Milo Yiannopoulos fursona.

#00Buck

I feel like I am obliged to say that just because somebody has different opinions to you doesn't justify the immediate conclusion that they're an arsehole.

I don't agree with many of Milo's opinions; I'm neither an archetypal liberal or conservative, but I admire him for daring to defy convention, especially the received wisdom that being gay is incompatible with politically conservative perspectives and that gay people who hold those views have 'betrayed the rest of us'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

I feel like... just because somebody has different opinions to you doesn't justify the immediate conclusion that they're an arsehole.

I feel as though some differences do justify that.

One such difference is the "sexy black guy in new ghostbusters" thing. Another is the #JeSuisMilo thing.

54 minutes ago, FenrirDarkWolf said:

wtf did I walk into

A thread in which users make fun of a guy that had fully intended for people make fun of him because he likes the attention.

You walked into a win-win.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MalletFace said:

I feel as though some differences do justify that.

One such difference is the "sexy black guy in new ghostbusters" thing. Another is the #JeSuisMilo thing.

Trivial bullshit in other words. In my eyes everybody is children throwing poo at each other over a film.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

Trivial bullshit in other words. In my eyes everybody is children throwing poo at each other over a film.

The first one is, but I'm not sure comparing being banned on twitter for rule-breaking to being gunned down in an act of terrorism is quite so inconsequential to understanding one's personality. I think such blatant narcissism is either contemptible or worrying.

But, eh. 200 years from now and records of him existing may be few and far between. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MalletFace said:

The first one is, but I'm not sure comparing being banned on twitter for rule-breaking to being gunned down in an act of terrorism is quite so inconsequential to understanding one's personality. I think such blatant narcissism is either contemptible or worrying.

But, eh. 200 years from now and records of him existing may be few and far between. 

People have been using the je-suis hashtag for all sorts of trivial stuff, so obviously if I got upset about people doing that I would be constantly fretting all day about the hashtags people use on twitter.
Aside from this point though, I suspect fans of his came up with this hashtag because 'je suis' was already a well established meme in the press:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Je_suis_Charlie#Echoes

If I was going to be upset with Milo I would be upset about something that actually mattered, like his support for Donald Trump's presidency, because Donald Trump isn't going to ratify the Paris climate agreement and is going to attempt to rejuvenate American coal industries, because he believes that climate change is a Chinese conspiracy.

Putting all politics and shit-flinging contests on twitter to one side, the environment is actually important because we have to fucking live in it.

7 hours ago, Saxon said:

Liked it on facebook. :3

edit, there is a comment war on fur affinity about whether Milo is a nice person or not

and there is a comment war on facebook about whether furries are nice people or not

gaaah D:

Milo is just one of those peoples where you either love him or hate him. 

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the US Constitution party candidate, Darrell Castle. The Constitution party usually gets NO attention, probably because it may be even more far right and fundie than libertarianism and the tea party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Castle_presidential_campaign,_2016

Or Vermin Supreme, who wants everyone to brush their teeth and get a free pony.

tumblr_nmtvkn9I8K1s59l1yo1_1280-640x413.

3 hours ago, Saxon said:

I feel like I am obliged to say that just because somebody has different opinions to you doesn't justify the immediate conclusion that they're an arsehole.

I don't agree with many of Milo's opinions; I'm neither an archetypal liberal or conservative, but I admire him for daring to defy convention, especially the received wisdom that being gay is incompatible with politically conservative perspectives and that gay people who hold those views have 'betrayed the rest of us'.

He's a part of Breitbart, and every time I've seen anything written by or associated with Breitbart, I'd rather rub my corneas with sandpaper. Not to mention Breitbart is a hardcore Trump supporter, despite being a "conservative" website and Trump not being very conservative on a lot of things.

Plus, if he was a big part of gamergate, or was involved in all the hate towards Leslie Jones over the whole Ghostbuster movie (and him and other idiot anti-feminists screeching over a movie just because it has an all-female cast), he sounds like an asshole.

Also, about gay and conservative, it has a lot to do with mainstream American conservatism. Conservatism in the USA tends to be religious and very anti LGBT. The official stance of the Republican party is basically that marriage is only between a man and woman. While your sexual orientation has nothing to do with your political beliefs, if you're gay and voting for most conservatives you're pretty much voting against a lot of your rights as a LGBT. Hence why a lot of liberal LGBT feel like they are being betrayed, because you're gay and voting for people who say that gays are evil, or shouldn't marry, or shouldn't even be allowed to fuck.

You can still be gay and conservative in many ways, like fiscally conservative, or small government conservative, big military conservative, isolationist conservative, ect. You could even be religiously conservative or socially conservative, but that sounds like self-loathing to me. But with the way American political parties work, the only pro-lgbt party is also the big gov liberals, so if you're strongly small gov or fiscal con, you might just have to vote Republican.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Lee said:

He's a part of Breitbart, and every time I've seen anything written by or associated with Breitbart, I'd rather rub my corneas with sandpaper. Not to mention Breitbart is a hardcore Trump supporter, despite being a "conservative" website and Trump not being very conservative on a lot of things.

