Let me introduce you to, "Internet asshole 101"

VGmaster9

I will never grasp on how people are so illogical when it comes to their opinions. It's like they feel they're gaining something out of having every characteristic of the biggest asshole you can possibly find on YouTube or all of the internet.

I was talking about Wonder Woman of the dresses she ware in Batman V Superman, and this is where it ends up.

http://imgur.com/C2h63Ka

http://imgur.com/hJbypWf

And when someone asks him why he thinks she's a bad actress, this is all he could muster up.

http://imgur.com/iw5Fg7m

So instead of having common sense, he had to act as immature as possible. This is all I have to say.

1 hour ago, #00Buck said:

Comment. 

[insult about your intelligence or sexuality]

[statement to the contrary of what you said]

"but hey that's just what i think so fuck off"

*smugly sips iced tea* one day my genius will be recognized

• Like 2

I suspect that the vast majority of internet users have neither the experience nor temperament in analysing and voicing their own opinions in a constructive and conceding (well, diplomatic) manner. However, since reviews and reactions are commonplace, perhaps people see it as something anybody can do and so off they go trying to become just as renowned for "championing" their own beliefs as those whom they watch.

Problem is, they haven't had the experience and so they perhaps fail to tell the difference between clever and humourous opinion and logical fallacy (most people struggle with this to some degree: ad hominem can be pretty funny in "good taste").

People get too involved and start calling each other names because they wrongly think that's meaningful in a debate (Perhaps because of their inspiration so often employing logical fallacy to incite humour.)

But what do I know? I'd probably end up doing the same. I can hardly explain Hegelian  dialectics.

1 hour ago, VGmaster9 said:

So what would honestly be considered "bad"?

People who state an opinion and then refuse to defend or explain it in any way when challenged, simply saying "Hey, it's just my opinion man". People who simply spew profanity at and belittles anyone who challenges their opinion. Probably other types of people beyond these I am not thinking of at the moment. The guy you were dealing with pales in comparison to these types.

I rarely engage in debates in comment sections or online in general, and I never do with someone if it is clear that they are unwilling to back up their opinions with either facts or well constructed arguments, as such a debate is pointless, as said person will almost always be the stubborn type who will hold on to their opinions no matter how baseless they are.

4 hours ago, Sarcastic Coffeecup said:

As far as idiots go he's not even bad.

He has an opinion, he can base it and explain it.

As much as you claim he did not, he actually did explain his opinion instead of "just because", at least he knows why he hates it so thats not what makes him an asshole

He's probably an asshole becauze he went out of his way to comment that someone elses opinion sucks, likely based on whatever video hes watching for some reason

2 minutes ago, WolfNightV4X1 said:

As much as you claim he did not, he actually did explain his opinion instead of "just because", at least he knows why he hates it so thats not what makes him an asshole

He's probably an asshole becauze he went out of his way to comment that someone elses opinion sucks 

Did you not read my post or did you misquote the person?

I did just say he isn't so bad and can base his opinion.

Ah YouTube comments. On one of the few times I ever make a comment there, I returned to find my notifications full of abuse from 10 year old fanboys (at least, that's what their comments made them sound like) just because I disagreed with 1 point in a video that some youtuber made.

So yeah, don't scroll down there. 'tis a silly place.

Bringing issues with another user to another forum.

Classy.

But basically, the only person who comes to mind who did what you did was a severe austistic who AFAIK eventually secluded himself on his own forum so noone could say mean things to him.

Anyway, treat Youtube like IMDb - never go to videos on things you love. Things you like, sure, but expect much obnoxiousness.