping carts or baskets, and walk around the store with their groceries held precariously in their arms.

• Like 1

People who, halfway across the store, decide they don't want something after all, and just put it on a random shelf.

People who leave their cart somewhere to grab something from the other end of the store.

People who dig through the products on a shelf to find one that has a slightly later expiry date.

People who think that free samples mean they can take all of them.

People who only take one free sample, but only after rubbing their fingers over all of them.

Special bonus that I don't actually hate, but rather find entertaining in a 'you fucking moron' way:

People who refuse to use shopping carts or baskets, and walk around the store with their groceries held precariously in their arms.

People who bring 20 Items to the 15 items or less isle.....

• Like 1

I'm uh. Occasionally guilty of this.

It's usually because I'll underestimate the amount of items I'm actually getting or if it's busy and there's no baskets available

Yeah, it's crazy what ends up in different departments. I've seen someone leave a package of frozen wieners in the music section in a Walmart electronics department.

I am guilty of this, just because I only get a few things, and shopping carts make me quite anxious because of bacterial reasons.

Edited by Phausk

After working in retail, I actually like the people who leave random things on a random shelf after deciding they don't want it. Because it gave me something to actually DO at some point in the day to go and put them all back where they came from.

For this reason I also feel no guilt in dumping my shopping cart in some random place after I'm done with it. Because I know it's giving someone another couple of minutes of stuff to do before they have to get back to pretending to be busy until closing time.

Dunno, did I just have a bad experience in retail or something?

After working in retail, I actually like the people who leave random things on a random shelf after deciding they don't want it. Because it gave me something to actually DO at some point in the day to go and put them all back where they came from.

I usually called these "Decisions were made, here." Like when I was in Menards and found the bottle of Diet Grape Juice bottle that was left amongst the fluorescent bulbs. Somebody clearly was weighing if they wanted to sit in darkness or have some Purple Drank, and opted for light.

My boyfriend left my puppy in the garage so he could do errands (I as at work so he was babysitting). During this, she ate almost a whole apple pie (almost as in the remaining 3/4ths). Her belly is now FAT and she is STILL hungry and I'm afraid that she is going to have explosive poop so I've tripled the amount of times I've taken her outside (compared to normal). Just poop it out puppy! It's like a ticking time bomb without the countdown! Arrraaarghhh!

being ignored again u.u I dont know I guess Im just not worth it anymore. Im just going to stop trying as hard, if people cant acknowledge me like they used to there's no reason I have to keep trying until they make an effort, I guess.

Im just a sucker for loyalty and I would be patient with someone who had a reason not to discuss things with me.

Edited by WolfNightV4X1