Plus, if he was a big part of gamergate, or was involved in all the hate towards Leslie Jones over the whole Ghostbuster movie (and him and other idiot anti-feminists screeching over a movie just because it has an all-female cast), he sounds like an asshole.

Also, about gay and conservative, it has a lot to do with mainstream American conservatism. Conservatism in the USA tends to be religious and very anti LGBT. The official stance of the Republican party is basically that marriage is only between a man and woman. While your sexual orientation has nothing to do with your political beliefs, if you're gay and voting for most conservatives you're pretty much voting against a lot of your rights as a LGBT. Hence why a lot of liberal LGBT feel like they are being betrayed, because you're gay and voting for people who say that gays are evil, or shouldn't marry, or shouldn't even be allowed to fuck.

You can still be gay and conservative in many ways, like fiscally conservative, or small government conservative, big military conservative, isolationist conservative, ect. You could even be religiously conservative or socially conservative, but that sounds like self-loathing to me. But with the way American political parties work, the only pro-lgbt party is also the big gov liberals, so if you're strongly small gov or fiscal con, you might just have to vote Republican.

Knows nothing about Milo. Jumps to incorrect conclusions. Oh look who is against gay marriage? It's the liberal candidate! 

Hey look who isn't concerned about gays and trans people using the washroom!

Trump 2016 build a bathroom!

• Like 3

Then why does Trump want a justice like Scalia, or Thomas? Clinton may have held these views in the past, as did Obama , to a degree, but a quick look at American History will show you who stood for gay rights, from marriage, to the military, to even sodomy being illegal: And, it was never a Republican who helped change these laws. I suggest a review of Supreme Court decisions, and who voted how, going back to the Reagan era, and beyond...history didn't start on the day Donald Trump wiped his butt. I think Hillary would appoint much more moderate justices...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saxon said:

nah, there's a lot of reasons why he's an asshole that don't have much to do with his political views

1 hour ago, Fossa-Boy said:

Then why does Trump want a justice like Scalia, or Thomas?

as the supporters might say "he doesn't really mean that" :V

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

Who the fuck is this guy and why should I care?

*googles*

Ah, a fucking Breitbart faggot. Great. He should go back to sucking his lord and savior Trump's tiny dick.

See, this is why I'm starting to want Trump to win -- just so I can drink some bitchy Democrat tears. So fucking sick of the way they act -- if it isn't smug self-righteousness it's unbridled tooth-gnashing hatred. They think we're all too stupid to know any better so we all need enlightened leftist intellectuals to run our lives for us, and if you dare question them they do everything in their power to belittle and destroy you.

Motherfuckers need a wakeup call.

Most of my family leans Republican. Whenever political discussions come up they're usually pretty levelheaded and pragmatic. When my 6'9" mountain of a Democrat step-grandfather gets involved though? He fucking rears up and yells the house down, shouting you into submission. That's pretty much all I ever see out of Democrats, screaming and threatening and shouting down all dissent. They've used "isms" to suppress and stifle conversation for so fucking long that they're losing all meaning -- actual victims of discrimination (when they aren't being propped up for political points only to be discarded like trash once they've outlived their usefulness) are being swept aside in favor of using their fucking pain and suffering to quash dissent, and I'm fucking sick of it.

</rant>

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Crazy Lee said:

You don't have to loath yourself if you're gay and hold conservative political opinions. That's the point.

I hate it when people imply that that you owe political affiliation to anybody because of your sexuality, race, religion or so on. Politics is about points of view, rather than one's personal identity, and we should remind ourselves that we can actually be friends with other people even if we disagree with their opinions, instead of separating ourselves out into opposing tribes.

To the rest of the world, it is perplexing to peer into the strange world of American politics, where the biggest issues are apparently cultural appropriation, toilets...fucking toilets...and the ghost busters movie.

Find common ground to agree about on important issues like energy, peace and the environment, instead of daemonising one another because of petty squabbles over fucking cinema.

3 hours ago, Victor-933 said:

See, this is why I'm starting to want Trump to win -- just so I can drink some bitchy Democrat tears. So fucking sick of the way they act -- if it isn't smug self-righteousness it's unbridled tooth-gnashing hatred. They think we're all too stupid to know any better so we all need enlightened leftist intellectuals to run our lives for us, and if you dare question them they do everything in their power to belittle and destroy you.

Motherfuckers need a wakeup call.

Most of my family leans Republican. Whenever political discussions come up they're usually pretty levelheaded and pragmatic. When my 6'9" mountain of a Democrat step-grandfather gets involved though? He fucking rears up and yells the house down, shouting you into submission. That's pretty much all I ever see out of Democrats, screaming and threatening and shouting down all dissent. They've used "isms" to suppress and stifle conversation for so fucking long that they're losing all meaning -- actual victims of discrimination (when they aren't being propped up for political points only to be discarded like trash once they've outlived their usefulness) are being swept aside in favor of using their fucking pain and suffering to quash dissent, and I'm fucking sick of it.

