Caitlyn Jenner's Probably Gonna "De-Transition"

PastryOfApathy

holy shit lmao

Caitlyn Jenner Experienced ‘Sex Change Regret,’ Might De-Transition, Biographer Says

According to Halperin, multiple sources close to the Kardashian family told him that Jenner might revert back because she retains her interest in females.

“She’s still into women and wants to meet the right one,” Halperin recalled one friend saying.

I don't know much of this, but when my dad brought it up in conversation some time ago he surmised that, since it's the kardashians, that it was probably an endeavour to seek attention and that the next phase of drama would be Caitlyn announcing that she wants to change back.

...I didn't believe him, but maybe he was right. O_o

But...Aren't there lesbian mtf people out there? Also is that actually possible? To just...change your mind?

Also:

However, a representative for Jenner denied Halperin’s claims, telling New York Daily News, “Not worth commenting on such an idiotic report … Of course it’s not true.”

Its entirely possible that this isn't true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Battlechili said:

But...Aren't there lesbian mtf people out there? Also is that actually possible? To just...change your mind?

Also:

Yup, I noticed that bit as well. Rumours are juicier gossip though, so even if they are contrived rumours, perhaps they were intentionally leaked to cultivate attention.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

I don't know how or if orientation changes during transition, but my impression is there's a fair variety of orientations.

I think it's possible to transition back, but it's at least as difficult as transitioning to begin with, so it's not "just" changing your mind.

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

You mean that someone who's written a book about the Kardashian clan, from the outside looking in, due to having no access to the actual family, basing it on rumors and reports by former people associated with the Kardashians, might be motivated by profit to publish MORE rumors about Kardashians?  Crazy talk I say!

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You mean that someone who's written a book about the Kardashian clan, from the outside looking in, due to having no access to the actual family, basing it on rumors and reports by former people associated with the Kardashians, might be motivated by profit to publish MORE rumors about Kardashians?  Crazy talk I say!

You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

I think it's possible to transition back, but it's at least as difficult as transitioning to begin with, so it's not "just" changing your mind.

Fair enough; I didn't mean to imply that it was so simple. I just didn't know that it was even possible.

I doubt it's true but honestly considering the Kardashian's and their need for the limelight I don't think anything they'd say or do surprises me anymore and frankly I don't think I'd care even if you proved it was true. Caitlyn Jenner and the rest of her family really have no business making headlines when there are people out there who are more talented, more compelling and more worthy of respect and attention. 

24 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Fair enough; I didn't mean to imply that it was so simple. I just didn't know that it was even possible.

From a surgical perspective, there's some stuff that really could never be 'undone'.  The Female to Male genital procedures offer unsatisfactory results as it is, male to female to male would basically be even worse.  But de-transitioning back into the male social role would be fairly trivial.  ...I mean, assuming you weren't Jenner.  Jenner could have been a nobody, a D list sports celebrity that most people forgot about by the late 1980's but they made themselves a side part of the Kardashian reality show and then signed up for their OWN reality show post-transition.  They pretty much cemented themselves into the tabloids from there onward, which ever they were to do, they'd be in the public eye doing it.  There's no getting out of that one.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

From a surgical perspective, there's some stuff that really could never be 'undone'.  The Female to Male genital procedures offer unsatisfactory results as it is, male to female to male would basically be even worse.  But de-transitioning back into the male social role would be fairly trivial.  ...I mean, assuming you weren't Jenner.  Jenner could have been a nobody, a D list sports celebrity that most people forgot about by the late 1980's but they made themselves a side part of the Kardashian reality show and then signed up for their OWN reality show post-transition.  They pretty much cemented themselves into the tabloids from there onward, which ever they were to do, they'd be in the public eye doing it.  There's no getting out of that one.

On this note...I'm aware of the process by which male genitals are surgically manipulated to resemble female genitals...but how is the reverse contrived in FTM? I think I read that it was the hormonal enlargement and refashioning of the clitoris into a glans? ...but that wouldn't really look very much like a penis...or function as one.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

On this note...I'm aware of the process by which male genitals are surgically manipulated to resemble female genitals...but how is the reverse contrived in FTM? I think I read that it was the hormonal enlargement and refashioning of the clitoris into a glans? ...but that wouldn't really look very much like a penis...or function as one.

Long story short: It's small, it requires huge skin grafts typically from the thigh as construction material, it can't get erect without the installation of mechanical devices (inflatable blatters or such).  It's basically TERRIBLE.  A penis is a pretty complicated thing, mechanically, and building one from scratch isn't something that medical science has even come close to mastering.  The majority of Female-To-Male transsexuals opt not for that surgery since it's basically a huge waste of money and pain for little gained.

One thing that really does bother me about all this is how Caitlyn Jenner has become a kind of "trans representative".  Caitlyn Jenner is not remotely an accurate representation of the average transperson. Caitlyn Jenner is an extravagantly rich hollywood personality, but because everyone is looking at her and the media is selling her she suddenly has the burden of having to "do it right". Frankly it's unfair to ask that of anyone. Now Caitlyn didn't help matters by making statments like "If I can make money out of this I will" and pushing her drama/reality show but I think the media and the general public has put too much significance on her transition and they've made her into an LGBT ambassador when that was a role she was not apt to fill. 

