Wow fuck humidity

Azure

Literally fuck it. If this air were anymore solid, I'd need a Fucking scuba tank to get on with it. Who.the hell wants to live in a place like this? I mean people are paying half a million dollars to get some land in a mosquito infested swamp that happens to be a few miles from the beach. I soaked my shirt through as soon as I got out the car to work. Fuck this shit. Use this rant for all your sweat related ills, or whatever the fuck. It's back to the mountains for me.by Satan.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

ehehehhehehehe.

Southeeeern California!

Dry heat, motherfuuuuckers!!

I sure do love the feeling of being burnt alive.

but seriously it can feel pretty good

9 minutes ago, Rabbit Head said:

I'll still take that over humidity any day of the week.

I've lived in humid areas before.

Not disagreeing with you there. Fuck humidity.

I had a teacher who talked about how she visited the ruins of an ancient pyramid in Central America. The rigor of the climb (with the steps being so high) combined with the humidity sounded like hell on earth.

Maryland gets really, really muggy. It's a good place to live if you're a vine, though, they really thrive here. It gets oppressive just to walk around some days, as if the air itself is exerting a subtle pressure against you.

But humidity does have one plus: I've noted that people in hot, dry climates tend to age worse, and get more wrinkly quicker, like leather handbags or lizards. I think this is one reason plastic surgery is so popular in California, aside from the 'Hollywood'/glamour aspect.

Just now, 6tails said:

I must be one of those fun exceptions, as I've lived in hot dry climates for most of my life, am about at the halfway point of my life span, and have hardly anything wrinkle-wise!

Not everyone, of course, but it's a danger! Plus, you're close to the ocean. Places like Arizona are a lot worse, where you could prematurely end up like former governor Jan Brewer, or a more saggy Marlboro Man. I bet Arizona has the most wrinkles per capita, given all the retirees, heat and dryness.

2 minutes ago, 6tails said:

Not really, It's still a good couple hours away. I'm on the edge of the Mojave Desert.

My Geography is off! Is that by the Salton Sea? That place looks really, really bizarre. And that settlement out there, Slab City. On my list of places to see that are unusual.

5 minutes ago, 6tails said:

The Salton Sea is closer to the Colorado Desert in Imperial County, where I go mining geodes and agate. The Mojave is a bit further north.

*examines a map*

Ah, now I see! I was in SoCal only once, saw parts of LA, and my brother got married, in Santa Barbara. What a beautiful yet ritzy place. I don't think they allow wrinkles, in Santa Barbara. We did drive north along the coast, up to Pismo Beach, visited a friend in San Luis Obispo, and then, headed out to Utah for hiking. The lack of humidity was pleasant, I'll have to say.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

I don't envy you. I really hate humidity, which one of the few reasons I'm glad I'm in Utah (I would preferably be in Colorado).

Colorado has some pretty bomb weather, but you better bring sunscreen because goddamn the sun is right in your face. Denver also has a nasty habit of vomiting huge hail stones all over you at random. But fuck.it the weed is legal so I'll keep my new home.

2 hours ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Maryland gets really, really muggy. It's a good place to live if you're a vine, though, they really thrive here. It gets oppressive just to walk around some days, as if the air itself is exerting a subtle pressure against you.

But humidity does have one plus: I've noted that people in hot, dry climates tend to age worse, and get more wrinkly quicker, like leather handbags or lizards. I think this is one reason plastic surgery is so popular in California, aside from the 'Hollywood'/glamour aspect.

Lotion son, it's your best friend. But I look old anyway no matter what, and the sun.didn't make us.this way :v

55 minutes ago, Sylver said:

People buy fucking anything if they think it will raise their social position. Not saying that's a bad thing, that's just the way society works, though I do think it's a problem when people spend half a million on a piece of land in mosquito hell...or gold plating on their Lamborghini...or houses with a billion rooms and nobody else to occupy them...

Edit: I'm not one to talk. I'd probably be far far worse and find more creative ways to blow money..

Edit: oh god I just ate aluminium foil ._.

It's mostly old baby boomers who inhabit both that state of mind and this mosquito shit swamp. May the die of west Nile virus and their ill gotten gains be given to charity. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, XoPachi said:

I just need everywhere, everyday to be freezing. In the dead of winter, I literally do not close my bedroom window. Ever. I fucking ice over my room. Cannot stand heat.

Twinsies! 

I don't like humidity either, but if I have to choose between being hot or cold, I'll take the heat.

I'm used to it though; I've lived in either Louisiana or Mississippi all my life (early years in LA, the rest in MS), and I once had to spend an entire summer in the kitchen of my house with no air conditioning since that's where my computer was at the time. I didn't like the noise a fan made, so I wouldn't even have a fan blowing on me. 

Heat > cold

Humidity sucks but it beats having your hands and feat in pain due to cold air.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Th-there's no way it gets that cold, is there, r-right?

There arent many trees or hills. It's mostly flat land. Snow drifts trap people in their homes all the time, and basements flood in the spring/summer. There are only two seasons, 8 months of winter/ 4 months of summer. (I'm exaggerating that part a bit) This place sucks and it's real.

It does get that cold. Especially when you work the flight line.

Between this and sub-zero cold I prefer the heat, by far.

You're sure your car will start

You don't need a gazillion layers of clothes to make it without turning into a block of ice

You don't slip on a patch of ice hidden under a fluff of snow

Your water supply line doesn't freeze

Etcetera

It's around 30°C these days. Perfect.

5 minutes ago, Battlechili said:

Th-there's no way it gets that cold, is there, r-right?

Nope, it's true! ND is a very cold place. I grew up in northern Michigan towards the north end of Lake Michigan, and it got cold, but not quite that cold. We'd have weeks where the high temp might be zero, minus the windchill, and at night, maybe 20 below, plus windchill. After a week like that, when it got up to 20, it felt warm.

Actually, I love temps in the 20s; perfect for cross country skiing, dog-sledding, ice-skating, sledding, snow-shoeing. 20 to 25 is ideal for winter activities. I'm hoping to move back there, if I can ever get a job in the Traverse City area. It's way, way too hot here...above 85, and I melt, dry or humid heat.

• Like 1

After a brief respite, heat and humidity has returned to New Jersey with a vengeance...

Driving to work today was especially fun given that my car can't run the air conditioner and accelerate at the same time...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Osrik said:

After a brief respite, heat and humidity has returned to New Jersey with a vengeance...

Driving to work today was especially fun given that my car can't run the air conditioner and accelerate at the same time...

All the cars I had have been like that---I've only ever had cheap, hoopty ones. But looked at in a positive way, clicking off the AC button was also like pressing, "Turbo Boost, Go!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Osrik said:

Try driving a car that doesn't have AC. Luckily Ohio hasn't been very humid so far, due to very little rain.

3 hours ago, LazerMaster5 said:

Try driving a car that doesn't have AC. Luckily Ohio hasn't been very humid so far, due to very little rain.

This car didn't the past summer... only recently got it repaired to find the new problem.

On 7/13/2016 at 7:36 PM, FenrirDarkWolf said:

I don't know if I want ass sweat as my lube.

If I really like someone that could be hot.

99 out of 100 times though it's just gross.

On 7/14/2016 at 1:42 PM, Osrik said:

So, get the battery and alternator tested. I mean really, it's free.

Weekend was dry and nice.

But it's going to get worse, and I'm starting to feel it. A heat bubble is coming. Weather says it will be 100 degrees by Thurs and Friday, and I live next to CANADA. What, they can't send some glaciers and polar bears down here?

https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/summer-heat-expanding-widespread-dangerous