</rant>

It's not exactly analogous, because we don't have the American left and American right in England, but I have sometimes found myself shocked by the way people on the left behave here.
I met a woman who admitted to ostracising her friends if she found out they didn't vote for the labour party, for example.

I'm often faced with the conundrum that I agree with somebody's point of view, but am dismayed that they are trying to spread it by bullying people, or trying to have their opponents labeled as prejudiced, instead of laying out convincing arguments.

EDIT: I think it's important to mention though that a lot of young people on the political right are just as bad too. Many of them can't construct an argument at all and resort to calling people cucks. They are even more frustrating, because they usually recognise the bullying that goes on in the left, but don't realise that they're doing the exact same thing themselves.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Saxon said:

To the rest of the world, it is perplexing to peer into the strange world of American politics, where the biggest issues are apparently cultural appropriation, toilets...fucking toilets...and the ghost busters movie.

That's because you're viewing the incredibly large and complicated world of American politics through an impossibly narrow, and willfully ignorant lens.

If I did the same to say Britain, I'd think the entirety of their political system was concerned exclusively with Brexit and what kind of tea to make.

• Like 2

Just now, PastryOfApathy said:

That's because you're viewing the incredibly large and complicated world of American politics through an impossibly narrow, and willfully ignorant lens.

If I did the same to say Britain, I'd think the entirety of their political system was concerned exclusively with Brexit and what kind of tea to make.

So the fact I'd discussed coal industry earlier shows that I do know there's more to your politics than this. I think, however, that a lot of people are preoccupied with small and ultimately inconsequential topics, instead of the bigger picture and am surprised that people will quickly assume that somebody else is a total write off as a human being if they disagree on one of these micro-controversies.

• Like 1

yea saxon literally no one on the governmental level has even brought up cultural appropriation that's an awareness thing that's being talked about amoungst individuals and MAYBE by some organizations it hardly makes up one of the "largest issues in american politics" 

(if anything it should be UK politicians talking about it since it's a consequence and aspect of white colonialism [your country] but who cares right)

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

yea saxon literally no one on the governmental level has even brought up cultural appropriation that's an awareness thing that's being talked about amoungst individuals and MAYBE by some organizations it hardly makes up one of the "largest issues in american politics" 

(if anything it should be UK politicians talking about it since it's a consequence and aspect of white colonialism [your country] but who cares right)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Must_Fall#Oxford_University

Cultural appropriation and colonialism have been widely discussed in England in the past year, as a result of a the rhodes must fall campaign, and the discussion featured heavily in newspapers and in the official political discourse.

All of this fuss concerned a statue in Oxford of the infamous mining tycoon Cecil Rhodes.

1 minute ago, Saxon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Must_Fall#Oxford_University

Cultural appropriation and colonialism have been widely discussed in England in the past year, as a result of a the rhodes must fall campaign, and the discussion featured heavily in newspapers and in the official political discourse.

All of this fuss concerned a statue in Oxford of the infamous mining tycoon Cecil Rhodes.

oh you are so close you are almost there

can you imagine that my understanding of the nuances of your country's politics might be influenced by the physical distance I have from it, that since I'm not there and not actually paying attention to it that I might not have the full understanding that would come with being aware of what you've brought up in this post

a physical and attentive distance that someone from north america might feel towards the uk

Just now, Another Ampers& said:

oh you are so close you are almost there

can you imagine that my understanding of the nuances of your country's politics might be influenced by the physical distance I have from it, that since I'm not there and not actually paying attention to it that I might not have the full understanding that would come with being aware of what you've brought up in this post

a physical and attentive distance that someone from north america might feel towards the uk

If my discussion doesn't perceive an important nuance, then please, explain what that nuance is, as I did for you just now.

3 minutes ago, Another Ampers& said:

I did :3c

I'm not under the impression your government is discussing cultural appropriation in the senate.

I am surprised that a lot of people are preoccupied with inconsequential debates about, for example, bathroom facilities, and that people on either side will rapidly assume that people who don't agree with them are fundamentally nasty.

I disagree with you thought that British politicians should be discussing their colonial legacy; as if they can do anything about travesties which occurred before any of us were alive. It would be as though insisting that the German government in 2200 should spend a large amount of its time discussing the third Reich.

• Like 1

Just now, Saxon said:

I'm not under the impression your government is discussing cultural appropriation in the senate.

I am surprised that a lot of people are preoccupied with inconsequential debates about, for example, bathroom facilities, and that people on either side will rapidly assume that people who don't agree with them are fundamentally nasty.

I disagree with you thought that British politicians should be discussing their colonial legacy; as if they can do anything about travesties which occurred before any of us were alive. It would be as though insisting that the German government in 2200 should spend a large amount of its time discussing the third Reich.

I believe anyone who thinks I shouldn't be allowed to use public washrooms is a fundamentally nasty person, yes

and germany has actually done a lot to recognize its awful legacy and has even outlawed nazism so I don't understand this comparison

but also why 2200 do you think white colonialism was 300 years ago that you're pulling that comparison because like you know white colonialism was actually happening at the same time as the holocaust right