• Like 3

...In any case, assuming its true it seems like the reason stated for detransition is "

Jenner might revert back because she retains her interest in females.

“She’s still into women and wants to meet the right one,” Halperin recalled one friend saying."

To me that says she's having a hard time as a lesbian mtf finding a woman who's into a transwomen...dating in general is pretty hard for trans people because to most people you arent totally one way or the other. Its a bit of an impossible circumnstance. She probably feels it'd be more hopeful to get by as a male in the romance department and will probably go back to ignoring her negative feelings for the sake of normality

That would be my guess anyways

6 hours ago, Battlechili said:

Also:

I think this is why this story is easily a hot topic. If a token transwomen changes her mind it means gender is just a choice after all and she was being entirely delusional to begin with.

Thats not the case...from what I heard when it comes to detransition there may be a lot of reasons. Some involve health complications, some hopelessness, and some because theyve come to realize it isnt for them-but that doesnt make any of the feelings in the past wrong, it just means they fluctuate in feelings.

And going halfway isnt even that bad either, sometimes halfway is just right. I guess. 

Edited by ArielMT
Mod edit: Let's not use slurs, OK?
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Posting to incredibly firmly say we're no longer tolerating the usage of the word tranny. Carry on with whatever this is. 

Since I call myself tranny all the time, it's going to take some getting used to.

Back OT, if she de-transitions it pretty much means she was never trans. But whatever, tabloids and kardashian trash

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Stop getting offended for trans people.

I assume it's for the same reasons that casually saying the N-word, be it by someone who is black or not, wouldn't be tolerated.

Similarly, you're not in a position to be speaking for trans people either.

Just now, Vae said:

I assume it's for the same reasons that casually saying the N-word, be it by someone who is black or not, wouldn't be tolerated.

Similarly, you're not in a position to be speaking for trans people either.

Neither is Lemon. What's your point? If they want to call themselves that they shouldn't be punished for it.

7 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Neither is Lemon. What's your point? If they want to call themselves that they shouldn't be punished for it.

Except that most trans people recognize it as a slur, especially when one person directs it at or uses it to refer to another person.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Actually, I was the one who reported the post.  So instead of attacking the mods for taking reasonable action, attack me.

You didn't have to disclose this fact, and besides, we stated this stance days before your report.

2 minutes ago, ArielMT said:

You didn't have to disclose this fact, and besides, we stated this stance days before your report.

I apparently did have to disclose it, because this is a forum that can't keep itself from attacking the moderators the moment they impose any expectation of being halfway decent human beings.

4 minutes ago, Sidewalk Surfboard said:

Ok, because one trans person got offended by a word, you're going to take away another trans person's right to say the word. Ok. Makes total sense. A+.
I give up.

Pretty sure quite a few people have been bothered by it, or else it wouldn't have been addressed and stated by staff multiple times to cut down on the use of it, before this.

I personally don't care about the word,
but this is hardly the first time this issue has been raised.

1 minute ago, Lucyfish said:

The tranny in my car gets leaks sometimes. *Banned*

But for real, I don't even know what Caitlyn Jenner is anymore. She's not a woman, she's not a man, she's just some kind of really ignorant alien.

I mean, there are gender neutral/agender people.

I really do feel like Caitlyn is doing it for attention, but I can be cynical.

Just now, Feelwell the Rabbit said:

I mean, there are gender neutral/agender people.

I really do feel like Caitlyn is doing it for attention, but I can be cynical.

She's not even agender though.

She's pretty much just a condom with legs.

Just now, Lucyfish said:

But for real, I don't even know what Caitlyn Jenner is anymore. She's not a woman, she's not a man, she's just some kind of really ignorant alien.

Someone should tell her that other genders do exist, or at least that it's okay not to conform to the binary or a stereotype.

The tranny in my car gets leaks sometimes. *Banned*

Yeah, sorry about that. :V

She's not even agender though.

She's pretty much just a condom with legs.

I am so, so confused by what you mean by that, but it made me laugh anyway. Thank you, because I know have an image of a condom on legs stuck in my head.

I hope you're satisfied.

1 minute ago, Cingal said:

Tranny BDSM.

Reveal hidden contents

yMkIwhP.jpg

Hey man, that's pretty inappropriate. You don't want children seeing that and being scarred for life.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Lion said:

One thing that really does bother me about all this is how Caitlyn Jenner has become a kind of "trans representative".  Caitlyn Jenner is not remotely an accurate representation of the average transperson. Caitlyn Jenner is an extravagantly rich hollywood personality, but because everyone is looking at her and the media is selling her she suddenly has the burden of having to "do it right". Frankly it's unfair to ask that of anyone. Now Caitlyn didn't help matters by making statments like "If I can make money out of this I will" and pushing her drama/reality show but I think the media and the general public has put too much significance on her transition and they've made her into an LGBT ambassador when that was a role she was not apt to fill. 

My issue is that like you said, they give a super inaccurate idea of what transitioning really is.

Like it sucks donkey balls to have to explain to your dad that it's not just cutting your balls off and getting a bunch of surgery.

Why is Caitlyn Jenner famous again? Some crusty old athlete who waited too long to get a sex change, and everyone goes absolutely ballistic. Also, apparently she is a better woman than actual women, according to that one award last year, despite having very little contribution to society.

• Like 2